PDA

View Full Version : Did something happen in the Mets,Nationals game?

Fullboat
07-03-2010, 10:25 PM
If you look at the ESPN scores page the game is highlighted with a
blue tint. Don't tell me its highlighted because Strasburg started
said game.

Vottomatic
07-04-2010, 02:49 AM
It's funny. ESPN, on their game report, posted Strasburg's stats from his first 3 games against lousy offenses and his last 3 games against good teams. Huge difference.

Welcome to the big leagues Stephen.

ian_madden
07-04-2010, 03:30 AM
Don't be upset if he is named an all star later today. They have been hyping this guy for 2 years. That is the power of the media. At least its a "small market" DC player getting the hype, not a Yankee, cub or Dodger.

GIDP
07-04-2010, 08:42 AM
Don't be upset if he is named an all star later today. They have been hyping this guy for 2 years. That is the power of the media. At least its a "small market" DC player getting the hype, not a Yankee, cub or Dodger.

If he makes the all star team I will be pretty furious.

redsfan_12
07-04-2010, 09:40 AM
If he makes the all star team I will be pretty furious.

you and me both. Ive hated him ever since he moved to AAA. Its not really his fault. Its the hype from the media. Is he one of the 12-13 best pitchers in the NL? Absolutely. Does he deserve to be in the AS game after 6 starts? No!!

GIDP
07-04-2010, 09:55 AM
you and me both. Ive hated him ever since he moved to AAA. Its not really his fault. Its the hype from the media. Is he one of the 12-13 best pitchers in the NL? Absolutely. Does he deserve to be in the AS game after 6 starts? No!!

He could be one of the best 12-13 but like you said 6 starts isn't all star worthy and wouldnt be for anyone unless they threw 2 no hitters.

Caveman Techie
07-04-2010, 12:23 PM
The Nationals came from behind to win it. Dunn was about 1 inch shy of having a walkoff grand slam, instead he had a game tying double. Really was a good game.