PDA

View Full Version : Would You Move Harang To The Bullpen?

Krusty
07-04-2010, 11:01 AM
This isn't like Carlos Zambrano in Chicago but would moving Harang to the bullpen bolster the pen while creating a spot for Wood, Chapman or Bailey in the rotation? Move Harang to the pen and the rotation would look like this:

1. Arroyo
2. Leake
3. Volquez
4. Cueto
5. Wood/Chapman/Bailey

Think it would work?

_Sir_Charles_
07-04-2010, 11:07 AM
No.

His middling stuff wouldn't play well out of the pen IMO. Plus, one of Aaron's biggest assets is his durability and stamina. The innings he eats. In the pen, you lose that.

mth123
07-04-2010, 11:08 AM
This isn't like Carlos Zambrano in Chicago but would moving Harang to the bullpen bolster the pen while creating a spot for Wood, Chapman or Bailey in the rotation? Move Harang to the pen and the rotation would look like this:

1. Arroyo
2. Leake
3. Volquez
4. Cueto
5. Wood/Chapman/Bailey

Think it would work?

I'd rather deal him and use the savings to finance a true TOR arm that they could get in a deal for some prospects.

fearofpopvol1
07-04-2010, 01:48 PM
No. He's pitched better recently and I think his ERA will be heading down again before it goes back up. I'd have no problem dealing him if it makes room for an ace, but I do not think Homer Bailey will put up better numbers than Harang will this year and Wood is risky too. Chapman will pitch out of the pen.

Degenerate39
07-04-2010, 01:49 PM
Could you go with a 6 man rotation?

1. Arroyo
2. Cueto
3. Leake
4. Volquez
5. Harang
6. Wood/Bailey?

bucksfan2
07-04-2010, 11:46 PM
I'd rather deal him and use the savings to finance a true TOR arm that they could get in a deal for some prospects.

The Reds won't see any salary relief in trading Harang. He just isn't that good to command that kind of deal.

I don't think Harang is as bad as he was to start the season, but he is hardly one guy that I would pick in a must win situation. I think a TOR starter is a need if the Reds plan on contending late in the year. I hope Harang is the guy to either go to the pen or the one that is traded.

TheNext44
07-04-2010, 11:54 PM
The Reds won't see any salary relief in trading Harang. He just isn't that good to command that kind of deal.

I don't think Harang is as bad as he was to start the season, but he is hardly one guy that I would pick in a must win situation. I think a TOR starter is a need if the Reds plan on contending late in the year. I hope Harang is the guy to either go to the pen or the one that is traded.

I've been one of Harang's biggest critics, but I think that if the Reds make him available, pretty much every team in contention would take him and his salary. It's only for a few months, and most teams don;t have a problem taking on salary in a pennant race, if they think the player will help them. And adding a pitcher who can go 6+ innings and give up 3-5 runs a game nearly every time out would help most teams.

Now I doubt anyone would give up anything good to get him, but they would be glad to take him, his innins and his salary.