PDA

View Full Version : Who makes the All Star team from each team.

GIDP
07-04-2010, 10:19 AM
There are 34 spots on the NL team this year. Take your guess on who from which team makes it.
NL Central
Reds: Votto, Only guy I think makes it. Phillips should make it but I dont see the Reds players getting any respect this year.

Cubs: Carlos Silva. 1 guy for these guys. Bryd might also.

Cardinals: Wainwright, Pujols, and Molina make it.

Brewers: Weeks and Braun. Braun doesnt deserve it but he will probably be voted in.

Astros: I really have no guesses here. Lindstrom or Oswalt are the only 2 some what deserving.

Pirates: Andrew Mccutchen. Easily deserves it.

thats 9 of 34 Roster spots taken so far. 3 pitchers 6 position players.

NL West
Giants: Cain should make it. As should Brian Wilson.

Padres: Heath Bell, Adrian Gonzales.

Dodgers: Ethier, Furcal and Kershaw maybes. Hard to pick here honestly.

Rockies: Jimenez, Olivo.

Dbacks: Another hard one to pick. Reynolds is probably the pick.

that 19 of 34 spots taken. 8 pitchers 11 position players.

NL East
Marlins: Hanley, Josh Johnson

Mets: Wright, Mike Pelfrey.

Braves: Prado, Brian Mccann. Tim Hudson.

Nationals: No one deserves to make it. Matt Capps probably does. Id be surprised if they get more than 1 seeing that team is so awful.

Phillies: Here is the team that gets too many. Howard probably goes, Rollins probably goes, Hallday probably goes, Victorino probably goes.

31 of 34 spots taken 13 pitchers, 18 position players so far. Those are the ones I think go. That leaves 3 spots for Phillips and Rolen to make the team how I see it. I started off this trying to label all the guys that should make it but ended up just making a list of guys that probably do. hopefully the Reds get credit and those 2 guys make it.

improbus
07-04-2010, 10:24 AM
According to www.fangraphs.com, they have Votto starting at 1B. I love it.

TheBigLebowski
07-04-2010, 10:34 AM
Reds: Votto, Rhodes and Rolen.
Cards: Pooholes, Carpenter and Holliday.
Brews: Braun, Gallardo and Fielder.
Buccos: McCutchen
Astros: Oswalt
Cubs: Silva, Soriano

Braves: Hanson, Hudson, Wagner, Glaus.
Phils: Victorino, Howard, Halladay, Utley.
Mets: Wright and possibly Santana.
Marlins: Ramirez, Johnson and possibly Cantu due to the hot start.
Nats: Dunn and Strausburg, outside shot for Zimmerman.

D'Bags: Reynolds and possibly Young, who is having a fine season.
Rockies: Ubaldo Jimenez may make it.
Dodgers: Kemp, Broxton and Ethier.
Giants: Cain and Lincecum
Fathers: Gonzalez, Bell and Latos.

GIDP
07-04-2010, 10:35 AM
I meant to list Zimmerman when I made my list. I dont know what I was thinking.

webbbj
07-04-2010, 10:46 AM
cant really answer since i dont know enough about other teams players but i think phillips, votto, and rolen need to go and rhodes should go but im not sure he does since theres so many good pitchers and im not sure how well setup men have faired in all star appearances.

also i really wish they would do away with the every team represented thing. i actually saw an allstar prediction where michael bourn was on the roster.

BigJohn
07-04-2010, 11:55 AM
I heard 35 players now, is that true?

Donder
07-04-2010, 12:03 PM
As the show is starting, I want to get my guess in for the Reds real quick:

Votto
Rolen
Rhodes

I could see Cueto and Phillips, but I'm going with those three. I don't think they'll have more than three, but I hope to be surprised.

redlegs7089
07-04-2010, 12:09 PM
utley is injured so you would think phillips will make it and possibly start

redlegs7089
07-04-2010, 12:09 PM
same thing with polanco which means rolen might start also

Vottomatic
07-04-2010, 12:18 PM
Here's my guess. Haven't seen who's made it yet.

Voted in, in bold.

Reds: Votto, Phillips, Rhodes and Rolen.
Cards: Pujols - 1B, Molina - C, Wainwright.
Brews: Braun - OF, Hart.
Pirates: McCutcheon
Astros: Oswalt
Cubs: Silva

Braves: Heyward - OF, Hudson, Prado.
Phils: Polanco - 3B, Utley - 2B, Werth - OF, Howard, Halladay.
Mets: Wright, Reyes, Barajas.
Marlins: Ramirez - SS, Josh Johnson
Nats: Zimmerman.

D'Bags: Chris Young.
Rockies: Tulowitzki, Oliva, Jimenez.
Dodgers: Ethier - OF, Kershaw.
Giants: Wilson
Padres: Gonzalez, Bell, Latos

By Position:
1B: Pujols, Ryan Howard, Adrien Gonzalez
2B: Utley (injured), Prado, Phillips
SS: Ramirez, Tulowitzki, Reyes
3B: Polanco, Rolen, Wright, Zimmerman
C: Molina, Oliva, Barajas
OF: Braun, Heyward, Ethier, Werth, McCutcheon, Hart
DH: Votto (Cin), Young (Ari)
SP: Oswalt (Hou), Silva (Chi), , Halladay (Phi), , Jimenez (Col), Johnson (Fla), Latos (SD), , Hudson (Atl), Wainwright
RP: Bell, Wilson, Rhodes

A bunch of deserving starting pitchers don't make it because of the "player from every team" rule. Oswalt, Silva take up 2 spots. Good pitchers nonetheless, but Cain, Sanchez, and Lincecum from SanFran get left off. Pelfrey from the Mets, Kershaw from the Dodgers, Garcia from the Cardinals, Clayton from SD, and Gallardo from the Brewers also get left off because of a numbers game.

NeilHamburger
07-04-2010, 12:22 PM
Just announced, Rhodes made the all star team. Congrats.

BigJohn
07-04-2010, 12:24 PM
BP,Scott!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Both just announced!!!!!

flyersbaseball
07-04-2010, 12:26 PM
No Votto? WTF

davereds24
07-04-2010, 12:27 PM
Ryan Howard over Votto. Charlie should be ashamed.

GIDP
Joey Votto not making it is probably the biggest joke in recent history. Charlie Manuel is a toolbox.

mrherd05
WOW....Did I really just see now Joey Votto, but Ryan Howard made it with worse numbers

RiverRat13
07-04-2010, 12:28 PM
Will they still have the fans vote in the last member?

TheBigLebowski
07-04-2010, 12:28 PM
I actually want the NL to lose now. No Joey Votto? Inexcusable.

Charlie Manuel is a complete jackass.

mrherd05
07-04-2010, 12:29 PM
We better beat the PISS out of that ******* this weekend.

GIDP
07-04-2010, 12:30 PM
Win MVP, dont go to all star game.

FlyerFanatic
07-04-2010, 12:32 PM
time to boycott the AS game

GIDP
07-04-2010, 12:33 PM
Ryan Howard has .130 points less than Votto does in OPS.

jimbo
07-04-2010, 12:36 PM
I'm so happy for Phillips, Rolen, and Rhodes.....but what an absolute utter joke that Votto doesn't make it. You can make a case that he's the first half NL MVP for heaven's sake.

I hope Votto makes Manuel pay for the snub next week in Philadelphia.

Vottomatic
07-04-2010, 12:36 PM
Joey Votto not making it is probably the biggest joke in recent history. Charlie Manuel is a toolbox.

I'm still in shock.

Votto is the next best player in all of the NL. He's nearly there now.

Ridiculous.

MBZags
07-04-2010, 12:38 PM
So Omar Infante with a .721 OPS on a team that already has other All-Stars gets picked over Votto? Is he dating Manual's daughter? This is absolutely ridiculous and even moreso that the TBS guys made no mention of the Votto snub yet.

GIDP
07-04-2010, 12:39 PM
I wonder if the Leagues Leading OPS has ever not made an all star team.

The Voice of IH
07-04-2010, 12:39 PM
boy I am steaming right now...how can they do this? well at least we can take comfort that Manual will never coach the All star game again.

Krawhitham
07-04-2010, 12:40 PM
I take it Phillips will start the game since Utley is out for 2 months, maybe Votto will take Utley's roster spot.

texasdave
07-04-2010, 12:42 PM
Is there a list somewhere online?

davereds24
07-04-2010, 12:43 PM
I take it Phillips will start the game since Utley is out for 2 months, maybe Votto will take Utley's roster spot.

That spot is already filled

GIDP
07-04-2010, 12:43 PM

Prado is starting 2nd baseman.

Natty Redlocks
07-04-2010, 12:46 PM
Wow, are we seriously this shocked? Of course he was gonna take his own guy. Besides, the ASG is kinda stupid; I'm a little irritated Rhodes and Rolen made it, those old fogeys need their rest.

Also, fewer All Star appearances can't hurt when they try to sign Votto long-term.

Happy for Phillips, though.

GIDP
07-04-2010, 12:49 PM
Yea Im extremely happy for Phillips. He is probably the best 2nd baseman in the league.

Kingspoint
07-04-2010, 03:12 PM
time to boycott the AS game

I do every year. And, Votto not making it is the main reason why. I hate popularity contests.

Kingspoint
07-04-2010, 03:14 PM
Yea Im extremely happy for Phillips. He is probably the best 2nd baseman in the league.

As Rolen is the best 3rd Baseman, and Votto is the best 3rd Baseman....this year is all I'm talking about.

GIDP
07-04-2010, 03:23 PM
As Rolen is the best 3rd Baseman, and Votto is the best 3rd Baseman....this year is all I'm talking about.

Total package I think Phillips is. I could debate Votto and Rolen being theirs.

Reds42MLB
07-04-2010, 03:24 PM
Let the Votto snub go fellas. If anything it will be fuel to his fire for the 2nd half. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Vottomatic
07-04-2010, 03:32 PM
Let the Votto snub go fellas. If anything it will be fuel to his fire for the 2nd half. Nothing wrong with that at all.

It fueled him to an ejection in the first inning today. :D

Kingspoint
07-04-2010, 04:00 PM
It fueled him to an ejection in the first inning today. :D

It surely did.

FlyerFanatic
07-04-2010, 05:13 PM
Charlie Manuel, on why he picked Ryan Howard over Joey Votto for the NL All-Star team: "He’s my guy. He’s my player. My guy."

Kingspoint
07-04-2010, 05:35 PM
Charlie Manuel, on why he picked Ryan Howard over Joey Votto for the NL All-Star team: "He’s my guy. He’s my player. My guy."

Dumbest reason I've ever heard. Which is why he has no business picking any All-Star players.

The All-Star game is a joke (all of them are in every sport, as I don't watch any of them).

Baseball used to have a great All-Star game.

Kingspoint
07-04-2010, 05:36 PM
So, if we win the National League this season, does that mean Dusty (assuming he gets another contract if they go to the World Series) gets to pick Votto, Rolen, Phillips, Stubbs, Bruce, Leake, Arroyo, Cueto, Volquez, Cordero, etc.? (Or, does he pick former Cubs?)

GIDP
07-04-2010, 05:38 PM

Explain the Omar Infante pick then rofl.

Vottomatic
07-04-2010, 05:44 PM
Wouldn't it be more PC to let everyone make the All-Star game? I hate to see anyone get their feelings hurt. :D

Vottomatic
07-04-2010, 06:25 PM
Here's my guess. Haven't seen who's made it yet.

Voted in, in bold.

Reds: Votto, Phillips, Rhodes and Rolen. No Votto? :thumbdown
Cards: Pujols - 1B, Molina - C, Wainwright. Got them right.
Brews: Braun - OF, Hart. I considered Gallardo, but he didn't make my cut.
Pirates: McCutcheon. Evan Meek over McCutcheon? Ridiculous.
Astros: Oswalt. Michael Bourn?
Cubs: Silva. I'm fine with Marlon Byrd.

Braves: Heyward - OF, Hudson, Prado. I'm fine with McCann. I considered him. But Infante is a joke.
Phils: Polanco - 3B, Utley - 2B, Werth - OF, Howard, Halladay. No Werth? Howard over Votto? Manuel sucks.
Mets: Wright, Reyes, Barajas. McCann over Barajas is fine.
Marlins: Ramirez - SS, Josh Johnson. Got it right! :thumbup:
Nats: Zimmerman. Matt Capps over Zimmerman? Another snub.

D'Bags: Chris Young. Got it right! :thumbup:
Rockies: Tulowitzki, Oliva, Jimenez. Oliva didn't make it. No big deal.
Dodgers: Ethier - OF, Kershaw. Broxton over Kershaw? No way.
Giants: Wilson. Lincecum is good, but their other two starters have better numbers than him.
Padres: Gonzalez, Bell, Latos. No Bell or Latos? What a joke.

A bunch of deserving starting pitchers don't make it because of the "player from every team" rule. Oswalt, Silva take up 2 spots. Good pitchers nonetheless, but Cain, Sanchez, and Lincecum from SanFran get left off. Pelfrey from the Mets, Kershaw from the Dodgers, Garcia from the Cardinals, Clayton from SD, and Gallardo from the Brewers also get left off because of a numbers game.

scott91575
07-04-2010, 09:28 PM
Wouldn't it be more PC to let everyone make the All-Star game? I hate to see anyone get their feelings hurt. :D

There is PC, and then there is stupidity. 4 first basemen is fine. One or 2 can be the DH, especially when you leave off a guy who leads the league in OPS. Then of course there is Omar Infante. That is just stupid. Just think about this....he is an All Star, and currently in Fantasy Baseball on ESPN he is owned by 1.1% of owners. I know Fantasy is not a true indicator, but when a guy can only get on 1.1% of teams you know he sucks.

scott91575
07-04-2010, 09:33 PM
Wow, are we seriously this shocked? Of course he was gonna take his own guy. Besides, the ASG is kinda stupid; I'm a little irritated Rhodes and Rolen made it, those old fogeys need their rest.

Also, fewer All Star appearances can't hurt when they try to sign Votto long-term.

Happy for Phillips, though.

I am happy for Rhodes. He seemed really excited about it. Well, as excited as he gets. Just the fact he talked to the media and it sounded like he was excited about it means he is downright ecstatic about it.

I kind of agree with Rolen. He has been an All Star 5 times before.

webbbj
07-04-2010, 11:34 PM
for me personally this weekend series against the phils is gonna be my most anticipated series of the year. ive never wanted the reds to sweep a team more than ever this year and i just hope votto goes off them phils.