PDA

View Full Version : The unofficial let's sweep the Phillies thread

nkukevin
07-04-2010, 01:48 PM
I am in shock. I can't believe no Votto in the ASG. I want the Reds to sweep the Phillies almost as much as I want the Reds to make the playoffs. I'm being emotional. Of course. I don't care. I'll be treating the upcoming series like the playoffs.

This thread is for other fans to discuss the joy of imagining a sweep of the Phillies.

Kingspoint
07-06-2010, 06:14 AM
I'm not promoting the idea of sweeping the Phillies, but I do think it's in our best interests to try to deflate the Phillies so that they don't make the playoffs.

The Phillies are one team where they have one guy, possibly two, who could dominate a playoff series. I really like the REDS chances of reaching the World Series if they don't have to go through the Phillies. They can beat most any other team (except Carpenter, Wainwright, Garcia and the Cardinals could also give us Major problems, as well as Cain, Sanchez, Lincecum and the Giants).

So, taking 3 of 4 when we play them before the All-Star game could put them in panic mode, and really make them doubt themselves. Better to face Atlanta or the Mets than the Phillies. At minimum, we need to split the series 2-2 so that they can't gain ground on anyone over those 4 days.

The Phillies are hurting right now and we need to beat them down harder while they're down. Don't let them get up off the ground.

GIDP
07-06-2010, 09:03 AM
I think we should be nice and let them win all 3. They probably need it.

Knightro28
07-06-2010, 11:14 AM
I think we should be nice and let them win all 3. They probably need it.

4 game series :p:

The Voice of IH
07-08-2010, 03:53 PM
TO THE TOP!!!!!

LETS DO THIS THING! :cool:

huber14
07-09-2010, 02:05 AM
well...we can at least get 3 out of 4

arkimadee
07-09-2010, 02:20 AM
i feel we will take 1 of 4.. maybe 2.. halladay will not suck two starts in a row.. hopefully im wrong

bshall2105
07-09-2010, 03:10 AM
We have got to beat Blanton with Leake pitching if we want any chance to split the series. If we only take one in Philly I still view the road trip as a success. This is one of the toughest places to play in baseball.

Kingspoint
10-12-2010, 05:53 PM
I'm not promoting the idea of sweeping the Phillies, but I do think it's in our best interests to try to deflate the Phillies so that they don't make the playoffs.

The Phillies are one team where they have one guy, possibly two, who could dominate a playoff series. I really like the REDS chances of reaching the World Series if they don't have to go through the Phillies. They can beat most any other team (except Carpenter, Wainwright, Garcia and the Cardinals could also give us Major problems, as well as Cain, Sanchez, Lincecum and the Giants).

So, taking 3 of 4 when we play them before the All-Star game could put them in panic mode, and really make them doubt themselves. Better to face Atlanta or the Mets than the Phillies. At minimum, we need to split the series 2-2 so that they can't gain ground on anyone over those 4 days.

The Phillies are hurting right now and we need to beat them down harder while they're down. Don't let them get up off the ground.

Too bad this didn't happen.

TheBigLebowski
10-12-2010, 06:10 PM
If only we'd taken the time to make the "Official" let's sweep the Phillies thread. Doggone it...