PDA

View Full Version : Heisey for Marmol?

Vottomatic
07-04-2010, 01:12 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/415138-mlb-trade-rumors-carlos-marmol-to-cincinnati-reds-for-chris-heisey

MLB Trade Rumors: Carlos Marmol To Cincinnati Reds for Chris Heisey
by Illya Harrell
Written on July 03, 2010

By Sunday evening, the Chicago Cubs will have a new outfielder, Chris Heisey, and the Cincinnati Reds will have a new relief pitcher, Carlos Marmol.

You heard it here first.

Sources are saying that, "Walt Jocketty and Jim Hendry are in serious discussions over a trade involving Chris Heisey and Carlos Marmol."

They also went either Boxberger or Donnie Joseph.

I'm not crazy about this trade idea.

Reds
07-04-2010, 01:15 PM
"It is all but a done deal," another source close to the Reds' organization told me.

Garbage. I smell garbage. I like the deal, but don't expect it.

Vottomatic
07-04-2010, 01:23 PM
Marlins are willing to part with Cantu. I was thinking we could probably get him for very little and use him as a backup at 3B for Rolen, at 2B for Phillips and 1B for Votto on days off. He's a better offensive substitute than Cairo. Cairo has hit well, but doesn't have much power like Cantu does. Cantu is only 28 years old and making $6M. He's a FA after this season, so we could let him walk.

HalMorrisRules
07-04-2010, 01:28 PM
Had already put this in the Lee trade thread. You should read about the idiot who reported this. Please dont take anything from Bleacher Report seriously.

This is why Bleacher Report is the stupidest website on the net.

Marmol to the Reds (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/415138-mlb-trade-rumors-carlos-marmol-to-cincinnati-reds-for-chris-heisey)

This has 0% chance of happening

Vottomatic
07-04-2010, 01:31 PM
Had already put this in the Lee trade thread. You should read about the idiot who reported this. Please dont take anything from Bleacher Report seriously.

I just posted the information as it's own thread.

Not saying I believe it. And I hope it doesn't happen.

ILoveWilly
07-04-2010, 01:48 PM
Ugh, why do we need ANOTHER wild closer who gets himself into major trouble?

GIDP
07-04-2010, 01:48 PM
No way in hell a trade that stupid happens.

Kingspoint
07-04-2010, 02:59 PM
That's the dumbest rumor I've ever heard of.

Redeye fly
07-05-2010, 05:13 AM
As I said, I'm potentially fine with who we have in the bullpen. Yeah if there's a good deal out there to be had to put us over the top, I say do it. But getting Bray back is almost like going out and making a trade to help your bullpen, only you didn't have to give up anyone to do it. Ondrusek and Jordan Smith, well you always wonder and you're always leery with younger guys to an extent, but those guys have some nasty stuff. Masset still worries me, and Cordero worries me to an extent. But the arms are there already, that's for sure.

mattfeet
07-05-2010, 02:26 PM
Sunday evening, eh? Glad this was another misinformed pseudo-blogger.

-Matt

markymark69
07-06-2010, 03:04 PM
Wasn't this the same website that had Chad Johnson Ochocinco being traded to the Raiders for Michael Bush and a draft pick a couple years back? Definitely have to take it with a grain of salt.

That being stated, if this turns out to be true - I think the Reds would have to make this deal. Would you rather Marmol or Masset in the 7th or 8th inning? I know that Marmol is wilder than a March hair sometimes and no offense to Masset, but that's a no-brainer for me.