PDA

View Full Version : Drew Stubss with 3 homeruns today.

Kingspoint
07-04-2010, 04:53 PM
:beerme:

bshall2105
07-04-2010, 04:54 PM
He will strike out 3 times tomorrow.

arkimadee
07-04-2010, 04:57 PM
good day off yesterday by Dusty. Just what the doctor ordered for Stubbs. He knows how to get the players clicking!

Kingspoint
07-04-2010, 04:59 PM
From reds44 at TORG:

.240/.275/.285/.559
.205/.238/.344/.582

Willy Tavers and Corey Patterson, the whipping boys of redszone (and rightfully so) the last two season. Dusty and Jocketty would brutally ripped for having them on the team, and batting them leadoff.

I understand here at redzone we all love our prospects, but the fact that it's nearly silent how bad Drew Stubbs has been is surprising.

.176/.287/.257/.544

Drew Stubbs has actually managed to be worse than both of them, offensively. It really should come as a surprise to nobody that he's been bad, because he wasn't any good in the minors.

Stubbs needs to be sent to AAA, and try to figure something out to cutdown on his strikeouts with his swing. He doesn't hit for any power, so there's no reason for him to strikeout as much as he does.

I have no idea if Heisey is better, and he may not be, but something has to be changed at this point.

Faith, young Jedi, faith.

Natty Redlocks
07-04-2010, 05:02 PM
Actually, Stubbs reminds me a lot of Corey Patterson circa '04. Just sayin'.

Kingspoint
07-04-2010, 05:05 PM
Actually, Stubbs reminds me a lot of Corey Patterson circa '04. Just sayin'.

That's pretty good. I don't think he'll end up with the "dropoff" though, as he's a much more patient hitter.

Vottomatic
07-04-2010, 05:07 PM
Congrats to Drew Stubbs. But I'm still not sold on him yet.

One good game doesn't make up for his recent bad defense and consistent striking out.

Vottomatic
07-04-2010, 05:10 PM
Personally, I thought Paul Janish was the story of the day.

Kingspoint
07-04-2010, 05:10 PM
Congrats to Drew Stubbs. But I'm still not sold on him yet.

One good game doesn't make up for his recent bad defense and consistent striking out.

The REDS play him all the time because he's going to be a good player. He's got to get his at-bats in order to go through the myriad of adjustments he'll need to make....just like Bruce.

Vottomatic
07-04-2010, 05:12 PM
The REDS play him all the time because he's going to be a good player. He's got to get his at-bats in order to go through the myriad of adjustments he'll need to make....just like Bruce.

Are you Mr. Crystal Ball? How do you know he's going to be a good player?

How do you NOT KNOW that Heisey isn't going to be better?

The answer is: YOU DON'T. :rolleyes:

The Voice of IH
07-04-2010, 05:15 PM
Stubbs was well rested, got some fat pitches over the plate, on a day that the wind was blowing out....

He knocked them out:thumbup: perfect formula if you ask me.

Natty Redlocks
07-04-2010, 05:24 PM
That's pretty good. I don't think he'll end up with the "dropoff" though, as he's a much more patient hitter.

Good point. Here's hoping you're correct, as I think Dusty loves him just as much as he loved Corey.

Kiss the Baby00
07-04-2010, 06:27 PM
this 3 HR day doesnt change my opinion on him. i still would like to see a consistent stretch of Heisey/ trade for DeJesus. Nothing stubbs has done in the minor leagues suggests his average is going to miraculously hit .275+

Krawhitham
07-04-2010, 07:14 PM
3 homers does not mean he is a good hitter, it means he got lucky for ONE day

Vottomatic
07-04-2010, 11:07 PM
On a day that 9 homers were hit and Janish and Corky Miller each jacked one, I'm not so sure how impressive hitting 3 homers is.

The Voice of IH
07-04-2010, 11:09 PM
On a day that 9 homers were hit and Janish and Corky Miller each jacked one, I'm not so sure how impressive hitting 3 homers is.

Really? come on man! 3 home runs is very impressive. It is The hat trick of homers!! :rolleyes:

OldRed1966
07-05-2010, 01:16 AM
What are some of you guys smoking? Stubbs is on pace to hit over 20 HRs, and drive in close to 80 RBI's, and steal 30 bases. What more do you want from a guy in his first full season in the majors? Taveras and Patterson didn't come anywhere close to that kind of production.

Kingspoint
07-05-2010, 03:19 AM
Are you Mr. Crystal Ball? How do you know he's going to be a good player?

How do you NOT KNOW that Heisey isn't going to be better?

The answer is: YOU DON'T. :rolleyes:

You don't have to be a swami to predict "correctly" when someone will be a good player. I like both Heisey and Stubbs equally and think Heisey should play Center next year with Stubbs in Left. But, I'm just repeating what I said 6 months ago.

I'm right 80% of the time when predicting such a simple thing as a player is going to be a good starter in the league after seeing him in the minors first. I don't think being right about that 80% of the time is that hard to do (after 40 years of experience watching minor league players turn into major league players).

Kingspoint
07-05-2010, 03:23 AM

The Cubs couldn't do it.

texasdave
07-05-2010, 09:31 AM
None of those were cheap windblown home runs. Two left the stadium completely. Color me impressed.

Trace's Daddy
07-05-2010, 10:13 AM
The guy is only going to get better at the plate. Combine that with his CF range and SB potential, why would anyone want to give up on him?

GIDP
07-05-2010, 10:14 AM
Really? come on man! 3 home runs is very impressive. It is The hat trick of homers!! :rolleyes:

Its only happened 30 times in Reds history.

RedsFanInBama
07-05-2010, 03:04 PM
None of those were cheap windblown home runs. Two left the stadium completely. Color me impressed.

I think the one to right center was absolutely wind-blown. I'm still happy as can be for Stubbs and hitting three homers in a game is quite an accomplishment.

lidspinner
07-05-2010, 03:30 PM
You don't have to be a swami to predict "correctly" when someone will be a good player. I like both Heisey and Stubbs equally and think Heisey should play Center next year with Stubbs in Left. But, I'm just repeating what I said 6 months ago.

I'm right 80% of the time when predicting such a simple thing as a player is going to be a good starter in the league after seeing him in the minors first. I don't think being right about that 80% of the time is that hard to do (after 40 years of experience watching minor league players turn into major league players).

are we putting Yonder in the 20%???? I kid,I kid.....Question...why do you see Heisey in CF and Stubbs in LF? i see them the opposite of that...Drew Stubbs appears to be a natural in CF....he has a little trouble at the wall but most rookies do.....he has the best speed of any defender I have seen wear a Reds uni since Neon Deion....Chris Heisey on the other hand appears to have the mold to add a few pounds and become a block in LF....whats you take on the defense side of it?

Kingspoint
07-05-2010, 04:04 PM
I like how Heisey handles Center better than how Stubbs handles Center. It's a small difference. I'm fine either way.

Orodle
07-06-2010, 01:23 AM

Ya I mean I'm not impressed with 3 homeruns in a major league baseball game either

.....lol