PDA

View Full Version : Around the Horn on Votto

ILoveWilly
07-05-2010, 06:17 PM
Three guys just said Votto got screwed royally, but thought he would definitely get voted in. Woody had to be the Rockies homer and bring up his own guy, only one who didn't say Votto. I'm guessing PTI will say similar things. I've gotten a good 20 plus votes in so far today, will do more when the game starts later.

muddie
07-05-2010, 06:26 PM
The AS game is a joke, seriously.

Jerome
07-05-2010, 06:41 PM
http://joeposnanski.si.com/2010/07/05/all-star-game-talk-from-south-africa/?hpt=C2

Joe Poz, one of the best living sportswriters, has a story featured on the CNN frontpage, where he lists his All-Star snubs. It is essentially a story on how the All-Star Game doesn't know what it wants, and why Joey Votto is the posterchild for everything that is wrong with the ASG. Good read. Good props to Votto.

Magdal
07-05-2010, 06:47 PM
The AS game is a joke, seriously.My sentiments exactly. It's just a popularity contest decided by some informed fans, but mostly ballot stuffing homers. The fact that Votto was ignored shows just how un-informed thay are.

And for what? A badly managed game dominated by pitching.

Reds
07-05-2010, 06:53 PM

You could say that about any all-star game. NBA is bad, and isn't what it used to be. NFL, heck they had to move that thing so someone would watch. NHL, it's not too bad, but it's all offense, no defense.

I see nothing that's wrong with MLBs allstar game than is any worse than the others, just that they involve the fans to hype it all up more.

The Voice of IH
07-05-2010, 06:53 PM
Three guys just said Votto got screwed royally, but thought he would definitely get voted in. Woody had to be the Rockies homer and bring up his own guy, only one who didn't say Votto. I'm guessing PTI will say similar things. I've gotten a good 20 plus votes in so far today, will do more when the game starts later.

I think Woody is funny, but he is always the first to jump on a Cincinnati team. I don't know why but he ALWAYS picks against the Bengals, and bashes anything with 'Cincinnati' in front of the name. something I have picked up in the last 5 years of watching him..(both on 1st and 10) and around the horn

AintlifeGrande
07-05-2010, 07:51 PM
We all know Joey deserves it,he knows it too.Wouldn't it be great had he said ''all star,schmall star,I wanna win a championship''.

Seņor Rojo
07-05-2010, 09:13 PM
Personally, I think its a good thing that Joey hasn't been getting that much recognition. A little chip on the shoulder never hurt anyone. This is a perfect example of why arbitration is in place. There is a lot of subjectivity in baseball.

OSUredsFAN
07-05-2010, 11:39 PM

but, This one Counts!!!!!