PDA

View Full Version : what about something like this?

abish1572
07-06-2010, 10:00 PM
Carlos Zambrano and jeff Jeff Samardzija

for

chris heisy, matt maloney micah owings?

or

chris heisy, matt maloney micah owings?

for dan haren or roy oswalt?

texasdave
07-06-2010, 10:08 PM
nm

Orodle
07-06-2010, 10:25 PM
why would you want Zambrano at this point? and no way that gets you Haren or Oswalt

redlegs7089
07-06-2010, 10:54 PM
is this a joke or are u being serious...zombrano is trash now, now way id give up heisey for those two let alone adding owings and maloney,and yea the second option no way in hell they would do that. Im glad ur not the gm those are some terrible and unrealistic scenarios

bshall2105
07-06-2010, 10:57 PM
Jeff Samardzija??? Why would we want a guy that's a better wide reciever than relief pitcher? Carlos Zambrano??? Why would we want a guy that's a better clubhouse destroyer than a starting pitcher?

abish1572
07-06-2010, 11:46 PM
No! I was being sarcastic... Dan haren has given up alot of homeruns... can you imagine him being in cincy?

I was just being sarcastic with the moves the reds been doing lately... Sam leCure got beat up pretty bad, Matt Maloney giving up a home run to santana... i mean come on...

Orlando Cabera being in the 2 hole?

I love the reds been a fan since 2004, but wit the way they doing things, 1st place won't last long after the break... I mean come on we got a 30 million dollar pitcher who hasnt even seen a first day in the big leagues... I know hes "learning" but why not get a pitcher who's already ready? smh the reds needs to tweak the rotation and get a true top of the order... Voto seems like the only guy up there

bshall2105
07-06-2010, 11:56 PM
No! I was being sarcastic... Dan haren has given up alot of homeruns... can you imagine him being in cincy?

I was just being sarcastic with the moves the reds been doing lately... Sam leCure got beat up pretty bad, Matt Maloney giving up a home run to santana... i mean come on...

I love the reds been a fan since 2004, but wit the way they doing things, 1st place won't last long after the break... I mean come on we got a 30 million dollar pitcher who hasnt even seen a first day in the big leagues... I know hes "learning" but why not get a pitcher who's already ready? smh the reds needs to tweak the rotation and get a true top of the order... Voto seems like the only guy up there

I hope that's another sarcastic post.

Vottomatic
07-07-2010, 12:00 AM

Agree we need an ace. But we lost 3-0 to the Mets ace tonight, which isn't the end of the world. Coulda lost 2-0 or 1-0, didn't matter. We just couldn't hit him.

This first place Reds team didn't happen overnight. It happened with shrewd moves, good drafts, good minor league development, and patience.

Draft and minor league development:
1B Votto
SS (backup) Janish
C Hanigan
OF Bruce
OF Stubbs
OF Heisey
OF Dickerson
SP Leake
SP Wood
SP Bailey
SP Cueto
RP Ondrusek
RP Jordan Smith

Shrewd moves:
2B Phillips for Jeff Stevens (who got lit up the other night pitching for the Cubs)
3B Rolen for EE and Zach Stewart
C Hernandez for the now retired Ryan Freel
SS Cabrera - cheap FA signing
SP Arroyo for Willy Mo Pena
RP Masset for the aging and now finished Ken Griffey Jr.
RP Owings for the soon to be FA Adam Dunn
RP Arthur Rhodes - very reasonable FA signing
OF Gomes - very reasonable FA signing
SP/RP - Chapman signing

Questionable moves:
Cordero signed through '11 at $12M+ per season - mainly the money
Harang signed through '10 at $12M+ per season - mainly the money
Volquez for Josh Hamilton - a wash at best, but Rangers probably got better end of the deal
Bill Bray and Gary Majewski (gone) for Kearns and Lopez

This team is young and built to compete over many years, and not just one. I'm thankful for that. We have more coming along in the minor leagues, but also the potential to make a good trade and bolster the current club.

Patience grasshopper.

abish1572
07-07-2010, 12:05 AM
Agree we need an ace. But we lost 3-0 to the Mets ace tonight, which isn't the end of the world. Coulda lost 2-0 or 1-0, didn't matter. We just couldn't hit him.

This first place Reds team didn't happen overnight. It happened with shrewd moves, good drafts, good minor league development, and patience.

Draft and minor league development:
1B Votto
SS (backup) Janish
C Hanigan
OF Bruce
OF Stubbs
OF Heisey
OF Dickerson
SP Leake
SP Wood
SP Bailey
SP Cueto
RP Ondrusek
RP Jordan Smith

Shrewd moves:
2B Phillips for Jeff Stevens (who got lit up the other night pitching for the Cubs)
3B Rolen for EE and Zach Stewart
C Hernandez for the now retired Ryan Freel
SS Cabrera - cheap FA signing
SP Arroyo for Willy Mo Pena
RP Masset for the aging and now finished Ken Griffey Jr.
RP Owings for the soon to be FA Adam Dunn
RP Arthur Rhodes - very reasonable FA signing
OF Gomes - very reasonable FA signing
SP/RP - Chapman signing

Questionable moves:
Cordero signed through '11 at $12M+ per season - mainly the money
Harang signed through '10 at $12M+ per season - mainly the money
Volquez for Josh Hamilton - a wash at best, but Rangers probably got better end of the deal

This team is young and built to compete over many years, and not just one. I'm thankful for that. We have more coming along in the minor leagues, but also the potential to make a good trade and bolster the current club.

Patience grasshopper.

I agree with you 100%, but why trade some of our best prospect's for crap like players? Remember adam dunn, ryan wagner, austin kearns? the only good player we got out of that was bill bray... i mean come on... The reds have made some pretty bad moves over the couple of years... Now we have a chance with cliff lee... we better not screw this one up...

Vottomatic
07-07-2010, 12:09 AM
For my money, the Mariners can have any package of minor leaguers except for Wood and Chapman. I'd like to keep Mesoraco also, but wouldn't completely be opposed to him being part of that trade. I'd hate to see the following, though: Mesoraco, Wood, Heisey. I hate that trade.

I'd prefer: Alonso, Francisco, Mesoraco and we keep Wood and Heisey.

Not worth giving up all the best prospects for a rental. I hope if the deal goes down we get the chance to negotiate a long term contract with Lee beforehand and I hope we can get it done. Otherwise, I'm iffy about acquiring a rental and blowing our minor leagues up.

abish1572
07-07-2010, 12:20 AM
For my money, the Mariners can have any package of minor leaguers except for Wood and Chapman. I'd like to keep Mesoraco also, but wouldn't completely be opposed to him being part of that trade. I'd hate to see the following, though: Mesoraco, Wood, Heisey. I hate that trade.

I'd prefer: Alonso, Francisco, Mesoraco and we keep Wood and Heisey.

Not worth giving up all the best prospects for a rental. I hope if the deal goes down we get the chance to negotiate a long term contract with Lee beforehand and I hope we can get it done. Otherwise, I'm iffy about acquiring a rental and blowing our minor leagues up.

I agree, and im pretty sure the reds will do whatever they can to get cliff lee to remain wit the reds... Not everyday you can get a pitcher like lee for only 10-12 million a year... hes only makin 8 right now...

and when people says fransico i thought they mean cordero... hes got 23 saves and i think hes turn the corner getting hot again... we all hope :)

but yeah i wouldnt mind giving up that fransico boy or that devin dude since hes not doing what he was drafted for... do ya think gradal will go too?

BakoTheTako
07-07-2010, 01:45 AM
I agree, and im pretty sure the reds will do whatever they can to get cliff lee to remain wit the reds...

???

sabometrics
07-07-2010, 03:37 AM
Lee has no intention of going anywhere west of the Hudson river. He'll be a Yankee and a very very rich Yankee at that.

Vottomatic
07-07-2010, 08:54 AM
Lee has no intention of going anywhere west of the Hudson river. He'll be a Yankee and a very very rich Yankee at that.

More reason we need a salary cap.

Even if the cap was $180M it would prevent the Yanks and Red Sox from acquiring EVERY good/great player. It also would force them to "think" a little more in case they made a bad signing. If they make a bad signing now, they just shrug their shoulders and spend more.