PDA

View Full Version : Felipe Lopez comment about the Reds

arkimadee
07-07-2010, 01:28 PM
"The Reds are really hot right now and we're not even close to hot. And we're still right there. So once we click there's not going to be a chance for nobody."

Does this pee anyone else off? I hope we take those sorry sons of witches and beat them by 10 games. They don't even see the Reds as a threat. We are nothing but a lucky hot team according to most of them..

GIDP
07-07-2010, 01:42 PM
Whats amazing is how stupid it is. It doesnt pee me off at all.

He cant really believe that Jamie Garcia, Wainright, and Carpenter havent all be beyond hot. 2 of them are good pitchers but pitched most of the year over their heads even for them.

They had a good start, and havent played well since. They werent all that good last year, won 20 games in august, and it carried them to a 91 win season. They added Holliday but hes not going to add so many wins that they will pull another 20-6 month out again.

Lockdwn11
07-07-2010, 02:06 PM
No one will have a chance until Lopez uncorks one of his throws into the 3rd row.

Redeye fly
07-07-2010, 02:11 PM
I'd imagine if Felipe is honest he added something in there to the effect, "But if I'm out there in the field and teams hit a lot of ground balls in my direction, we'll never get hot, because I'll be misplaying them all over the place."

brm7675
07-07-2010, 02:13 PM
One man's view of "hot" is another man's view of playing to your ability....

Lockdwn11
07-07-2010, 02:14 PM
I mean really if you look at their everyday line up I would only give them a advantage at two positions left field and center field I would take the rest of our line up over St louis. If the Reds do add a Lee or Haren it is all over for the Cards so talk all you want Felipe.

brm7675
07-07-2010, 02:14 PM
Well the Cards may have just found out they need to go after Lee, as reports have Penny still suffering from arm stiffness and was sent back to St. Louis for more tests...

redssince75
07-07-2010, 02:16 PM
I mean really if you look at their everyday line up I would only give them a advantage at two positions left field and center field I would take the rest of our line up over St louis. If the Reds do add a Lee or Haren it is all over for the Cards so talk all you want Felipe.

As much as I love Joey Votto....you really can't take him over Pujols.

LarkinForever
07-07-2010, 02:18 PM

I agree...although they have similar numbers this year, Pujols will go down as one of the better players to have played the game.

Lockdwn11
07-07-2010, 02:19 PM

Really, I will take the 2010 Joey Votto over the 2010 Pujols......

GIDP
07-07-2010, 02:21 PM
If you offered me Pujols for Votto right now? No way I do that deal. Maybe if it was 1 year of both but no way id do that.

redssince75
07-07-2010, 02:24 PM
If you offered me Pujols for Votto right now? No way I do that deal. Maybe if it was 1 year of both but no way id do that.

Really, I will take the 2010 Joey Votto over the 2010 Pujols......

Pujols has been incredibly consistent (and consistently great) for nearly a decade. Probably will be for another decade. I need quite a bit longer track record from Votto before I think he might be Pujols' equal. Pujols might be the best ever at consistency.

Lockdwn11
07-07-2010, 02:36 PM
Pujols has been incredibly consistent (and consistently greaet) for nearly a decade. Probably will be for another decade. I need quite a bit longer track record from Votto before I think he might be Pujols' equal. Pujols might be the best ever at consistency.

That is not the point to me. How many wins does Pujols last 5 years buy the Cards this year? If we are talking who has been the best 1st basemen between the two this year I take Votto. If it's over the last three sure it Pujols. Joey Votto is 26 years old and just entering his prime Pujols is 30 and right in the middle of his. Votto may still be improving Pujols as good as he is and he is one of if not the best player of his time is being out played this year by a up and coming Joey Votto the Stats and standings back that up.

GIDP
07-07-2010, 02:42 PM
Pujols has been incredibly consistent (and consistently great) for nearly a decade. Probably will be for another decade. I need quite a bit longer track record from Votto before I think he might be Pujols' equal. Pujols might be the best ever at consistency.

If you said to me Pujols for 10 year or Votto for 10 year, id take Pujols, but if you told me Votto until hes a FA or Pujols till he a FA I would laugh and then go light the money I saved on fire and danced around it.

AintlifeGrande
07-07-2010, 02:48 PM
Lopez needs to shut his mouth,he's lucky he has a job.And who's to say they don't trade him for a bag of baseballs at the deadline.

Orodle
07-07-2010, 02:50 PM
If a Reds player said this would you think it should piss anyone off? No, its a player confident about his team. He didnt say anything negative about the Reds.

"The Reds are really hot right now and we're not even close to hot. And we're still right there. So once we click there's not going to be a chance for nobody."

Does this pee anyone else off? I hope we take those sorry sons of witches and beat them by 10 games. They don't even see the Reds as a threat. We are nothing but a lucky hot team according to most of them..

Reds42MLB
07-07-2010, 03:04 PM
Lopez has been a rental player for like 5 years. Guy can't even stick with 1 team, please STFU bro.

RedsFanInBama
07-07-2010, 03:09 PM
Lopez has sweet neck tats brah.

arkimadee
07-07-2010, 03:24 PM
If a Reds player said this would you think it should piss anyone off? No, its a player confident about his team. He didnt say anything negative about the Reds.
I can't picture a Reds player say "nobody" else has a chance. It's pretty cocky for a team that is in second place to say when the get hot they can't be stopped. The last time they got hot, the Reds were hot too..

krm1580
07-07-2010, 03:49 PM
His tricky use of the double negative as in "there's not going to be a chance for nobody." confirms that there is actually a chance for everybody, well except the Pirates. I am pretty sure they are in fact nobody

The Voice of IH
07-07-2010, 04:07 PM
I would also be willing to bet that the comments where made to a St.Louis announcer, or at least someone he sees everyday. just got caught up in the moment. I forgive you Felipe.

Magdal
07-07-2010, 04:22 PM
I would also be willing to bet that the comments where made to a St.Louis announcer, or at least someone he sees everyday. just got caught up in the moment. I forgive you Felipe.Yep. What was he supposed to say? " We ain't don't ever gonna get hot, so nothin' can stop the Reds"

Like someone said, the man is trying to get an every day job. He's a dumb ballplayer, not a politician.;)

arkimadee
07-07-2010, 04:30 PM
maybe i read to much into it.. i just hate the Cards and anything they say ticks me off..

Krawhitham
07-07-2010, 04:32 PM
he has a point, the Reds are playing better than anyone predicted, and the Cards are playing worse than predicted and they are only two games back.

The Cards have two good bats on the DL they will get back at some point. They are also 1 game under .500 since the beginning of June, do you really think they will continue sub .500 baseball?

texasdave
07-07-2010, 04:47 PM
Since May 3rd they are 27-30. Three games under .500. At what point do you stop and say maybe that's what they are - a .500 ballclub?

Parliament
07-07-2010, 05:01 PM
Reds will be 3 games up after tonights games. The Cards are going to keep dropping until they are around 5 or 6 games back. That is about the margin I expect the reds to win the division.

AintlifeGrande
07-07-2010, 05:21 PM
This would be great clubhouse bulletin board material.

Vottomatic
07-07-2010, 05:41 PM
We will let the Reds do the talking on the field. Lopez can let his mouth do his talking in the media.

And all it does for me is confirm that the Cardinals are worried about the Reds.

BurgervilleBuck
07-07-2010, 09:44 PM
"So once we click there's not going to be a chance for nobody."
And he used the double negative.

Kingspoint
07-07-2010, 09:49 PM
Felipe Lopez needs to worry more about blowing a 3-0 lead tonight.

roby
07-07-2010, 10:53 PM
Felipe Lopez needs to worry more about blowing a 3-0 lead tonight.

Wouldn't it be hilarious if they traded the little creep to the Pirates? :thumbup:

Vottomatic
07-07-2010, 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkimadee
"So once we click there's not going to be a chance for nobody."

......and......

And he used the double negative.

Felipe Lopez needs to concentrate on proper sentence structure and grammar. :D

bgwilly31
07-08-2010, 12:17 AM
I agree...although they have similar numbers this year, Pujols will go down as one of the better players to have played the game.

haha who are these guys.

votto >> Pujols all day long.

Not to mention Votto is clean as can be. Cant really say the same for roid head pujols.

bshall2105
07-08-2010, 12:22 AM
Hey Felipe, good luck getting hot after back to back late inning meltdowns.;)

The Voice of IH
07-08-2010, 12:35 AM
The all star break can not come fast enough for the Cards, big opportunity here for the Reds if they are able to take down the Phillies.......AGIAN

DaytonFlyer
07-08-2010, 08:21 AM
His tricky use of the double negative as in "there's not going to be a chance for nobody." confirms that there is actually a chance for everybody, well except the Pirates. I am pretty sure they are in fact nobody

I was waiting for it, and there it is. :D

Vottomatic
07-08-2010, 09:03 AM
Lopez has spent so many years on bad teams he doesn't know how to act when he's on a mediocre one. :D

redsfan_12
07-08-2010, 09:22 AM
Lopez has spent so many years on bad teams he doesn't know how to act when he's on a mediocre one. :D

Hahahahahahahah

redssince75
07-08-2010, 04:14 PM
haha who are these guys.

votto >> Pujols all day long.

Well when you put it that way.....I feel silly.

I mean, the consensus player of the decade of the 2000s, the best hitter of our time, arguably the best of all time to this point of this career, plus a multiple gold glover and by all indications a humble family man, vs. a guy who's had a few good years and one realllllly good 1/2 year.

You are right, I am clearly an idiot for thinking one might, just might, be better than the other. :rolleyes:

Griffey012
07-08-2010, 06:44 PM
Not to mention Votto is clean as can be. Cant really say the same for roid head pujols.

So exactly how can the same not be said for Pujols? When has his name been linked?

redssince75
07-08-2010, 07:13 PM
So exactly how can the same not be said for Pujols? When has his name been linked?

It hasn't. Pujols doesn't juice. But Willy is clearly living in some kind of anti-Pujols alternative reality.

Hey Meat
07-08-2010, 07:58 PM
Come on man! You don't have to love Pujols just because you live in St. Louis. Any real Reds fan knows he is really on the juice. I can't stand the Cardinals and enjoy watching the wheels fall off of their wagon. Go Reds!

texasdave
07-08-2010, 08:16 PM
It hasn't. Pujols doesn't juice. But Willy is clearly living in some kind of anti-Pujols alternative reality.

You saying that Pujols doesn't juice means just about the same as Willy saying he does.

texasdave
07-08-2010, 08:18 PM
Well when you put it that way.....I feel silly.

I mean, the consensus player of the decade of the 2000s, the best hitter of our time, arguably the best of all time to this point of this career, plus a multiple gold glover and by all indications a humble family man, vs. a guy who's had a few good years and one realllllly good 1/2 year.

You are right, I am clearly an idiot for thinking one might, just might, be better than the other. :rolleyes:

The only thing that counts is what they are doing this year. 2010. And in 2010 Votto has been better than Pujols.

Hey Meat
07-08-2010, 08:23 PM
You saying that Pujols doesn't juice means just about the same as Willy saying he does.

In addition, Any real Reds fan should be anti-Pujols in my book. Plus, Joey Votto would have been on the All-Star team if it weren't for all of the Cardinal hype. His numbers(Joey) except for rbi are better.

redssince75
07-08-2010, 10:10 PM
The only thing that counts is what they are doing this year. 2010. And in 2010 Votto has been better than Pujols.

A few thoughts while listening to extra innings.....2010 is all that counts only if you say that's the rule. So, if you say so.

But if you let me start a new MLB team, Pujols is the first position player I take. Not Alex Rodriguez, not Ichiro, not even Joe Mauer. And certainly not Joey Votto.

As to Pujols and roids, certainly I don't really know anything, nothing more than any of you. But from observing him here in SL over the years, my gut says he's telling the truth. Personality-wise, he is the anti-Barry Bonds, the anti-Ben Roethlisberger.

I'm as big a Reds fan as there is, but when I need to be objective I don't wear reds-colored glasses.

texasdave
07-08-2010, 11:06 PM
A few thoughts while listening to extra innings.....2010 is all that counts only if you say that's the rule. So, if you say so.

But if you let me start a new MLB team, Pujols is the first position player I take. Not Alex Rodriguez, not Ichiro, not even Joe Mauer. And certainly not Joey Votto.

As to Pujols and roids, certainly I don't really know anything, nothing more than any of you. But from observing him here in SL over the years, my gut says he's telling the truth. Personality-wise, he is the anti-Barry Bonds, the anti-Ben Roethlisberger.

I'm as big a Reds fan as there is, but when I need to be objective I don't wear reds-colored glasses.

Not if I say so. The thread is about Felipe Lopez saying the Cards will over- take the Reds in 2010. That is the genesis of the thread. People were discussing which team had the better players THIS SEASON. That is why 2010 is the only thing that matters in this particular conversation. No one was comparing careers until you brought it up.

As far as players taking steroids - nobody really knows. It has nothing to do with being objective or biased. Andy Pettitte is one of the most decent, church-going individuals I have observed in sports. He is probably one of the last players I would have guessed as far as taking steroids. But he did. So nobody really knows. If a person wants to speculate that Pujols is on steroids, and he certainly isn't the first person to do so, it does not mean he is living in an alternate reality. And making a personal attack like that adds nothing to the thread.

redssince75
07-09-2010, 09:17 AM
Not if I say so. The thread is about Felipe Lopez saying the Cards will over- take the Reds in 2010. That is the genesis of the thread. People were discussing which team had the better players THIS SEASON. That is why 2010 is the only thing that matters in this particular conversation. No one was comparing careers until you brought it up.

As far as players taking steroids - nobody really knows. It has nothing to do with being objective or biased. Andy Pettitte is one of the most decent, church-going individuals I have observed in sports. He is probably one of the last players I would have guessed as far as taking steroids. But he did. So nobody really knows. If a person wants to speculate that Pujols is on steroids, and he certainly isn't the first person to do so, it does not mean he is living in an alternate reality. And making a personal attack like that adds nothing to the thread.

Respectfully, you need to go back and carefully read the thread again. The Pujols/Votto thing started when someone listed the positions where Cards>Reds, and he left off 1st base. That's just silly.

And the only personal attack I see was the guy who said 'where do they get these guys, haha'. Responding to him, I said it is an alternate reality to think Votto is better than Pujols -- which it is, and in my book, truth is not a personal attack.

AmberRain08
07-09-2010, 11:08 AM
I aggravates me that people think they're a team of luck, too. Really REALLY aggravating. I think it bothers me even more when people have the audacity to call the Yankees a "great team." They switch out players like rolls of toilet paper, overpay them and they're flying high on their egos. Individually, they're all great players, but they're not really a "TEAM." None of them work together, so I don't view THEM as a team. I view them as a collaborative yet failing effort to make a team.

Now...the REDs is a team! :)

Lockdwn11
07-09-2010, 12:38 PM
That is not the point to me. How many wins does Pujols last 5 years buy the Cards this year? If we are talking who has been the best 1st basemen between the two this year I take Votto. If it's over the last three sure it Pujols. Joey Votto is 26 years old and just entering his prime Pujols is 30 and right in the middle of his. Votto may still be improving Pujols as good as he is and he is one of if not the best player of his time is being out played this year by a up and coming Joey Votto the Stats and standings back that up.

Silly? I don't think so I explained my reasoning here. How is saying Votto is having a better year in 2010 three years younger and just entering his prime years silly when ALL the stats back that up? Maybe it is you who needs to go back and carefully read what was posted.

redssince75
07-09-2010, 01:48 PM
Silly? I don't think so I explained my reasoning here. How is saying Votto is having a better year in 2010 three years younger and just entering his prime years silly when ALL the stats back that up? Maybe it is you who needs to go back and carefully read what was posted.

I agree, you give an argument with a basis.

Willy just said, "Votta>Pujols" and laughed at those who don't think so.

Well, most of the world doesn't think so. Plus, that's not an argument.