PDA

View Full Version : Primetime Emmy Nominations 2010

HeatherC1212
07-08-2010, 11:52 AM
Surprised no one started a thread for this yet but I'll go ahead and get the ball rolling especially since several of my faves actually got nods today! :D

Link: http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2010/07/08/emmys-2010-nominations/

Favorite Choices: Kyle Chandler and Connie Britton FINALLY getting nominations after four awesome seasons on Friday Night Lights. It's about dang time!! :beerme:

Long Overdue: Elizabeth Mitchell (guest actress for Lost) finally getting a nomination for playing Juliet and quite frankly, I think this is a makeup to her for not giving her nomination last year. She's been way overdue to get some Emmy love so this one alone made my whole entire day. :D

Lost Love: Matthew Fox gets a well deserved Lead Actor nomination and I always love seeing Terry O'Quinn and Michael Emerson in the nomination list (they were pretty darn awesome this year). Josh Holloway deserved a nomination this year as well but he probably lost out to his cast mates in a tough category. Happy the show is up for Drama Series and I hope they win again (they've only won one time which was back in 2005 I believe). :)

Wish List: I wish FNL had snuck into the Drama Series category but I'll gladly take Kyle & Connie finally breaking through with their noms this year. I also wish Chandra Wilson had been recognized for her work on Grey's Anatomy. The show was a little uneven this year but she was always great. Glad no Charlie Sheen this year and I wish Tony Shaloub had been replaced with anyone else. I only started watching Glee this summer as Fox as been airing the reruns but I can see why it got so many nominations. It's a pretty good show. Otherwise I can't really quibble with too many of the picks only because I don't watch a lot of those other shows (especially some of the cable shows because I don't get all the channels), LOL :laugh:

BuckWild03
07-08-2010, 01:16 PM
Glad to see Friday Night Lights finally getting some well-deserved recognition. (They are the Joey Votto of this year's emmy's!)

redsmetz
07-08-2010, 01:55 PM
Lost Love: Matthew Fox gets a well deserved Lead Actor nomination and I always love seeing Terry O'Quinn and Michael Emerson in the nomination list (they were pretty darn awesome this year). Josh Holloway deserved a nomination this year as well but he probably lost out to his cast mates in a tough category. Happy the show is up for Drama Series and I hope they win again (they've only won one time which was back in 2005 I believe). :)

Was that actually 2005 or was it when they were in 2007 or maybe 2004...