PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Joey Votto

Joseph
07-08-2010, 06:01 PM
Joey has just been named the Final Vote winner in the NL!

Congrats Joey!

reds44
07-08-2010, 06:02 PM
That a boy Joey! It was well deserved. Well done to everyone who voted for him.

Chip R
07-08-2010, 06:02 PM
Thank you, Charlie Manuel.

Sea Ray
07-08-2010, 06:05 PM
Congrats to Joey but Youkilis didn't make it...so much for that "underhanded" tagteam deal the Reds did with the Bosox...

Joseph
07-08-2010, 06:06 PM
Being interviewed on MLB Network right now and saying ALL the right things about playing in Cincinnati ie how he would not be as good if he were playing in another organization. Bodes well for the future.

Degenerate39
07-08-2010, 06:06 PM
Who made the AL?

reds44
07-08-2010, 06:07 PM
Who made the AL?
Swisher.

I wonder if Votto is going to do the derby? Part of me hopes he doesn't.

Redsfan320
07-08-2010, 06:11 PM
GOOD JOB JOEY, AND GOOD JOB REDS FANS!!!! Go get a pizza to congratulate yourself for voting, and sit back and enjoy the game featuring four Reds all-stars (I guess the game only features all 4 if Rhodes gets in, but you know what I mean)!!

Tony Cloninger
07-08-2010, 06:13 PM
How in the heck does Swisher win that? Yankee fans are truly clueless.

reds44
07-08-2010, 06:16 PM
johnfayman Votto was asked to participate in the Home Run contest. He turned it down. #reds

Thank God.

Raisor
07-08-2010, 06:18 PM
http://hajloo.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/canada_flag.gif

RANDY IN INDY
johnfayman Votto was asked to participate in the Home Run contest. He turned it down. #reds

Thank God.

Glad to hear that.

CarolinaRedleg
Score one for the good guys.

Now, don't go easy on Ol' Cholly.

durl
07-08-2010, 06:19 PM
As an NL fan, I'm glad to see Swisher in over Youkalis.

I was hoping that the NL fans around the league would see that Votto gives the NL the better chance to win the All-Star game and end the AL streak.

Raisor
07-08-2010, 06:25 PM
Hey,
I'm not a lumber jack
Or a fur trader
And I dont live in an igloo
Or eat blubber
Or own a dog sled
And I don't know
Jimmy, Jally or Suzie from Canada
Although I'm sure they're really really nice
I have a Prime Minister not a President
I speak English and French not American
And I pronounce it about not "a-boot"
I can proudly sew my country's flag on my backpack I believe in peackeeping not policing
Diversity not assimilation
And that the beaver is a truley proud and noble animal
A toque is a hat a chesterfield is a couch
And it is prnouced "zed" not "zee" "zed"!
Canada is the 2nd largest landmass!
The 1st nation in hockey!
And the best part of North America!
My name is Joe(y) and I am Canadian

blumj
07-08-2010, 06:26 PM
How in the heck does Swisher win that? Yankee fans are truly clueless.

There are a lot of them, and they like Swisher and he's been playing very well for them. What's clueless about that?

Tony Cloninger
07-08-2010, 06:54 PM
Beacuse he is not better than Youkilis or even Young.....might as well send their whole team then...since most of their fans feel they should be.

They were whining about Andy P not getting in when they already had Hughes and CC in it.
So yes....not very bias at al are they?

GAC
07-08-2010, 07:02 PM
Thank you, Charlie Manuel.

I really hope Joey puts a hurtin' on them boys in Philly just for Charlie's sake. ;)

oneupper
07-08-2010, 07:04 PM
Fans are biased by definition.

Fans voting = bad idea.
Fans voting on the Internet = even worse idea.

Chip R
07-08-2010, 07:10 PM
I really hope Joey puts a hurtin' on them boys in Philly just for Charlie's sake. ;)

I do too but we have Charlie's non selection of Joey to thank for all this publicity he and the Reds have received. If he had been selected along with the other 3 Reds it wouldn't have been that big of a deal. But this snub got Joey and the Reds national publicity like they haven't received in a while.

Danny Serafini
07-08-2010, 07:16 PM
Looks like he just put the exclamation point at the end of this vote.

Ghosts of 1990
07-08-2010, 07:31 PM
13.7 Million votes for our MVP Candidate. The more I watch Joey this season; the more I realize we're watching a guy who is having a special season. They're running out of ways to get this guy out.

Joey, thanks for a terrific half of a season and get us a win at the ASG, it might matter for our Reds this season.

blumj
07-08-2010, 07:53 PM
Fans are biased by definition.

Fans voting = bad idea.
Fans voting on the Internet = even worse idea.
Eh, it's not as if they voted in Omar Infante.

HeatherC1212
07-08-2010, 08:08 PM
I am SOOOOOOO happy right now! I'm also going to be seeing validation numbers in my sleep tonight but I don't even care anymore because JOEY IS AN ALL STAR!!! :jump:

Blitz Dorsey
07-08-2010, 10:27 PM
I am SOOOOOOO happy right now! I'm also going to be seeing validation numbers in my sleep tonight but I don't even care anymore because JOEY IS AN ALL STAR!!! :jump:

Great job in helping lead the campaign Heather. We all helped, but you were one of the captains of the ship. Kudos to all of Reds Country!!!

Chip R
07-08-2010, 11:10 PM
Great job in helping lead the campaign Heather. We all helped, but you were one of the captains of the ship. Kudos to all of Reds Country!!!

Yes indeed. Joey ought to send you a dozen roses for the work you did.

HeatherC1212
07-08-2010, 11:34 PM
Aww, you guys are really sweet but I honestly could have voted more for him if I didn't have so many meetings and stuff this week. Darn work got in the way too, LOL :p:

Anyway, I felt inspired tonight and made another banner. I want to make one for all four of the guys but that will have to wait until tomorrow night. Hope you guys like it. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v411/KwanFan1212/Reds/JoeyVotto-AllStarBanner.jpg

reds1869
07-08-2010, 11:49 PM
I am really happy for Votto and really proud of everyone who helped make this happen. It should never have come down to a final vote, but when it did the organization and the fans stepped up big time. Well done all around! Congrats, Joey!

Blitz Dorsey
07-09-2010, 12:25 AM
Aww, you guys are really sweet but I honestly could have voted more for him if I didn't have so many meetings and stuff this week. Darn work got in the way too, LOL :p:

Anyway, I felt inspired tonight and made another banner. I want to make one for all four of the guys but that will have to wait until tomorrow night. Hope you guys like it. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v411/KwanFan1212/Reds/JoeyVotto-AllStarBanner.jpg

I loved when you said you were at work and trying to vote as much as possible, but couldn't vote quite as much as you wanted to because of "work" getting in the way. Ha! I hate when that happens when I'm at work. I most definitely prefer goofing off and reading up on the Reds (and Bengals and Ohio State ... and LeBron ripping the hearts out of Cleveland sports fans again, hehe).

OnBaseMachine
07-09-2010, 02:44 AM
Congrats Joey, it's well deserved.

Ron Madden
07-09-2010, 03:23 AM
Congrats to Joey, Brandon, Scott and Arthur. :beerme:

I'm proud of the whole bunch. :thumbup:

GAC
07-09-2010, 06:24 AM
I do too but we have Charlie's non selection of Joey to thank for all this publicity he and the Reds have received. If he had been selected along with the other 3 Reds it wouldn't have been that big of a deal. But this snub got Joey and the Reds national publicity like they haven't received in a while.

As the Fonz would say.... EXACTAMUNDO! ;)

Forgive me while I toot Redszone's horn here; but I wonder how many votes were garnered and cast due to many of it's member's efforts and energy?

Maybe there should be a Redszone Appreciation Day at GABP where we all get in for half price, get seats right on the 1B line near Votto, and beer is only 5 cents! I think it's a crackerjack of an idea. :p:

Mario-Rijo
07-09-2010, 09:47 AM
As the Fonz would say.... EXACTAMUNDO! ;)

Forgive me while I toot Redszone's horn here; but I wonder how many votes were garnered and cast due to many of it's member's efforts and energy?

Maybe there should be a Redszone Appreciation Day at GABP where we all get in for half price, get seats right on the 1B line near Votto, and beer is only 5 cents! I think it's a crackerjack of an idea. :p:

Brilliant!
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/__jFgOqdirRY/Sp_3nME9y0I/AAAAAAAACkc/j0YBZw1s5vg/s400/brilliant_medium.jpg

I'm sure I was bringing up the rear on voting but still got in probably about 150 votes. about 100-125 for Konerko too.

Sea Ray
07-09-2010, 10:05 AM
Did they release the final vote tallies? I'm wondering who was #2 behind Votto and how many votes did Votto win by?

HeatherC1212
07-09-2010, 12:38 PM
Did they release the final vote tallies? I'm wondering who was #2 behind Votto and how many votes did Votto win by?

Joey had over 13 million votes (13.7 million according to mlb.com which was the most of any Final Vote candidate) and the only other number I remember seeing was Swisher who had close to 10 million (9.8 is what mlb.com shows) and won the AL vote barely over Youkilis. I always had a feeling Joey was winning by a pretty good margin but didn't want to say anything for fear of jinxing him, LOL :p: (No other numbers were released which makes me think it wasn't all that close in the NL race.)

OnBaseMachine
07-09-2010, 03:29 PM
Great article by Jeff Passan on Votto.

“I think that what Charlie did was great,” Votto said, and if ever again you need proof of the kindness of Canadians, look no further. “I’ve got a manager in Dusty Baker who would do the exact same thing. I think any player that plays this game wants a guy that covers their back, a guy that will pick them first, a guy that rights the wrongs because there have been past instances where Ryan Howard wasn’t selected and probably should have.

“I like managers like that. I have a manager like that. I think that’s a really cool thing.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=jp-votto070910

_Sir_Charles_
07-09-2010, 03:52 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=stark_jayson&id=5364813

National League MVP of the Half-Year: Joey Votto, Reds

Joey Votto
Otto Greule Jr/Getty Images

We're betting most Americans have heard and read more about Joey Votto in just the past week than they had in his entire career before now. But here at the Worldwide Leader, we can assure you that it isn't because we're trying to recruit him to star in a new reality show or anything. It's because he's the best player in baseball who'd managed to avoid nearly every radar screen in America before this.

HeatherC1212
07-09-2010, 04:55 PM
Great article by Jeff Passan on Votto.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=jp-votto070910

That is a fantastic article and even if he doesn't really like it, this may have been the best thing to ever happen for Joey, his career, and the Cincinnati Reds. And for the record, these comments alone have made me a Jeff Passan fan for life, LOL :lol:

Humility. Numbers. Overcoming adversity. A vote for Votto was as easy as a vote against the BCS. Now all Votto needs is to break the NL’s 14-year winless streak in the All-Star Game, which would necessitate Manuel using him, which might get in the way of Omar Infante’s(notes) playing time, heaven forbid. :lol:

HeatherC1212
07-09-2010, 04:59 PM
Here's another article on Yahoo's MLB site (four guys heading into the All Star break on a tear including Joey):

Man of the Moment (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/We-re-Going-Streaking-Joey-Votto-is-the-man-of-;_ylt=ArEkgeHuDZi4_7pzmw2e5GIRvLYF?urn=mlb,254914)