PDA

View Full Version : Hanigan recalled...will play Saturday...Hernandez to 15-Day DL.

Kingspoint
07-09-2010, 05:17 PM
From Rotoworld w/ Rotoworld comments...

Reds placed catcher Ramon Hernandez on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to July 5, with a sore knee.

Ryan Hanigan will step into Hernandez's spot, so the Reds are still fine behind the plate. If all goes well, Hernandez will return as soon as his 15 days are up.

Reds activated catcher Ryan Hanigan from the 15-day disabled list.

Hanigan was taking over as the Reds' primary catcher before missing six weeks with a broken thumb. Now that Ramon Hernandez is on the DL, Hanigan will get another chance to improve his standing. Hernandez, though, was playing quite well before hurting his knee.

KOBasinger
07-09-2010, 05:24 PM
Well that's better news than Rolen/Lee

bigred97
07-09-2010, 05:26 PM
Glad to see Hanigan back. Hopefully Hernandez is back soon after AS break.

Griffey012
07-09-2010, 06:11 PM
Great news, hopefully he keeps hitting like he was.

bgwilly31
07-09-2010, 06:12 PM
Glad to see Hanigan back. Hopefully Hernandez is back soon after AS break.

why>?

Whats wrong with the much cheaper Corky miller and hanigan combo.

GIDP
07-09-2010, 06:14 PM
why>?

You dont see why people would want Ramon over Corky? No wonder you are flipping out about the Yonder and Smoak comparisons so much.

Griffey012
07-09-2010, 06:20 PM
why>?

Cause we are paying Corky and Ramon their money no matter what. It's called a sunk cost, plus Ramon is better.

brm7675
07-09-2010, 06:21 PM
why>?

Have you watched any games? Corky is a nice guy calls a decent game, but doesn't have anywhere near the bat Ramon offers.

Reds
07-09-2010, 06:25 PM
every time I think corkys bat has slowed and his feet aren't as nimble as they once where I see that 'stache and it draws me back in.

bgwilly31
07-09-2010, 06:31 PM
Have you watched any games? Corky is a nice guy calls a decent game, but doesn't have anywhere near the bat Ramon offers.

have you>?

Yes i watch every game.

And corky has performed just as well as ramon.

Given his freshness and not having all season to really get into any kind of groove. I think Corky could perform a fill in role for hanigan every 5th game just as good as ramon for a fraction of the money.

Theres no need for Ramons salary on this team.

GIDP
07-09-2010, 06:32 PM
You fat finger the > button a lot.

Griffey012
07-09-2010, 06:33 PM
have you>?

Yes i watch every game.

Given his freshness and not having all season to really get into any kind of groove. I think Corky could perform a fill in role for hanigan every 5th game just as good as ramon for a fraction of the money.

Did you not read my response to your post? We are paying Ramon's salary the rest of the season unless we find some team to unexpectedly take him in a trade. So it doesn't matter if Corky is making less as long as Ramon is here.

scott91575
07-09-2010, 06:36 PM
why>?

You hear that sound? That is your credibility hitting the floor.

You pay these guys no matter what (unless the league suspends them, but that is not the case here). They are guaranteed contracts. Even if the fact you think Corky is better than Ramon isn't bad enough, not even understanding MLB contracts is even worse.

You can't cut payroll by just placing a guy on the DL.

scott91575
07-09-2010, 06:38 PM
You fat finger the > button a lot.

I am starting to get the feeling he actually thinks > comes before a ?.

brm7675
07-09-2010, 06:39 PM
have you>?

Yes i watch every game.

You really need help if you think Corky and Ramon are equal when it comes to the plate. plus Dusty isn't going to play Harigan every day, he leans much more towards Ramon. Corky is a career minor leaguer for a reason...:thumbup:

Kingspoint
07-09-2010, 06:40 PM
have you>?

Yes i watch every game.

Baker prefers to never use a Catcher 3 games in a row. Only under an emergency situation does he use Hanigan or Ramon 3 games in a row.

bgwilly31
07-09-2010, 06:47 PM
You really need help if you think Corky and Ramon are equal when it comes to the plate. plus Dusty isn't going to play Harigan every day, he leans much more towards Ramon. Corky is a career minor leaguer for a reason...:thumbup:

i disagree and i dont need help.

You hear that sound? That is your credibility hitting the floor.

You pay these guys no matter what (unless the league suspends them, but that is not the case here). They are guaranteed contracts. Even if the fact you think Corky is better than Ramon isn't bad enough, not even understanding MLB contracts is even worse.

You can't cut payroll by just placing a guy on the DL.

yeah i understand the money roll.

I didnt like the ramon signing from the start. Hanigan being on a tear before his injury made me extremely not like the ramon signing.

So you are one of those fans that think along like the owners and think we Have to play a player just because we are paying him. No matter whats better for the team.

Hanigan should be playing 4 games straight. Maybe 3 if thats what dusty likes.

Ramon or arguably corky should be filling the fill in role.

brm7675
07-09-2010, 06:50 PM

I didnt like the ramon signing from the start. Hanigan being on a tear before his injury made me extremely not like the ramon signing.

So you are one of those fans that think along like the owners and think we Have to play a player just because we are paying him. No matter whats better for the team.

I didn't know the owner made out the lineup card, could it be that Dusty values Ramon more the Hanigan?

bgwilly31
07-09-2010, 06:53 PM
I didn't know the owner made out the lineup card, could it be that Dusty values Ramon more the Hanigan?

If he does, he's a wetawd.

And who cares if dusty did?

Does that make dusty right?

So now you think ramon is better than hanigan now? lol

sabometrics
07-09-2010, 06:55 PM
Hanigan hasn't even had one AB yet after coming back from injury and we're already beating the "Hanigan should play regularly over Ramon" drum?

We had a great 1-2 duo of Ramon/Hanigan before these injuries. I'm just hoping they can both get healthy and play in that same role rather than try and push one or the other into extended duty when they're already banged up a little.

Kingspoint
07-09-2010, 06:59 PM

Dusty only plays his Catchers 2 games in a row. It's a true platoon with his Catchers.

scott91575
07-09-2010, 06:59 PM

Nice attempt at a deflection. One of your reasons for wanting to play Corky right now is his lower salary. That doesn't matter. It doesn't mean anything at this point. So you are one of those fans that wants a guy to play simply because he has a lower salary? Face it, salary doesn't matter at this point, and the fact you brought it up shows you don't know what you are talking about.

Oh, and anyone in their right mind would play Ramon over Corky because he is a better player. It has nothing to do with salary.

Anyway, thanks for clearing up your mindset. Does this board have an ignore function?

edit....NM, I found the ignore function.

brm7675
07-09-2010, 07:00 PM
If he does, he's a wetawd.

And who cares if dusty did?

Does that make dusty right?

So now you think ramon is better than hanigan now? lol

No I don't but Dusty does and since Dusty isn't going anywhere it's moot. Ramon is better then Corky, right now i would give the edge to Hannigan over Ramon, but Dusty doesn't.