PDA

View Full Version : Been a Long Time

patch
07-09-2010, 09:30 PM
It has been a long time since I have been able to get excited about at Reds team. Have lived in N. Virgina the past 16 years and have been waiting for a good team....even though "we" now have the Nats...still a Reds fan. Remember a few yrs ago when I went to a game a saw Harang throw a good game against the Reds...Griffey Jr. was still talking to the people in the front rows of the stadium.

I love the Reds. Grew up with the Big Red Machine as a boy, and am happy to see them doing well again.

GO REDS...

BRM13
07-09-2010, 10:55 PM
It has been a long time since I have been able to get excited about at Reds team. Have lived in N. Virgina the past 16 years and have been waiting for a good team....even though "we" now have the Nats...still a Reds fan. Remember a few yrs ago when I went to a game a saw Harang throw a good game against the Reds...Griffey Jr. was still talking to the people in the front rows of the stadium.

I love the Reds. Grew up with the Big Red Machine as a boy, and am happy to see them doing well again.

GO REDS...

Welcome, Patch! I know what you mean. It has been a long time since I scoured box scores and studied stats carefully. The Reds doing well has certainly gotten my attention back.

Re the Big Red Machine, sounds like we are similar ages. We were blessed to be young boys watching those teams. Btw, I lived in NoVA (Fairfax) for a couple years when I worked for the gummint during the late Bush I and early Clinton years.

sabometrics
07-09-2010, 11:00 PM
Please stick with us through these trying times.

bornready
07-09-2010, 11:06 PM
Please stick with us through these trying times.

its just one game....these trying times? i know it was a terrible way to lose a baseball game, but it's only one game out of 162. we're still 10 games over .500! despite all of the shortcomings this team has, we are two games up in the division, and if we win one of the next two, we will be 10 games over going into the all-star game.

also, provided we do win one of the next two, that will be a 6-5 road trip. that seems pretty successful to me:thumbup:

also to the op: GO REDS!! :)

sabometrics
07-09-2010, 11:11 PM
Sarcasm never works on the internet, does it?

bornready
07-09-2010, 11:24 PM
Sarcasm never works on the internet, does it?

oops. well it is pretty hard to tell;) in my defense, some people are acting like the season is over now

sabometrics
07-09-2010, 11:29 PM
Thus the sarcasm.

No worries though, I've missed my share of cracks.

bornready
07-09-2010, 11:47 PM
even the best of us do on occasion. btw, the quote in your signature cracks me up, is that about leake?

The Voice of IH
07-09-2010, 11:55 PM
Thus the sarcasm.

No worries though, I've missed my share of cracks.

yes ;)

Vottomatic
07-10-2010, 03:09 AM
oops. well it is pretty hard to tell;) in my defense, some people are acting like the season is over now

The season isn't over. But games like these make you wonder if we could be 7 or 8 games up on the Cards if we didn't have a hardheaded manager.

sabometrics
07-10-2010, 04:16 AM
even the best of us do on occasion. btw, the quote in your signature cracks me up, is that about leake?

Lol yeah, its from this USA Today article (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/nl/reds/2010-06-02-mike-leake-cover_N.htm).