PDA

View Full Version : Jason Werth: What a classy guy

ILoveWilly
07-12-2010, 11:29 AM
http://mlb.fanhouse.com/2010/07/11/jayson-werth-feels-bad-but-not-sorry-for-outburst-at-fan/?icid=main|aim|dl4|link5|http%3A%2F%2Fmlb.fanhouse .com%2F2010%2F07%2F11%2Fjayson-werth-feels-bad-but-not-sorry-for-outburst-at-fan%2F

More reason to hate this Philadelphia team. I'm sure you recall the foul ball caught by the fan and Werth's outburst, when the guy was just trying to keep his kid from hitting hit in the head with the ball. No apology to the fan from Werth, or his son, who apparently was a big fan of his. Pathetic.

Red in Atl
07-12-2010, 01:12 PM
That guy looked like he was ready to pop Jason Werth. And I think it would have been awesome. He could have hurt Werth too.

I think we look at this all wrong. For the kind of money that is charged to take your family to games so they can pay these spoiled overgrown man-children to play sports for a living, we should have every right to go for the ball. That man was clearly in his seat, protecting his kid. Did you see how hard Werth hit the guy with his glove and pushed him back. I guarantee that hurt.

Why is no one saying the obvious? If it's in the stands, it's out of play. Tough luck - home team or not. If you can't stand on the field and easily reach the ball, then that's it. Let it become an umpire call. Does it really make sense for high-paid, professional athletes to risk injuring themselves or the fans to catch a foul pop up?

GIDP
07-12-2010, 01:14 PM
I wish the fan would have yelled something back.

markymark69
07-12-2010, 01:26 PM
That guy looked like he was ready to pop Jason Werth. And I think it would have been awesome. He could have hurt Werth too.

I think we look at this all wrong. For the kind of money that is charged to take your family to games so they can pay these spoiled overgrown man-children to play sports for a living, we should have every right to go for the ball. That man was clearly in his seat, protecting his kid. Did you see how hard Werth hit the guy with his glove and pushed him back. I guarantee that hurt.

Why is no one saying the obvious? If it's in the stands, it's out of play. Tough luck - home team or not. If you can't stand on the field and easily reach the ball, then that's it. Let it become an umpire call. Does it really make sense for high-paid, professional athletes to risk injuring themselves or the fans to catch a foul pop up?

I agree with you. I see nothing wrong with what the fan did. As long as he doesn't interfere he has a much right to catch the ball as a player does.

Hey Meat
07-12-2010, 09:06 PM
What did Werth say to him? It looked like he dropped the f-bomb.

GIDP
07-12-2010, 09:20 PM
What did Werth say to him? It looked like he dropped the f-bomb.
Get out of the way.

Insert F bombs

Hey Meat
07-12-2010, 09:50 PM
What a pikey piece of garbage. The league should fine him for that as well as his civil war era beard.

goreds2
07-12-2010, 10:39 PM
What a pikey piece of garbage. The league should fine him for that as well as his civil war era beard.

Yep, he should be fined for sure. You could see the kid was almost scared. :thumbdown