PDA

View Full Version : 4-Game Sweeps

cbowen2112
07-12-2010, 03:59 PM
The Rangers just got 4-game swept by the Orioles, yes the Baltimore Orioles!
Yet, the Rangers are still in first going into the break (yes a more comfortable lead over the Angels) but nevertheless, in 1st place. I think they take it and run with it the rest of the season.

Yes, they did just get swept by the worst team in the AL and arguably all of baseball, but they will keep there heads up and go forward.

I guess I am just glad that these "Maker 84" etc. types on this board do not play for our ball club. The Reds are resilient to say the least and just played a heck of a series in Philly. If that was played in Cincy, we would have easily split, but we didn't get that lucky, they did. Our SP has been remarkable and so has the rest of our bullpen (minus Cordero). We get an All-Star SP back on our club as well as a possible RP in Burton who has a 0.77 ERA in his last 10 games. Things are looking up. Cabrera needs this break and will come back stronger right away. Gomes as well IMO.

Hey, the Reds of Cincinnati are in first place at the break people!!!!:thumbup:

Keep your heads held high.:beerme:

KOBasinger
07-12-2010, 04:03 PM
Props for posting this.

cbowen2112
07-12-2010, 04:13 PM
Yeah, I think people forget the Phillies have won the NL the past two years...they do not give up ever. The Reds fans here should take a flier on how that works...thanks for the props!

BigPoppa
07-12-2010, 07:56 PM
HEAR, HEAR !!! :clap::thumbup:

cbowen2112
07-14-2010, 01:46 AM
HEAR, HEAR !!! :clap::thumbup:

thanks, broseph!

redsrolen
07-14-2010, 02:03 AM
I said the exact same thing during the final Philly game the other day.
I was ridiculed so bad, you would have thought I commited murder! Glad to hear it from someone else. Just finished watching the All-Star game and our guys were very much part of the victory!!! Got a good feeling about the rest of the year! GO REDS!!!

:thumbup: :redszone:

cbowen2112
07-14-2010, 02:12 AM
I said the exact same thing during the final Philly game the other day.
I was ridiculed so bad, you would have thought I commited murder! Glad to hear it from someone else. Just finished watching the All-Star game and our guys were very much part of the victory!!! Got a good feeling about the rest of the year! GO REDS!!!

:thumbup: :redszone:

Indeed. I think everyone kinda had their heads down after that series, but it happens. They move on...Go Reds!