PDA

View Full Version : Reds players announced for HOF Induction Events, July 16-18

westofyou
07-12-2010, 06:58 PM
CINCINNATI (July 12, 2010) – The Cincinnati Reds Hall of Fame & Museum has announced the Reds players and Hall of Famers who will be in attendance at events for the 2010 Induction Weekend, July 16-18.

Reds Hall of Famers: Johnny Bench, Jack Billingham, Pedro Borbon, Tom Browning, Leo Cardenas, Eric Davis, George Foster, Cesar Geronimo, Wayne Granger, Tommy Helms, Barry Larkin (Sat./Sun. only), Jerry Lynch, Jim Maloney (Sat. only), Lee May, Joe Morgan (Fri./Sat. only), Gary Nolan, Jim O’Toole, Chris Sabo and Mario Soto.

1990 Team Members: Glenn Braggs, Keith Brown, Tom Browning, Norm Charlton, Eric Davis, Billy Hatcher, Barry Larkin (Sat./Sun. only), Hal Morris (Fri./Sat. only), Randy Myers, Paul Noce, Ron Robinson, Chris Sabo and Herm Winningham.

Fans will have many chances to meet and greet with their favorite HOF’ers and Reds players from the 1990 World Championship team at the Hall of Fame & Museum:

Friday, July 16
• 5 to 6:30 pm - Meet and greet with returning Hall of Famers (photos OK, no autographs)

Saturday, July 17
• 11 am to 3 pm - Meet and greet with select 1990 team members (photos OK, no autographs)
• 3 to 4:30 pm - Meet and greet with returning Hall of Famers (photos OK, no autographs)

All meet and greet sessions are free with Hall of Fame admission.

For full details and updated meet and greet schedules, please visit www.redsmuseum.org or call (513) 765-7923.

2010 HOF Induction Weekend - Full Schedule of Events

Friday, July 16 – Reds vs Colorado Rockies (7:10pm)
• FameFest at the HOF (5 - 6:30 pm)
• MC Hammer concerts (pregame and postgame)
• 1990 team celebration (pregame and postgame)
• Fireworks presented by Klosterman Baking Co. (postgame)

Saturday, July 17 – Reds vs Colorado Rockies (7:10 pm)
• FameFest at the HOF will include baseball instruction, cornhole, caricature drawing, games, meet and greets, mascot visits, a band, sponsor booths, inflatable for kids, and more (10 am to 4 pm)
• New Inductee press conference (5:45 pm)
• Chris Sabo bobblehead presented by John Morrell (free to the first 30,000 fans)
• HOF Induction Ceremony (pregame)

Sunday, July 18 – Reds vs Colorado Rockies (1:10 pm)
• Vintage baseball game (Noon)
• Powel Crosley Jr. Award presentation (pregame)
• Kids replica batting helmet presented by Furniture Fair (free to the first 10,000 kids 14 and younger)
• 2010 Induction Gala presented by Extra Bases at Duke Energy Convention Center (6-10 pm)
- Featuring the entire 2010 Reds roster along with current and former Hall of Famers

OnBaseMachine
07-12-2010, 07:00 PM
Sounds like a great weekend to be at the ballpark. Too bad I'm leaving for Myrtle Beach Saturday morning and won't be able to attend.

Joseph
07-12-2010, 07:10 PM
Sounds like I might get that picture of me and Eric Davis I've wanted since I was about 12 now.

redsfan1966
07-12-2010, 07:36 PM
I cant and I dont know why---but I really want to go to the Friday game...and watch some HAMMER!

Matt700wlw
07-12-2010, 07:43 PM
2 Legit 2 Quit

redsfan1966
07-12-2010, 07:57 PM
"youve got to pray just to make it today"

VR
07-12-2010, 09:36 PM
http://aetv.auction.seenon.com/images/au/HammerPants_MAIN.jpg

HeatherC1212
07-12-2010, 10:46 PM
I wish I could go to more of the events this weekend too. We're going to the game on Sunday but we have our church's Vacation Bible School going on all week (Friday's game is out) and my cousin is turning 18 so we have his party on Saturday night (that game is out too). I was going to volunteer for the Gala but I leave for vacation early Monday morning and that didn't work out either. I'm looking forward to Sunday's game though and I hope there are some huge crowds there to cheer on our guys! Too bad I won't get my Joey Votto All Star t-shirt in time to wear to Sunday's game. :p:

WVRedsFan
07-13-2010, 12:29 AM
I wish I could go to more of the events this weekend too. We're going to the game on Sunday but we have our church's Vacation Bible School going on all week (Friday's game is out) and my cousin is turning 18 so we have his party on Saturday night (that game is out too). I was going to volunteer for the Gala but I leave for vacation early Monday morning and that didn't work out either. I'm looking forward to Sunday's game though and I hope there are some huge crowds there to cheer on our guys! Too bad I won't get my Joey Votto All Star t-shirt in time to wear to Sunday's game. :p:Dang, Heather. Where are your priorities :).

Nah, totally understandable. Too many things to do in too short of a time. Have a great time on Sunday and most of all, enjoy your vacation!

macro
07-13-2010, 12:44 AM
I shook Stanley Burrell's hand and talked to him at the Nashville airport back in 2002.

(Stanley Burrell goes by MC Hammer. :D )

RedFanAlways1966
07-13-2010, 07:56 AM
1990 Team Members: Keith Brown, Paul Noce, Ron Robinson.

<sarcasm, just sarcasm> 3 of the 13 guys appearing from that 1990 team...

Paul Noce
Anyone remember Paul? Had one AB in 1990 and got a hit. 1-for-1 (a single) for the year. That was his last MLB at-bat. OPS as a REDS player = 2.000. The real question... did he get a WS ring?!? Also gotta wonder how many men can claim to have hit safely in their last MLB at-bat (Paul Noce, Ted Williams, etc, etc).

Keith Brown
25 career MLB games (all with the REDs in 4 seasons). Appeared in a grand total of 8 games (11.1 IP) in 1990 with a 4.76 ERA.

Ron Robinson
The Creature appeared in almost as many games as Keith Brown, as he saw 6 games for the 1990 REDS before being traded to Milwaukee with Bob Sebra for Billy Bates and Glenn Braggs. I guess we can give thanks to Ron for helping to get the guys who made the spectacular catch in the NLCS game 6 off of Martinez and scored the winning run in WS game 2.

NJReds
07-13-2010, 08:38 AM
MC Hammer and a Chris Sabo bobblehead? Almost too much to comprehend.

Sounds like a great weekend, wish I could be there.

Big Klu
07-14-2010, 03:02 PM
Also gotta wonder how many men can claim to have hit safely in their last MLB at-bat (Paul Noce, Ted Williams, etc, etc).

Billy Bates is one. :thumbup:

GAC
07-14-2010, 06:00 PM
Chip and I shall be there. :thumbup:

macro
07-15-2010, 02:11 AM
How big are the crowds? Do you get a chance to meet every player there, or are the lines so long for some that you have to pick and choose? How many players can you expect to actually meet on a given day?

_Sir_Charles_
07-15-2010, 04:20 PM
Somebody remind me, who are the inductees this year? Spuds is one IIRC.

redhawkfish
07-15-2010, 04:58 PM
Sabo, Pedro Borbon, and Tony Mullane

_Sir_Charles_
07-15-2010, 05:04 PM
Thanks.

westofyou
07-15-2010, 06:46 PM
Sabo, Pedro Borbon, and Tony Mullane

"The Apollo of the Box"

TheNext44
07-15-2010, 09:31 PM
<sarcasm, just sarcasm> 3 of the 13 guys appearing from that 1990 team...

Paul Noce
Anyone remember Paul? Had one AB in 1990 and got a hit. 1-for-1 (a single) for the year. That was his last MLB at-bat. OPS as a REDS player = 2.000. The real question... did he get a WS ring?!? Also gotta wonder how many men can claim to have hit safely in their last MLB at-bat (Paul Noce, Ted Williams, etc, etc).

Keith Brown
25 career MLB games (all with the REDs in 4 seasons). Appeared in a grand total of 8 games (11.1 IP) in 1990 with a 4.76 ERA.

Ron Robinson
The Creature appeared in almost as many games as Keith Brown, as he saw 6 games for the 1990 REDS before being traded to Milwaukee with Bob Sebra for Billy Bates and Glenn Braggs. I guess we can give thanks to Ron for helping to get the guys who made the spectacular catch in the NLCS game 6 off of Martinez and scored the winning run in WS game 2.

I believe everyone associated with the team got a ring of some sort, and most teams have different levels of rings, depending on what role you played. The big issue was how big of a World Series Share did he get? That's always been some serious money, with a full share probably more than Noce made the whole year.

That Robinson trade was a very important piece of the 1990 season. Braggs was one of the league's best 4th outfielders with a .385 OBP and a .828 OPS that season for the Reds. They might not have won it without him.

As for Robinson, he had a nice Reds career, pitching in both relief and starting, over 200 games and a 3.50 ERA. One of the few first round picks of the Reds that was productive.

Here's a pic of TC, True Creature, as Rose nicknamed him, signing Autographs this spring next to George Foster.

TheNext44
07-17-2010, 07:19 PM
My best memory of Pedro Borbon is back in 1979, his last season with the Reds.

Living in St. Louis, I used to buy tickets to the Reds games in the seats in the front row right behind where the Reds bullpen would sit, when the pen was still on the field.

Around the the 6th inning of one game, Borbon leaned back and asked me to go get him a hot dog and a coke. Being a star struck 13 year old, I jumped at the chance and sprinted to the concession stand and brought back a hot dog and a coke. He paid me with a warm up ball, and snuck the dog and coke into the pockets of his jacket and eat it when no one was looking.

Maybe that was his secret for being able to pitch so often?