PDA

View Full Version : Jon Adkins released on Sunday, July 11, 2010

robmadden1
07-13-2010, 12:33 AM
From twitter: Wanted to let all my tweeps know that Sun after the gm, the Reds released me, they need my innings so they can move guys...in WV chillin now

My agent is workin on finding me a job as we speak....keep ur fingers crossed that I find a good place to land...thanks for the support

http://twitter.com/jonadkinsWV

GIDP
07-13-2010, 12:39 AM
Hope he gets picked up. Seems like a nice guy but has had a terrible year.

bubbachunk
07-13-2010, 12:40 AM
Probably about time, he blew a ton of games.

GOYA
07-13-2010, 01:50 AM
Probably about time, he blew a ton of games.

The Bats would hardly have a bullpen at all if that's all it took.

But yes, It's time to give someone else a chance.

zjr1717
07-13-2010, 04:17 AM
Its been nice to see a transition over the last few years from having so many journeymen guys in AAA to having mostly prospect and a few organizational soldier types. Adkins has bounced around quite a bit in his career though, hopefully he can catch on somewhere, keep on livin the dream...

Degenerate39
07-16-2010, 01:57 AM
Who's the new closer?

davereds24
07-16-2010, 02:53 AM
Who's the new closer?

Fisher

camisadelgolf
07-16-2010, 01:22 PM
In the not-so-distant past, many of us here at RedsZone dreaded days in which the Reds signed journeyman minor leaguers like Jon Adkins, Scott Sauerbeck, Paul Bako, Adam Pettyjohn, etc. because it usually meant that they would play for an extended period for the Reds while available upgrades were toiling in AAA. But to Jocketty's credit, he has shown that if the guys aren't performing, he's willing to part with them (Adkins, Chris Burke, Josh Anderson, Ron Flores, Jacque Jones, Aaron Fultz, et al). Time will tell if this regime can lead the Reds into being perennial contenders, but one thing is for sure: this is a heck of a lot better than the days of JimBo and DanO.