PDA

View Full Version : NL all Star Starting lineup. Redsless.....

bgwilly31
07-13-2010, 12:36 PM
Just checked out the starting lineup and sure enough Zero reds are starting.

What a joke.

Biggest joke being Brandon Phillips riding the pine over Martin Prado. :thumbdown

David Wright over Rolen

Ryan howard Over Joey Votto

The Voice of IH
07-13-2010, 12:55 PM
Howard DHing over Votto is a HUGE joke....Wright got voted in, and Phillps def should be starting.

SidneySlicker
07-13-2010, 12:57 PM
I wouldn't get too worked up over a glorified exhibition game (which is really all it is). They'll each get a chance to contribute I'd guess.

bshall2105
07-13-2010, 12:59 PM
You guys do realize that the only starter that Manuel got to pick was the DH right? The people that get voted in are the ones that start.

GIDP
07-13-2010, 01:01 PM
You guys do realize that the only starter that Manuel got to pick was the DH right? The people that get voted in are the ones that start.

He got the pick the 2nd baseman and one of the OF I think due to injuries.

Still being said nothing I care less about than who is starting the AS game.

brm7675
07-13-2010, 01:01 PM
i hope none of them play, let them soak in the fun, but especially Rolen his body needs the rest and i don't want to risk any injury.

bgwilly31
07-13-2010, 01:13 PM
I was unaware the amount of votes decide the starting lineup as well.

Still unfortunate.

And if the DH was up to manuel its bad enough he picked howard over votto. But starting over votto as well. Is just a joke.

The stats are overwhelming in Vottos favor.

ILoveWilly
07-13-2010, 01:14 PM
I rather them not start myself, it gives one of them a chance to be a hero later in the game when its like 0-0 or 1-1 for the first 6 innings.

brm7675
07-13-2010, 01:18 PM

Still unfortunate.

And if the DH was up to manuel its bad enough he picked howard over votto. But starting over votto as well. Is just a joke.

The stats are overwhelming in Vottos favor.

Whom does Howard play for? That's all that matters...

KOBasinger
07-13-2010, 02:40 PM
I expected Wright over Rolen..Wright is having a stud year..Thought for sure BP and Votto would be starting though.

couch_manager
07-13-2010, 02:53 PM
Manuel said he started Howard because he's his guy, he's got more than 100 AB's against lefthanders and can hit them, and has 65 RBI's.

Looking at his stats, they've all got more than 100 AB's and he hits the worst of the three first basemen against lefthanders: .244 vs. Votto's .250 and Gonzalez's .330.

I wish he'd stop with the baloney and just say he's his guy.

krm1580
07-13-2010, 03:04 PM
Just checked out the starting lineup and sure enough Zero reds are starting.

What a joke.

Biggest joke being Brandon Phillips riding the pine over Martin Prado. :thumbdown

David Wright over Rolen

Ryan howard Over Joey Votto

Hey I understand you want to see Reds in the All-Star game but I am confused by what you consider to be aggregious oversites.

Prado and Phillips have very similar stats with Prado having a higher Avg, OBP, SLG and OPS while playing half his games in a much less hitter friendly park.

Wright has better number across the board than Rolen except in SLG, again with half his games in a much less hitter friendly park.

Votto is the only guy that is clearly better than the guy in front of him but is on the bench due to favoritism. While it may be unfair, I am sure if roles were reversed Dusty Baker would take Votto over Ryan and very few people here would be killing Dusty for being a homer so I won't be a hypocrite and kill Charlie Manuel for the same thing.

Jack Burton
07-13-2010, 03:13 PM
Not a big deal, they'll get their playing time. And if they don't, even better.

bshall2105
07-13-2010, 03:40 PM
He got the pick the 2nd baseman and one of the OF I think due to injuries.

Still being said nothing I care less about than who is starting the AS game.

Even if he did Prado is having a better year than BP and we have noone in the outfield. It doesn't matter though.

Kiss the Baby00
07-13-2010, 03:44 PM

how can you not know this and yet make a thread complaining about who is starter. LOL, what is the fan voting just for kicks?

redsfan_12
07-13-2010, 03:49 PM
[QUOTE=

I wish he'd stop with the baloney and just say he's his guy.[/QUOTE]

Me too :thumbup:

1990REDS
07-13-2010, 04:20 PM
I would actually prefer if none of them even saw the field. in fact i would rather them be at thier homes, relaxing and resting for the 3 days off. ecspecially rhodes and rolen. im more worried about the rest of the season than the allstar game.

Fon Duc Tow
07-13-2010, 04:39 PM
I hope none of them play, especially Rolen.

Reds
07-13-2010, 08:30 PM
I hope none of them play, especially Rolen.

I hope Rhodes comes into the game for an out, I know it would mean a lot to him.