PDA

View Full Version : Larkin and Casey are Tremendous on MLB Network

reds1869
07-13-2010, 06:18 PM
Could there be any more of a contrast between the broadcast team on MLB Network and the foolishness that ESPN trots out? MLBN has had better coverage of batting practice this afternoon than ESPN does of actual games. Larkin, Casey, Vasgersian et al are wonderful. Larkin and Casey make me proud to be a Reds fan!

Redsfan320
07-13-2010, 06:20 PM
Yes they are.

BTW, am I the only one who just got RZ back after seeing it as being down since ~5?

BCubb2003
07-13-2010, 06:24 PM
Yes they are.

BTW, am I the only one who just got RZ back after seeing it as being down since ~5?

I also had trouble getting it to show up. Thought maybe a huge trade crashed it.

NDRed
07-13-2010, 06:24 PM
Me too..I was on all the trade rumer sites but nothing......

_Sir_Charles_
07-13-2010, 06:27 PM
Probably a good time of the year for site maintenance.

Reds1
07-13-2010, 07:35 PM
Can't wait to get this channel when we swap to direct tv

RBA
07-13-2010, 07:53 PM
I have the channel on almost every night. IMO it's better than having the Extra Innings package, because they take you to the action as it's happening on most night. I don't have to constantly turn the channel looking for the action.

Captain Hook
07-13-2010, 08:24 PM
I am one of the unlucky ones they doesn't get it.Thinking of switching to AT&Ts cable service.Anyone know if they carry it?

*BaseClogger*
07-13-2010, 08:34 PM
I am one of the unlucky ones they doesn't get it.Thinking of switching to AT&Ts cable service.Anyone know if they carry it?

Their satellite service? If so, they do not. We're waiting on them to add it before we make the switch...

OnBaseMachine
07-14-2010, 01:00 AM
Casey and Larkin are a joy to watch. My TV pretty much stays on MLB Network all the time except for when the Reds are playing. I don't know what I would do without that channel.

Ron Madden
07-14-2010, 03:04 AM
The MLB Network is head and shoulders above ESPN and should be included in all basic cable or satellite packages.

cumberlandreds
07-14-2010, 07:03 AM
I just switched to DirecTV just over a month ago and agree that MLB Network's coverage is light years away better than ESPN. I don't even turn over to ESPN's coverage of Baseball Tonight anymore. Just no comparison between the two.

FYI,There is a free preview of MLB Extra Innings on DirecTV starting Thursday and running until July 21st.

Reds1
07-14-2010, 08:17 AM
makes me even more excited for the switch. Not sure why dish can't work out an agreement with mbl network.

cumberlandreds
07-14-2010, 09:14 AM
makes me even more excited for the switch. Not sure why dish can't work out an agreement with mbl network.

They are too cheap. They didn't want to pay the price to carry MLBEI or MLB Network. That was one reason among many that I switched to DTV.

HotCorner
07-14-2010, 09:34 AM
I've been with DTV for 10 years. In the past year, they have offered me the NFL Ticket and MLB Extra Innings at no additional cost.

I agree that the MLB Network is so much better than ESPN. They actually cover all of baseball - not just the northeast. ;)

cumberlandreds
07-14-2010, 10:59 AM
I've been with DTV for 10 years. In the past year, they have offered me the NFL Ticket and MLB Extra Innings at no additional cost.

I agree that the MLB Network is so much better than ESPN. They actually cover all of baseball - not just the northeast. ;)

Wow! That's great. I've read they give out loyalty gifts. DISH never did that. I was with them for 9 years and all I could get out of them was a free PPV movie or two. :rolleyes:

reds1869
07-14-2010, 11:04 AM
Wow! That's great. I've read they give out loyalty gifts. DISH never did that. I was with them for 9 years and all I could get out of them was a free PPV movie or two. :rolleyes:

All Dish gave me was a big bill when I left. My Time Warner customer service actually seems great when compared to Dish!

Brutus
07-14-2010, 12:11 PM
I like MLB Network a lot. In fairness though, they exist to cover MLB exclusively, so I would expect nothing less than their coverage being more intensive than ESPN's.