PDA

View Full Version : In the second half, what do you hope to see?

KOBasinger
07-14-2010, 01:53 PM
A couple things:

-Janish gets more PT over Cabrera.
-Volquez come back and be productive
-Chapman replace Cordero as closer
-Jared Burton anyone?

redsfan_12
07-14-2010, 01:56 PM
Chapman replaces Coco? He allows more walks than Coco. lol.

brm7675
07-14-2010, 01:57 PM
Keys to second half;

Of 72 games left, Reds must win 39-44 of those game to win division
Of 72 games left, Reds must win 35-40 of those to have a shot at WC

Rolen must play and play well in 55-60 of those games
Janish needs to see playing time at 2nd/SS at least in 30-35 games
Volquez must come up and be productive: ERA under 4, avg 6 inning per outing
Co-Co/Massett must return to 2009 form
Heisey must see at least action in 30-35 games
Votto/Phillips must continue at present pace

KOBasinger
07-14-2010, 01:58 PM
Chapman replaces Coco? He allows more walks than Coco. lol.

I'm talking about in September/October. I think Chapman will be ready by then.

and I meant to add Heisey to the list. Wanna see more out of him.

redsfan_12
07-14-2010, 01:59 PM
Id like to see Heisey in more too.

texasdave
07-14-2010, 02:01 PM
I'd like to see Jay Bruce emerge. He has too much talent to be scuffling along like he is.

sivman17
07-14-2010, 02:01 PM
I have doubts that we will see Chapman in the bigs this season. He has struggled in the bullpen in AAA.
I would like to see something done with the bullpen, though. Hopefully Rhodes doesn't lose steam. I would like to see Joseph Krebs come up to the bullpen (0.73 ERA, 12.1 IP, 3 H in AAA).
I want to see Volquez, Cueto, Leake, and Arroyo dominate in the 2nd half. If Wood pitches like he just did, then our starting pitching could be very solid.

BurgervilleBuck
07-14-2010, 02:22 PM
I would like to see Masset and Cordero stabilize and return to 2009 form.

Fewer mistakes from Stubbs.

Better at bats for Bruce. He needs to stop looking so lost at the plate.

R_Webb18
07-14-2010, 02:27 PM
i doubt chapman is going to be a closer

Orodle
07-14-2010, 02:32 PM
-Rolen needs to start swinging again

-CoCo needs to be half way decent

-BRUUUUCE needs to emerge

-Chapman becomes the most dominant middle reliever in baseball (just throw strikes please)

-Volquez is at or atleast close to old form.

vottofan4life
07-14-2010, 02:47 PM
what about acquiring kerry wood and fausto carmona for drew stubbs, matt maloney, enerio del rosario, and another prospect...
and maybe acqiring corey hart for homer bailey..

just some trade thoughts that could happen but i'm still looking for that trade with the royals or dbacks

brm7675
07-14-2010, 03:31 PM
what about acquiring kerry wood and fausto carmona for drew stubbs, matt maloney, enerio del rosario, and another prospect...
and maybe acqiring corey hart for homer bailey..

just some trade thoughts that could happen but i'm still looking for that trade with the royals or dbacks

The point of making trades is to upgrade what you have, I don't see how any of those we add are better then what is already here and you are giving up on Stubbs awful early.

brm7675
07-14-2010, 03:33 PM

The two players we would want from either of those teams will command alot more in prospects then Walt is going to be willing to give up. Again i don't personally see anyone out there that Walt will go 'after', I see a minor deal or two happening with no big names involved or major minor leagues involved.

Fon Duc Tow
07-14-2010, 04:12 PM
Coco will cost the Reds the playoffs if they don't find another option.

brm7675
07-14-2010, 04:21 PM
Coco will cost the Reds the playoffs if they don't find another option.

We have another option already on the team, but Dusty won't turn away from Co-Co, he is a players manager. Co-Co is the da man for the rest of the season no matter what...:thumbdown

KOBasinger
07-14-2010, 04:40 PM
We have another option already on the team, but Dusty won't turn away from Co-Co, he is a players manager. Co-Co is the da man for the rest of the season no matter what...:thumbdown

Rhodes?

brm7675
07-14-2010, 04:43 PM
Rhodes?

Rhodes would work, I would even consider Logan O with how he has pitched since getting recalled. Right now Co-Co doesn't have it.

KOBasinger
07-14-2010, 05:01 PM
Rhodes would work, I would even consider Logan O with how he has pitched since getting recalled. Right now Co-Co doesn't have it.

I'd take Rhodes or Bray over Cordero

flash
07-14-2010, 06:27 PM
The Reds need to get another shortstop. Go After the Yankees prospect. They cannot let Cabrera stay in the #2 slot with his on base percentage. The Reds have been on the losing end of 4 1-0 scores. With eight more runs the Reds would have been 5 games up at this point. They need to be able to manufacture a run. Right now they have to rely too much on the home run or big hit.

Play Heisey more.

Hannigan needs to come back big. Miller may be a better game caller, but the Reds need Hannigan's offense.

Someone needs to step up in the bull pen. Rhodes is fading and so is Cordero.

Call up every pitcher on the 40 man roster in September. Prepare for the playoffs and make sure every pitcher is rested.

brm7675
07-14-2010, 06:47 PM
The Reds need to get another shortstop. Go After the Yankees prospect. They cannot let Cabrera stay in the #2 slot with his on base percentage. The Reds have been on the losing end of 4 1-0 scores. With eight more runs the Reds would have been 5 games up at this point. They need to be able to manufacture a run. Right now they have to rely too much on the home run or big hit.

Play Heisey more.

Hannigan needs to come back big. Miller may be a better game caller, but the Reds need Hannigan's offense.

Someone needs to step up in the bull pen. Rhodes is fading and so is Cordero.

Call up every pitcher on the 40 man roster in September. Prepare for the playoffs and make sure every pitcher is rested.

Reds signed Orlando, they are not going to go after another SS and Dusty won't sit him and he will continue to bat either 1st or second.

Dusty manages like he played, play for the big inning.

Once Ramon is healthy he will get the majority of starts and Miller will be back in AAA.

How has Rhodes faded? His only two bad outings were vs. the Phils.

bshall2105
07-14-2010, 07:43 PM
Reds signed Orlando, they are not going to go after another SS and Dusty won't sit him and he will continue to bat either 1st or second.

Dusty manages like he played, play for the big inning.

Once Ramon is healthy he will get the majority of starts and Miller will be back in AAA.

How has Rhodes faded? His only two bad outings were vs. the Phils.

This doesn't explain all of the sac bunts we've been seeing lately.