PDA

View Full Version : During All Star game, did anyone notice....?

TStuck
07-14-2010, 02:33 PM
.....how high Charlie Manuel had his pants hiked up. Good gracious!!!! Had to have had his belt wrapped around his rib cage!:jump:
Helped me to get past that initial feeling of boiling acid in my stomach - I'm still steamed at him leaving Joey off the original roster. Then when I saw that Howard was in the starting lineup at DH, I almost exploded. Then I saw Charlie's pants......and it was all better. I'll laugh my rear off at him forevermore!!!!:laugh:

Hey Meat
07-14-2010, 02:37 PM
.....how high Charlie Manuel had his pants hiked up. Good gracious!!!! Had to have had his belt wrapped around his rib cage!:jump:
Helped me to get past that initial feeling of boiling acid in my stomach - I'm still steamed at him leaving Joey off the original roster. Then when I saw that Howard was in the starting lineup at DH, I almost exploded. Then I saw Charlie's pants......and it was all better. I'll laugh my rear off at him forevermore!!!!:laugh:

You weren't boiling to see two Brewers and Cardinals starting over our guys? I was, but it all worked out. Seriously doubt that the aforementioned would have been involved in a late innings run.

TStuck
07-14-2010, 02:40 PM
Yeah...those things didn't make me real happy either, but Charlie and "his guy" was the focus of my greatest hostility. Loved that Rolen got the winning rally started!!:thumbup:

BigPoppa
07-14-2010, 02:40 PM
I noticed at the presser Monday, Charlie couldn't pronounce any of his starters' names.

BigPoppa
07-14-2010, 02:41 PM
Loved that Rolen got the winning rally started!!:thumbup:

Me too, but I was scared to death when he slid head first into third base :pray:

TStuck
07-14-2010, 02:52 PM
Speaking of being scared of injury.....When Braun made the diving catch in left field, did anyone else have flashbacks of Jay Bruce's wrist injury last year? He really bent it back and under him when he hit the ground. I seriously was waiting for him to get up holding a sprained or broken wrist.:eek:

BigPoppa
07-14-2010, 02:56 PM
Speaking of being scared of injury.....When Braun made the diving catch in left field, did anyone else have flashbacks of Jay Bruce's wrist injury last year? He really bent it back and under him when he hit the ground. I seriously was waiting for him to get up holding a sprained or broken wrist.:eek:

Yessir. That was the first thing that went through my mind - Jay Bruce at CitiField. I expected that wrist to be dangling like spaghetti when he got up.

1990REDS
07-14-2010, 04:13 PM

i actually first noticed this in our last series against the phils when he was walkin out to the mound. looks rediculous.

BigJohn
07-14-2010, 09:13 PM
Like this look better?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/20/Charlie_Manuel.jpg/250px-Charlie_Manuel.jpg