PDA

View Full Version : Shut up, butt munch

15fan
07-14-2010, 08:34 PM
http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/tv/they_re_back_PZVN8lcKHQYVIYx3xAJRtM

7/14/10.

Quite possibly the most awesomest day in the history of the universe.

WVRed
07-14-2010, 08:57 PM
http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/tv/they_re_back_PZVN8lcKHQYVIYx3xAJRtM

7/14/10.

Quite possibly the most awesomest day in the history of the universe.

Definitely made my day.

Redhook
07-14-2010, 09:19 PM
That's great. I loved that show. Can't wait to see some new episodes.

Joseph
07-14-2010, 10:08 PM
Butthead: Check it out. It's that Kaopectate--

Beavis: Oh yeah, that stuff is terrible. It like is expensive, and tastes terrible, and it doesn't work. It says it's for diarrhea, and I drank a whole bottle, but I never got diarrhea--

Butthead: Beavis--

Beavis: Then a week later, this brick pooped out of my butt. It was all hard and black. I can show it to you if you want.

Butthead: You still have it?

Beavis: Sure. I keep it in my sock drawer.

Butthead: Beavis, you're just joking right?

Beavis: Ummmm yeah I mean ummmm no.

Butthead: Beavis, I'm just gonna pretend I didn't hear any of this.

macro
07-15-2010, 02:16 AM
Great news to hear that these two will return to MTV, and that music videos will return to MTV. Who would have thunk?

I recorded every single episode of Beavis and Butt-Head on VHS and then re-recorded to a second VCR, editing out all the commercials. I also made a numbered list of the episodes with their titles. There were about 150- 175 of them, if I recall correctly. Those tapes are stored away somewhere. I'd liked to have converted them to DVD, but with a wife, three kids, and everything else going on, it was just too much time to invest. Quite a stark contrast from the mid-90s, when I had nothing better to do. :laugh:

Nachos rule! They rule!!

Sean_CaseyRules
07-15-2010, 02:16 AM
Hell. Yes.

savafan
07-15-2010, 12:34 PM
All of a sudden, the spot on deadly accurate impressions I can do of these two are relevant again. I'm gonna score with some chicks!

Caveat Emperor
07-15-2010, 12:39 PM
As long as they watch & comment on music videos, I'm completely in favor of this.

KOBasinger
07-15-2010, 12:43 PM
Awesome news. Love the show. When is it going to premiere? I didn't see an exact date.

Cedric
07-15-2010, 01:06 PM
Literally made my day.. I can't wait for Van Driessen and coach Buzzcut.

I got 2/1 odds that Butthead loves Lady Gaga.

WMR
07-15-2010, 02:58 PM
My god I love Beavis and Butthead.

reds1869
07-15-2010, 03:01 PM
Tom Anderson says God Bless America!

Joseph
07-15-2010, 03:48 PM
Tom Anderson says God Bless America!

dont you mean the original Hank Hill?

reds1869
07-16-2010, 05:50 PM
dont you mean the original Hank Hill?

Yup!

redsfanmia
07-16-2010, 07:06 PM
I love Beavis and Butthead but this is a terrible ideal. What channel are they going to watch music video's on? VH-1 classic during 80's hour? The new episodes will fall flat and will not find an audience beyond those hardcore fans(which I am one) and then will be unceremoniously canceled.

couch_manager
07-16-2010, 07:37 PM
I love Beavis and Butthead but this is a terrible ideal. What channel are they going to watch music video's on? VH-1 classic during 80's hour? The new episodes will fall flat and will not find an audience beyond those hardcore fans(which I am one) and then will be unceremoniously canceled.

The idea is that along with Beavis & Butthead, they're going to bring music videos back to MTV. I welcome the change. I've had enough of reality (:thumbdown) TV.

Joseph
07-16-2010, 07:43 PM
I hope on some levels but then again does it really matter if its just all Katy Perry and Lady Gaga?

kaldaniels
07-17-2010, 12:26 AM
I hope on some levels but then again does it really matter if its just all Katy Perry and Lady Gaga?

True. A lot of the videos they watched in the 90's were totally obscure. In the manufactured MTV of the 10's, I wonder if MTV will in someway ($$$) dictate the videos shown.

savafan
07-17-2010, 03:13 PM
You have to remember the formula for how Beavis and Butthead worked. These 2 kids are "metal heads". They would pan the pop videos of the time as saying they sucked, but then come across a video for Faith No More, Soundgarden or Ozzy, and let the headbanging begin. Mike Judge knows his formula, I doubt he's going to change it.

WMR
07-17-2010, 03:18 PM
I wonder if any time will have passed in the B&B universe or if he'll step right back into where they were?

reds1869
07-17-2010, 03:28 PM
I wonder if any time will have passed in the B&B universe or if he'll step right back into where they were?

I always picture them out of time like all of Judge's other creations. The Simpsons, King of the Hill, etc. have always been sort of frozen in no particular era.

Yachtzee
07-17-2010, 06:32 PM
I wonder if B&B will take whacks at some of the reality shows MTV puts on.

KronoRed
07-17-2010, 11:38 PM

If they are shown as being near 30 still doing the same thing that would be more sad then funny ;)

WMR
07-17-2010, 11:48 PM
If they are shown as being near 30 still doing the same thing that would be more sad then funny ;)

Haha. :D Maybe a good nightmare sequence or something.

I was thinking more along the lines of maybe like the next grade up in school or something... you know, give yourself license to make it fresh, but still adhere to the original formula.

couch_manager
07-17-2010, 11:54 PM

True :scared: Let us :pray:. I could do without TRL also.

I always picture them out of time like all of Judge's other creations. The Simpsons, King of the Hill, etc. have always been sort of frozen in no particular era.

From what I've read, they're still going to be the same age. But I imagine they'll now have cellphones. ;)

savafan
07-18-2010, 12:15 AM
From what I've read, they're still going to be the same age. But I imagine they'll now have cellphones. ;)

You honestly think those two could figure out a cell phone? Do you not remember them washing the dog? ;)

couch_manager
07-18-2010, 12:26 AM
You honestly think those two could figure out a cell phone? Do you not remember them washing the dog? ;)

:clap: True...I forgot that episode! But I've seen their real life counterparts in public use them. :dunno:

RFS62
07-19-2010, 07:53 AM
I could see them doing a Mystery Science Theater kind of thing with music videos

Chip R
07-19-2010, 08:57 AM
I could see them doing a Mystery Science Theater kind of thing with music videos

Ummm, isn't that what they did in the first place?

WVRed
07-19-2010, 10:23 AM

For some reason, I see this in the same light as the CW bringing back Melrose Place and 90210. Restarting popular shows to appeal to a certain demographic, but trying to add the pop culture flair of today to make it more appealing, and it doesn't work.

I always enjoyed Beavis and Butthead more than King of the Hill (interest started to wane after the kids started hitting puberty except Bobby).

redsfanmia
07-19-2010, 11:14 AM
For some reason, I see this in the same light as the CW bringing back Melrose Place and 90210. Restarting popular shows to appeal to a certain demographic, but trying to add the pop culture flair of today to make it more appealing, and it doesn't work.

I always enjoyed Beavis and Butthead more than King of the Hill (interest started to wane after the kids started hitting puberty except Bobby).

Other than Family Guy has there been a "restart" of a show that worked? Are all the original ideals gone? I love Beavis and Butthead but the niche time for the shows success has come and gone and restarting it will only damage its glorious past IMO.

macro
07-19-2010, 11:25 AM
Since we're on the subject, Hawaii Five-O is coming back this fall.

GoReds
07-19-2010, 11:49 AM
It'd be cool to have them get caught in a time warp and forwarded to our current time. Imagine them trying to figure out an iPod or iPad or a smart car.

Caveat Emperor
07-19-2010, 01:48 PM
Other than Family Guy has there been a "restart" of a show that worked? Are all the original ideals gone? I love Beavis and Butthead but the niche time for the shows success has come and gone and restarting it will only damage its glorious past IMO.

New "Futurama" episodes on Comedy Central have, thus far, been every bit as funny as the originals IMO. I think cartoons and animated shows are a notable exception to this general rule -- mostly because you can just re-assemble voice actors and animate the characters the same way as in the past.

Yachtzee
07-19-2010, 05:10 PM
New "Futurama" episodes on Comedy Central have, thus far, been every bit as funny as the originals IMO. I think cartoons and animated shows are a notable exception to this general rule -- mostly because you can just re-assemble voice actors and animate the characters the same way as in the past.

Assuming you can get the same creative talent behind the show on board. I can recall some of the reboots Hanna Barbera did with some of their cartoons that were dreadful, what with new writers and new voice talent. And let's not forget the whole "Let's add a cute little cousin, or make them all kids or babies" spin. Although I must say, the idea of Beavis and Butthead running into Don Knotts or Phyllis Diller would be kind of funny.

redsfanmia
07-19-2010, 05:28 PM

I have liked the few new Futurama episodes that I have watched so there is hope. I see this more as "New WKRP in Cincinnati" bad though.

savafan
07-19-2010, 05:54 PM

Don't judge me, but I'll go ahead and admit that I was a fan of The New Leave It To Beaver.

Also, V seems to be doing pretty well so far.

KronoRed
07-19-2010, 06:15 PM
New "Futurama" episodes on Comedy Central have, thus far, been every bit as funny as the originals IMO

I've had the opposite reaction so far, they seem way off to me, almost as if they are trying to write for the type of humor that Comedy Central usually goes for in their shows.

15fan
07-22-2011, 09:07 AM
Yes!

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/07/21/beavis-and-butthead-video/

Joseph
07-22-2011, 06:42 PM
Oh thats just terrific.

kpresidente
07-23-2011, 05:34 PM
Ugh. Beavis and Butthead represent the degeneration of society. Seriously.

Contrast them with Southpark, which started out similarly getting laughs via shock value, but matured with it's creators.

WVRed
10-26-2011, 11:07 PM
New episodes start tomorrow night. Can't wait.

dougdirt
10-27-2011, 12:54 AM
New episodes start tomorrow night. Can't wait.

The show that comes on after it, Good Vibes, is going to feature music from my friends band The Dopamines. Kind of stoked on that.

Redsfaithful
10-27-2011, 01:04 PM
Pretty excited for tonight. Hope they go heavy on the music videos, not so heavy on the other MTV programming commentary like I've read they are going to do.

The music video commentary from the original story has aged tremendously well. I'd recommend anyone going to YouTube and looking some of them up.

PedroBourbon
10-27-2011, 01:13 PM
Pretty excited for tonight. Hope they go heavy on the music videos, not so heavy on the other MTV programming commentary like I've read they are going to do.

Mike Judge was on Stern last week and at least to me implied that it was going to be more about the reality series than music videos. This was due to the decreased number of music videos and the fact that MTV is more about the TV shows than the video's anymore.

All the clips on B & B website were reality TV based. The one where he calls Snookie on the phone is hilarious.

*BaseClogger*
10-27-2011, 09:14 PM
The music video commentary from the original story has aged tremendously well. I'd recommend anyone going to YouTube and looking some of them up.

I've seen a few and they are indeed hilarious, but there aren't many on YouTube are there?

Sea Ray
10-28-2011, 11:26 AM
What's the schedule for the new show? Is it on once a week?

Redsfaithful
10-28-2011, 11:46 AM
I've seen a few and they are indeed hilarious, but there aren't many on YouTube are there?

It helps if you know what you are looking for. This is my favorite of all time:

Beavis and Butthead watch Radiohead (Creep) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLPrw5aKDoQ)

Lot more in the related videos.

WVRed
10-28-2011, 01:33 PM
What's the schedule for the new show? Is it on once a week?

Thursday at 10 PM

TRF
10-28-2011, 02:30 PM
recorded it, watched the first 15 minutes.

epic. win.

redsfanmia
10-29-2011, 04:12 PM
Mike Judge is a genius

Hap
10-29-2011, 09:31 PM
I still laugh myself to tears when watching the scene from No Laughing (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Laughing_%28Beavis_and_Butt-head%29) when Mr. Buzzcut shouts sex-ed terms at them when they will be expelled if they laugh.