PDA

View Full Version : The Cards in the 2nd half

Magdal
07-15-2010, 10:10 AM
If they get a good starter before the trade deadline it will be tuff to beat them.....since they lost their 4 and 5 starters a month ago they have still played .500 ball.

They lost their # 2 rbi man Ludwick for a month and the .300 hirring Freese for 3 weeks...Molina has been awful and the great Carpenter has been awful in his last 3 starts.

They need a #4 starter...really bad. If they get Harren it will be all over for the NL Central.

The Reds have a way better offence and defence, but the pen is suspect.

The F.O. MUST make a move.

brm7675
07-15-2010, 10:23 AM
If they get a good starter before the trade deadline it will be tuff to beat them.....since they lost their 4 and 5 starters a month ago they have still played .500 ball.

They lost their # 2 rbi man Ludwick for a month and the .300 hirring Freese for 3 weeks...Molina has been awful and the great Carpenter has been awful in his last 3 starts.

They need a #4 starter...really bad. If they get Harren it will be all over for the NL Central.

I don't agree...

texasdave
07-15-2010, 10:41 AM
Magdal wants a move and Walt hops on the phone. The result - Russ Springer. Magdal has some major juice in the organization. :)

KOBasinger
07-15-2010, 10:42 AM
I hate when people spell offense "offence" and defense "defence"

Just sayin'

Magdal
07-15-2010, 10:53 AM
Magdal wants a move and Walt hops on the phone. The result - Russ Springer. Magdal has some major juice in the organization. :)Very mean, Tex....I thought you were my guy.

I DO want a move....Walt needs to get a good starter signed.

BigPoppa
07-15-2010, 04:18 PM

Just sayin'

+ 1...............move to Britain if you want to do that :p:

freestyle55
07-15-2010, 04:54 PM
They're going to have the same issue with Jaime Garcia that we do with Mike Leake (he only pitched like 40 innings last year due to injury), but they don't (as far as I know) have the Travis Wood/Matt Maloney types waiting in the wings...

Assuming this team brings the bats home from New York (since apparently they didn't make the Philly trip), I like our chances for the first time in a really long time...

that being said, I'm sure I just jinxed them...

sabometrics
07-15-2010, 09:09 PM
LaRussa can't afford to baby Garcia's arm, he's going to ride him hard, and Garcia's pace is bound to slow down eventually.

AintlifeGrande
07-15-2010, 09:24 PM
Magdal wants a move and Walt hops on the phone. The result - Russ Springer. Magdal has some major juice in the organization. :)

Hilarious!

Rijo's Ghost
07-16-2010, 01:32 AM
Why does Magdal want the Reds to make a move? He claims to be a Cardinals and Cubs fan.

Rijo's Ghost
07-16-2010, 01:32 AM
http://www.northsidebaseball.com/forum/topic?f=29&t=57293&p=2424593#p2424593

hmmm...

freestyle55
07-16-2010, 01:54 PM
LaRussa can't afford to baby Garcia's arm, he's going to ride him hard, and Garcia's pace is bound to slow down eventually.
Which is only going to help us in the future when he goes out with an inevitable arm injury...

Magdal
07-16-2010, 03:49 PM
Why does Magdal want the Reds to make a move? He claims to be a Cardinals and Cubs fan.If you had not noticed, I'm sick of the LaRussa era Cards. Since they are gonna lose whether I root for them or not, it makes little difference.

I'm not a REAL Cub fan but I was sure rooting for them last year. This year they just suck so I have lost interest. The Reds are exiting and due. If they win the Central that's just fine with me. If they falter and drop out of the picture I will lose interest in them too. But I REALLY don't see that happening.

Have a nice day Rijo, and enjoy the wasteland that is NSBB. Oh...and try to get a life.

bounty37h
07-16-2010, 03:56 PM
^Get a life says the guy who appears to jump from bandwagon to bandwagon each year?

Magdal
07-16-2010, 04:25 PM
^Get a life says the guy who appears to jump from bandwagon to bandwagon each year?What do you care what wagon I'm riding? I can't root for a team that I can't follow on TV or radio. My sympathy for the Cubs was exausted when they were all but dropped on WGN.

I get Reds games now for the 1st time with my new TV carrier and I like what they are doing. I hope I have your permission to root as I see fit.

Fullboat
07-16-2010, 04:38 PM

Just sayin'

Football is to blame.People see the big D and the fence fans hold up.:D

brm7675
07-16-2010, 04:41 PM
isn't that like posting a "K" when you "S"trike someone out?

Fullboat
07-16-2010, 04:43 PM

I don't agree we that either.The Cards D is extremely suspect and
their hitting with runners in scoring position is bad as well.

brm7675
07-16-2010, 04:47 PM
Plus so far Mr. Holliday is NOT earning that huge paycheck...

Kiss the Baby00
07-16-2010, 04:57 PM
Plus so far Mr. Holliday is NOT earning that huge paycheck...

:confused:

.300/.376/.505

16 HRs 52 RBI 53 R OPSing .904

what else does Mr. Holliday need to do to get the brm seal of approval?

brm7675
07-16-2010, 05:19 PM
:confused:

.300/.376/.505

16 HRs 52 RBI 53 R OPSing .904

what else does Mr. Holliday need to do to get the brm seal of approval?

Given the HUGE money they gave him, i want more. He should be a league leader in major catagories given the money he is making. Say like Joey Votto's numbers...

Rijo's Ghost
07-16-2010, 07:36 PM
Given the HUGE money they gave him, i want more. He should be a league leader in major catagories given the money he is making. Say like Joey Votto's numbers...

That's not really how it works, but Holliday leads all OF in WAR and is 2nd among all NL players.

AintlifeGrande
07-16-2010, 07:57 PM
What do you care what wagon I'm riding? I can't root for a team that I can't follow on TV or radio. My sympathy for the Cubs was exausted when they were all but dropped on WGN.

I get Reds games now for the 1st time with my new TV carrier and I like what they are doing. I hope I have your permission to root as I see fit.

I've rooted for the Reds my whole life.And for 20 years I never had radio or tv to watch them regionally.I do now,however I think some here are offended that someone comes on here rooting for what seems to be the next big thing in baseball to them,while us Reds fans have supported this team throughout the bad years.
Much less throwing down the gauntlet on a Reds forum thats the Cards win easily with another good starter.

Roush's socks
07-16-2010, 10:38 PM
The Cards 2nd half will have a lot to do with how healthy they are, like every MLB team. I don't think the Reds need to make a move. Volquez has the potential to be a way better starter than anyone available. He was #2 Cy Young year before last. Of course if someone wants Harang they should get rid of him. Or if they could move Alonso for a middle reliever that might be good. But if they make no moves they still have the players to compete IMO.

bshall2105
07-16-2010, 10:43 PM
The Cards 2nd half will have a lot to do with how healthy they are, like every MLB team. I don't think the Reds need to make a move. Volquez has the potential to be a way better starter than anyone available. He was #2 Cy Young year before last. Of course if someone wants Harang they should get rid of him. Or if they could move Alonso for a middle reliever that might be good. But if they make no moves they still have the players to compete IMO.

If the Reds ever trade there best AAA hitting prospect for a middle reliever I will go insane. I've tried to make this point before, but Alonso has much greater trade value than for middle relief help. He's going to be the main trade chip for a good center fielder that doesn't already have 90 strike outs.

Hey Meat
07-17-2010, 01:01 PM
How in the heck can you be a Cardinals and Cubs fan all rolled into one? Magdal you are a confused individual. I don't understand how someone that claims to like two teams like the Cubs and Cardinals who HATE each other can come onto another rivals website looking for some answers or self affirmation. Make up your mind. You can't like the whole Central division.

Magdal
07-17-2010, 03:51 PM
their hitting with runners in scoring position is bad as well."Suspect" is a kind word....3rd base, SS and 2nd have combined 40 errors. The worse infield in organized ball. Hitting with RISP is also awful as you say.

But for the last 4 games they are tearing the cover off the ball, like the Reds were for 3 weeks. My God...Miles is hitting .350! The Reds must hold on for a couple of games 'till Jay, Molina and Holliday cool off. Pujols is NO problem. He has totally forgot how to hit a baseball, save 1 single per game to keep his ave. up.

Vottomatic
07-17-2010, 03:57 PM

Just sayin'

I hate when people leave the "g" off of "saying".

Just saying. :D

Vottomatic
07-17-2010, 03:58 PM
I think this is the Cards last year. I already see them in decline.

I predict here and now that Carpenter has an arm injury.

arkimadee
07-17-2010, 04:00 PM
All the Reds can do is win. If the Cards were leading the division today the Reds would be in the race for the Wildcard. They would actually be leading the race. So even if the Cards get hot and take a 2 or 3 game lead, lets not forget that there are two shots to get into this thing.

Magdal
07-17-2010, 04:25 PM
How in the heck can you be a Cardinals and Cubs fan all rolled into one? Magdal you are a confused individual. I don't understand how someone that claims to like two teams like the Cubs and Cardinals who HATE each other can come onto another rivals website looking for some answers or self affirmation. Make up your mind. You can't like the whole Central division.

No, I am not in the LEAST confused. If I was a German in 1939 I would not love my country with Hitler ruining it. I would move to someplace else if I could. As far as the Cubbies go, I wanna see them get off the century schnied, as I pulled for both the SOX teams.

If the Cards go to the WS, LaRussa will get a new contract...and I will commit suicide. The best thing would be if the Reds win the pennant, and I'm behind them all the way.

I don't really expect for anyone to understand it, after all, you did'nt have to suffer the INSANE tactics of a maniac like I have for 15 years.

Cards win today and lose tomorro. On Monday the standings will be the same.

bshall2105
07-17-2010, 05:22 PM
No, I am not in the LEAST confused. If I was a German in 1939 I would not love my country with Hitler ruining it. I would move to someplace else if I could. As far as the Cubbies go, I wanna see them get off the century schnied, as I pulled for both the SOX teams.

If the Cards go to the WS, LaRussa will get a new contract...and I will commit suicide. The best thing would be if the Reds win the pennant, and I'm behind them all the way.

I don't really expect for anyone to understand it, after all, you did'nt have to suffer the INSANE tactics of a maniac like I have for 15 years.

You're talking to Reds fans about suffering the last 15 years?

Hey Meat
07-17-2010, 05:49 PM

??? Thanks for being nice about it because I don't understand. I grew up in Ohio during the 70s and will always be a Reds fan. I hate two thing-Cardinals and Cubs. So please forgive me, I just can't wish either of the aforementioned well, it's just not in my nature.

Rijo's Ghost
07-17-2010, 07:44 PM
"Suspect" is a kind word....3rd base, SS and 2nd have combined 40 errors. The worse infield in organized ball. Hitting with RISP is also awful as you say.

But for the last 4 games they are tearing the cover off the ball, like the Reds were for 3 weeks. My God...Miles is hitting .350! The Reds must hold on for a couple of games 'till Jay, Molina and Holliday cool off. Pujols is NO problem. He has totally forgot how to hit a baseball, save 1 single per game to keep his ave. up.

The Cardinals rank 7th in the NL in UZR. The Reds are 6th. The Cardinals are 1 run better if you like Dewan's +- system.

The Cardinals hit .267 with RISP and .821 OPS. The NL Average is .262 and .767.

The problem's you've come up are more imagined than real and if you actually paid attention you would know this. But your Pujols comment shows that you suffer from some sort of mental illness. You either really hate Pujols for some reason or are living in a fantasy land in your own brain. I mean, if Pujols has forgotten to hit a baseball I guess Votto has as well considering their numbers are nearly identical.

Magdal
07-19-2010, 09:14 AM
their hitting with runners in scoring position is bad as well.You severely understate this issue....their D is horrible! They got Pujols and Molina playing well only...Rasmus doesn't go back well, Holliday has trouble at times, Ludwick, who is very reliable is on the DL and the rest of the team are pure D awful.

Hitting with RISP is not good, as you say, but you missed the baserunning, which is also abbismal. As far as starting pitching, both the Reds and the Cards would do well to pick up a good one.