PDA

View Full Version : Reds need to be careful

brm7675
07-15-2010, 11:52 AM
Everyone wants the Reds to make a big move, but from the infor I have been reading there is no big difference maker out there right now and as we saw with the Braves, teams that panic overpay for talent and the "win" now view, something i hope Walt and the Reds don't do.

Kiss the Baby00
07-15-2010, 12:14 PM
Everyone wants the Reds to make a big move, but from the infor I have been reading there is no big difference maker out there right now and as we saw with the Braves, teams that panic overpay for talent and the "win" now view, something i hope Walt and the Reds don't do.

we havent won in 15 years. i hope walt does everything he can to get us to the World Series this year.

krm1580
07-15-2010, 12:20 PM
Unless they can get someone significantly better than what they have in their current lineup/rotation, I don't see them making any major moves.

The most I expect is some fringy moves to shore up the pen with a veteran arm or maybe get a veteran role player for the bench.

knoonan991
07-15-2010, 12:24 PM
Agreed, everyone seems ready to sell everything for just one year when we have a young team that appears to be built to contend.

The thought of Wood or Mesoraco becoming stud players in the league for another team, while we are stuck with a contract of someone like Oswalt wouldn't feel too good.

Girevik
07-16-2010, 08:42 AM
we havent won in 15 years. i hope walt does everything he can to get us to the World Series this year.

I agree, but since Lee was traded I don't see that guy out there any more. I don't want to see the Res give up a Lee-type package for a 2nd or 3rd tier guy just for the sake of making a move.