PDA

View Full Version : This is a first for me, got fired from my job today

savafan
07-15-2010, 08:13 PM
2 weeks away from a move back to Cincinnati, with an apartment there waiting on me and my family, and my company fires me today...for doing extra work and helping other co-workers get caught up with their work when I had all of my work completed. I know it doesn't make sense, it doesn't make sense to me either, or the remaining co-workers in the office I left. They said I should have gotten a raise, not gotten fired for being a nice guy, but some were upset that I was helping one person get higher commissions and bonuses than they were, and complained about it which got me a write-up last week (giving them the opportunity to show I was fired for cause and deny me unemployment, the company hasn't paid a former employee unemployment one time in the last 67 years, I saw this coming, as I've fought unemployment claims for them myself) and fired today.

I've never been fired, never had to write that word "terminated" on an application for reason for leaving last job, and I'm struggling with how to walk into an interview and tell the recruiter with a straight face that I was let go for doing extra work and helping out my co-workers and get them to believe me.

Joseph
07-15-2010, 08:21 PM
Ouch.

Been there man. There isn't a lot of advice I can give other than polish the resume right away and get to applying, especially if you aren't going to get unemployment or severance or anything.

I got fired two years ago this past April. I applied for the job I have now the next day. Now I didn't get officially hired for a couple months, but it was the first job I applied for right out of the gate.

Unless you've got a nest egg to rest on, i wouldn't spend a lot of time licking my wounds, I'd jump right back in the game as quick as you can.

Rojo
07-15-2010, 08:29 PM
File for unemployment anyway.

savafan
07-15-2010, 08:32 PM
Unless you've got a nest egg to rest on, i wouldn't spend a lot of time licking my wounds, I'd jump right back in the game as quick as you can.

No nest egg to rest on, but a lot of debt to motivate me.

Reds4Life
07-15-2010, 09:01 PM
File for unemployment anyway.

This. The worst that can happen is you get denied.

Don't worry to much about what you have to tell a recruiter, most are professional liars. :) 99% of them will lie directly to your face, so that works both ways. Just tell them you were laid off.

savafan
07-15-2010, 09:19 PM
Don't worry to much about what you have to tell a recruiter, most are professional liars. :) 99% of them will lie directly to your face, so that works both ways. Just tell them you were laid off.

This is probably true. I know I've been lied to by recruiters, and when I was recruiting for this company, I know I lied then as well.

Redsfan320
07-15-2010, 10:09 PM
Only 14, so I haven't gotten my first job yet, but good luck, man. God bless!

TheNext44
07-15-2010, 10:19 PM
Consider yourself lucky for lasting this long with getting fired. Recruiters know this, so it really won't be much of an hinderance. And the entire job hunting world is based on "embellishment," so considering you're a comedian, I'd say play it up the best you can, you might even be able to spin it to your advantage with the right story.

Best of luck!

savafan
07-15-2010, 10:28 PM
And the entire job hunting world is based on "embellishment," so considering you're a comedian, I'd say play it up the best you can, you might even be able to spin it to your advantage with the right story.

That's what I've been doing all day. :)

VR
07-15-2010, 11:56 PM
That's what I've been doing all day. :)

You've always struck me as a stand up guy sava, sorry to hear. How long were you employed, and in what field?

Few things I'd throw in...
Employers are only allowed to share dates of employment...not reasons for terminations, rehire status etc.
Not sure how the state unemployment is....but typically it doesn't matter if the company wants to or not.....they have to term for cause, and if not, you should be eligible for unemployment.

Wordsmith however you want, but honestly is always the best course of action. Some of the best employees I've had were 'fired' from their previous job. It happens, and I appreciate someone being honest up front.

savafan
07-16-2010, 12:38 AM
I was a legal assistant in a collection law firm for 2 1/2 years, spending some of that time as the support department supervisor.

VR
07-16-2010, 01:00 AM
I was a legal assistant in a collection law firm for 2 1/2 years, spending some of that time as the support department supervisor.

no wonder they fight so hard on unemployment cases :dunno:

Keep your head up sava, I'm sure theres a great job out there that will appreciate someone with a great team attitude and loyalty like yours.

good luck~
vr

Hoosier Red
07-16-2010, 03:45 PM
Sava,

I echo the smart advice given to you by everyone else.
Just curious though, you said you were moving to Cincinnati, were you going to be working for the same firm in Cincy?

Good luck, and keep your head up.

Reds4Life
07-16-2010, 05:34 PM
Few things I'd throw in...
Employers are only allowed to share dates of employment...not reasons for terminations, rehire status etc.
Not sure how the state unemployment is....but typically it doesn't matter if the company wants to or not.....they have to term for cause, and if not, you should be eligible for unemployment.

Not to be nit-picky, but that isn't true. It might be company policy to not give anything more than dates of employment, but it's not the law. Employers can give more information if they choose to do so. There is a myth that employers can't give bad references, that is 100% incorrect. They can give you a bad reference, IF, it's factual or without malice. The issue of slander or defamation comes into play only if your former employer knowingly gives false information that prevents you from gaining future employment. If you were to sue, you'd also have to prove they knowing gave false information to a prospective employer and prove damages (that their reference cost you the position, which no hiring company is going to admit to you), and most states have held harmless laws for employers in this area in any event.

With that said, most companys don't bother, they don't feel like paying the legal bills (even though the employer would probably win 99% of the cases).

savafan
07-16-2010, 06:22 PM
Sava,

I echo the smart advice given to you by everyone else.
Just curious though, you said you were moving to Cincinnati, were you going to be working for the same firm in Cincy?

Good luck, and keep your head up.

I was, yes.

VR
07-16-2010, 07:34 PM
Not to be nit-picky, but that isn't true. It might be company policy to not give anything more than dates of employment, but it's not the law. Employers can give more information if they choose to do so. There is a myth that employers can't give bad references, that is 100% incorrect. They can give you a bad reference, IF, it's factual or without malice. The issue of slander or defamation comes into play only if your former employer knowingly gives false information that prevents you from gaining future employment. If you were to sue, you'd also have to prove they knowing gave false information to a prospective employer and prove damages (that their reference cost you the position, which no hiring company is going to admit to you), and most states have held harmless laws for employers in this area in any event.

With that said, most companys don't bother, they don't feel like paying the legal bills (even though the employer would probably win 99% of the cases).

good catch r4l, I misspoke on 'the law'. Most companies nowadays do limit to dates of employ, but you are correct on the legality

savafan
07-16-2010, 08:15 PM
It's starting to make more sense now. A former co-worker just informed me that she already started training someone today to take my place. So, now I see why they were trying to build such a case against me, though I was able to rebuff most of the things they accused me of doing wrong by showing them my training manual and that what I was doing was following exactly what I was taught.

The company had a long and storied track record of finding more than one candidate that they liked for an open position, so in order to hire both candidates, they'd look for someone to fire to replace with a new person at less money. That just happened to be me this time.

Ghosts of 1990
07-16-2010, 10:42 PM
Been there man. Just won a suit b/c I was terminated illegally when I had a chronic illness.

Life throws some curveballs doesn't it? I'm sorry to hear about the crap you've been through. I just sent you a PM. I might be able to help you when you get back to the tri-state area.

reds1869
07-16-2010, 10:45 PM
Been there man. Just won a suit b/c I was terminated illegally when I had a chronic illness.

Life throws some curveballs doesn't it? I'm sorry to hear about the crap you've been through. I just sent you a PM. I might be able to help you when you get back to the tri-state area.

Glad to hear your situation resolved positively, JayBruce32.

Sava, JayBruce32 would be an excellent resource to talk to. I hope everything works out for you. I unexpectedly lost a job in the past so I know how lousy you are feeling. Keep your chin up.

Ghosts of 1990
07-16-2010, 10:51 PM
Glad to hear your situation resolved positively, JayBruce32.

Sava, JayBruce32 would be an excellent resource to talk to. I hope everything works out for you. I unexpectedly lost a job in the past so I know how lousy you are feeling. Keep your chin up.

As I told him, I have some connections in a large collections firm in Cincinnati (I hope it's not the same one he worked at elsewhere...anyone know where savafan is from? :confused:)

You'll get back on your feet Sava.... I have no doubts.... we Reds fans are resilient! Plus there's no alternative

savafan
07-17-2010, 12:24 AM
As I told him, I have some connections in a large collections firm in Cincinnati (I hope it's not the same one he worked at elsewhere...anyone know where savafan is from? :confused:)

You'll get back on your feet Sava.... I have no doubts.... we Reds fans are resilient! Plus there's no alternative

Got your PM. I'll get back to you soon on that.

Not the same firm, but our largest competitor. My non-compete clause was only if I left the company of my own free will, so that would be somewhat poetic.

savafan
07-18-2010, 05:40 PM
I'm curious if anyone out there thinks I have a good shot at getting unemployment.

For the record, my boss never spoke with me about any problems. The first verbal warning they claim I was given wasn't given to me by my supervisor, or any supervisor at all, but by someone who was technically, a peer of mine, though in a different department, and it came via cellphone to me while I was at home, not on the clock at work during office hours. The second verbal warning they claim I was given was at the very same time as my first and only written warning, which also didn't come from my boss, nor anyone who worked in my department or my building, but a supervisor in an entirely different department altogether who was someone that I used to have problems with when I was a supervisor, and ranked above him. The first and only time my boss spoke with me was via conference call with this supervisor of another department, claiming he had given me four chances via warnings to stop helping people and that it was his recommendation that I be fired because I'm not trustworthy, and my boss said that he had no choice but to side with the supervisor. This was for helping someone with about six files at the end of the day between 4:50 and 5:00 after I had gotten all of my work done. Nothing in the employee handbook said that there was any rule about helping out co-workers, and there was no unwritten rule about it, as the supervisor who recommended I get fired had asked me to help out other co-workers, which I did...he just didn't want me helping this particular one, for whatever reason isn't clear to me. In fact, none of our conversations were ever made directly clear to me, as he was rather bumbling with his words and never explained things clearly, even back in the days when I was a supervisor and my entire department had problems with him and the work that he was doing.

Shouldn't my boss, at some point in time, have spoken with me and made clear that I was in jeopardy of losing my job for being a team player and helping out others, perhaps found some other things for me to do if I was getting my work done and didn't want to sit around and read a book or go home early without clocking out like other people? Or is there some way for them to spin it to look justified?

Reds4Life
07-18-2010, 06:23 PM
Just file for it. If they dispute the claim, they will have to show documentation that it was for cause.

Be on the look out form them making stuff up, or falisfying documentation, it happens A LOT.

savafan
07-18-2010, 06:27 PM
I wouldn't be surprised by it.

TRF
07-19-2010, 09:21 AM
I'd not only file, I'd make noise about suing for wrongful termination if that is possible.

While we are only getting sava's side of the story, it sounds like BS. File, and absolutely see about working for their competitor if possible.

gonelong
07-19-2010, 11:56 AM
This was for helping someone with about six files at the end of the day between 4:50 and 5:00 after I had gotten all of my work done. Nothing in the employee handbook said that there was any rule about helping out co-workers, and there was no unwritten rule about it, as the supervisor who recommended I get fired had asked me to help out other co-workers, which I did...he just didn't want me helping this particular one, for whatever reason isn't clear to me.

One possible explanation: If I am working on getting a struggling employee let go, I don't want anyone helping them with their work.

GL

Rojo
07-19-2010, 03:11 PM
I'm guessing that right now the unemployment office isn't looking to spend a lot of time on each case. It might be different in Ohio, but in California the default is to the employee.

savafan
07-19-2010, 03:36 PM
What a perfect storm of crap being thrown my way. The woman who was going to take over our lease here in Columbus just lost her job also, so she's now out. We've got an apartment to move into in Cincinnati in two weeks and need to find someone to take this one in Columbus. Meanwhile, I don't have a job, I'm here while my girlfriend and son are 2 hours away. I don't know what's going to happen, so I don't know whether to look for jobs in Cincinnati or Columbus. Because we're not technically "living" together right now, though we're on a lease together here, planning on being on a lease together there, and we're reconciled, the Hamilton County Jobs and Family Services refuses to lift the child support order.

It's kinda like my whole world is crashing right now.

Redsfan320
07-19-2010, 04:26 PM
^^^
Hang in there, man. I'm prayin' for ya.

savafan
07-19-2010, 07:43 PM
^^^
Hang in there, man. I'm prayin' for ya.

Your prayers may have worked, at least as far as the apartment goes. Working on negotiating something out now. Here's praying and hoping!

fearofpopvol1
07-20-2010, 06:14 PM
I'm curious if anyone out there thinks I have a good shot at getting unemployment.

For the record, my boss never spoke with me about any problems. The first verbal warning they claim I was given wasn't given to me by my supervisor, or any supervisor at all, but by someone who was technically, a peer of mine, though in a different department, and it came via cellphone to me while I was at home, not on the clock at work during office hours. The second verbal warning they claim I was given was at the very same time as my first and only written warning, which also didn't come from my boss, nor anyone who worked in my department or my building, but a supervisor in an entirely different department altogether who was someone that I used to have problems with when I was a supervisor, and ranked above him. The first and only time my boss spoke with me was via conference call with this supervisor of another department, claiming he had given me four chances via warnings to stop helping people and that it was his recommendation that I be fired because I'm not trustworthy, and my boss said that he had no choice but to side with the supervisor. This was for helping someone with about six files at the end of the day between 4:50 and 5:00 after I had gotten all of my work done. Nothing in the employee handbook said that there was any rule about helping out co-workers, and there was no unwritten rule about it, as the supervisor who recommended I get fired had asked me to help out other co-workers, which I did...he just didn't want me helping this particular one, for whatever reason isn't clear to me. In fact, none of our conversations were ever made directly clear to me, as he was rather bumbling with his words and never explained things clearly, even back in the days when I was a supervisor and my entire department had problems with him and the work that he was doing.

Shouldn't my boss, at some point in time, have spoken with me and made clear that I was in jeopardy of losing my job for being a team player and helping out others, perhaps found some other things for me to do if I was getting my work done and didn't want to sit around and read a book or go home early without clocking out like other people? Or is there some way for them to spin it to look justified?

I think you have a pretty good case.

You should absolutely apply for unemployment, no matter what. There is nothing to lose. You fill out the info and then your previous employer has to dispute the claim, in writing. If they don't, it's smooth sailing. If they do, then you'll be asked to fill out additional paperwork where you can state your case.

One thing many people don't realize is that while it is true that employers can fire you for pretty much anything (if you live in a state where the law is "at will,") it doesn't mean your termination is a good reason to deny you unemployment benefits, though it can.

A big key is going to be how much proof your employer can provide that you were previously warned about these actions. The Department of Labor really likes to see that the employer gave you a fair chance to correct what you were doing, so long as it's not a major offense (theft for example), which it sounds like you're clear of. From what you have said, the verbal warnings seem pretty meaningless, especially if it didn't come from a figure of authority. They are also harder to prove, but they may have kept a record of it. The written warning is sort of damning, but the fact that it didn't come from your boss is odd. And if that guy previously asked you to help with other employees, that's really strange. The problem is that will be hard to prove and it's sort of their word against yours.

Another important component will be...the company policy (or lack there of) about what you did. Hopefully you still have an employee handbook to refer to.

Even if you lose round 1 and the DOL rules in the company's favor, you can appeal it and force the company to participate in a hearing and someone else will then hear your case, which could be good. Your company find it isn't worth their time to continue. If you lose that, you can appeal it once more and then it goes in front of a panel. I'd advise trying to fight for it to see if you can get it. There is no penalty for being rejected unemployment.

A lot of companies will try to make up reasons to jettison you, but if it's a good company, and they know you didn't do anything wrong, they should just let the unemployment claim go. A lot companies do.

savafan
07-20-2010, 08:07 PM
I filed yesterday, so now I wait to see what happens.

wolfboy
07-20-2010, 08:15 PM

There's a lot of incorrect information in this post. It might be time to huddle with your legal department and review the law in this area.

That aside, best of luck sava. I'm very sorry to hear about losing your job. I hope you're able to get back on your feet quickly.

savafan
07-20-2010, 08:33 PM
There's a lot of incorrect information in this post. It might be time to huddle with your legal department and review the law in this area.

That aside, best of luck sava. I'm very sorry to hear about losing your job. I hope you're able to get back on your feet quickly.

Me too, as everything, and I mean EVERYTHING right now is just being...stupid. My girlfriend and I live together with our son, and we've both asked Hamilton County JFS to stop the child support order, as it doesn't make sense for part of my money to be going to her when we're living under the same roof and share everything evenly, especially with me not having a job right now, but they won't stop the order unless we get married, which is not what the literature given to us at the time the order was written up said...

*sigh* It's like I can't catch a single break here. On top of that, her grandma died two weeks ago, and her grandfather passed away last night, so it really is like we're under some kind of dark evil spell right now reserved for people in fairy tales or fantasy films.

Reds4Life
07-20-2010, 09:23 PM

Then why don't you enlighten us.

wolfboy
07-20-2010, 11:09 PM
Then why don't you enlighten us.

My comment wasn't intended as snark, so please don't take it that way. I don't know the individual circumstances of your situation, nor anyone else's. That being the case, I can't "enlighten" you, nor guide you through the subject. My advice is to seek out an attorney who specializes in employment law to discuss it as per your particular situation - especially if you are disclosing anything beyond opinions about former employees to third parties.

Defamation is a complex topic of law that changes drastically based on particular circumstances and the jurisdiction in which it occurs. There are no hard and fast rules. For example, sometimes malice is the standard, while other times mere negligence is appropriate. Likewise, some jurisdictions require the plaintiff to prove falsity while others do not.

Again, I apologize if it came out as snark. That wasn't intended. I sincerely meant what I said. If you are making decisions in that context, I'd advise you to consult with your attorney, or an attorney in the field.

Sava - I'll keep you in my prayers. I hope a break comes your way real soon.

savafan
07-29-2010, 08:37 PM
Signed over my lease today, so I can now officially head back to Cincinnati. Unfortunately this good news was met with news of a good friend's suicide, so it's hard to be excited right now. Also will still need to seek out those job prospects when I get back to the Queen City.

TRF
07-29-2010, 08:58 PM
damn sava. you need to get some time away from it all.

Ghosts of 1990
07-29-2010, 11:47 PM
Sava, any word from WWR firm yet? PM and let me know

fearofpopvol1
08-01-2010, 03:41 PM
Did you unemployment claim go through?

cincinnati chili
08-01-2010, 10:36 PM
My comment wasn't intended as snark, so please don't take it that way. I don't know the individual circumstances of your situation, nor anyone else's. That being the case, I can't "enlighten" you, nor guide you through the subject. My advice is to seek out an attorney who specializes in employment law to discuss it as per your particular situation - especially if you are disclosing anything beyond opinions about former employees to third parties.

Defamation is a complex topic of law that changes drastically based on particular circumstances and the jurisdiction in which it occurs. There are no hard and fast rules. For example, sometimes malice is the standard, while other times mere negligence is appropriate. Likewise, some jurisdictions require the plaintiff to prove falsity while others do not.

Again, I apologize if it came out as snark. That wasn't intended. I sincerely meant what I said. If you are making decisions in that context, I'd advise you to consult with your attorney, or an attorney in the field.

Sava - I'll keep you in my prayers. I hope a break comes your way real soon.

The issue of what constitutes defamation can be somewhat complex, but I assume you would agree that there is no "law" in any jurisdiction in this country that prohibits someone from truthfully giving a good or bad reference, correct?

I've done a bit of employment law and I've never heard of any such thing.

I'm also pretty sure that some states (I have no idea about Ohio) have adopted statutory protections for people who give references.

savafan
08-09-2010, 07:12 PM
Did you unemployment claim go through?

I haven't heard anything more since I had to fill out more paperwork when they were fighting my initial filing. Finally got my internet service up and running here in Cincinnati now.

fearofpopvol1
08-17-2010, 01:21 AM
Still? That is unusual. Usually they have it sorted it out pretty quickly. I would think you'll know real soon.

Boston Red
08-17-2010, 09:25 AM
Once you get this all sorted out and put it in the rearview mirror, my guess is it will turn out to be a major blessing. Working at a collections firm must be one of the lowest circles of hell. Obviously your previous employer at least had zero respect for its employees.

Good luck.

wolfboy
08-18-2010, 12:28 PM
I assume you would agree that there is no "law" in any jurisdiction in this country that prohibits someone from truthfully giving a good or bad reference, correct?

Sounds good to me, but I don't think I ever questioned that. The original post dealt with more complex issues such as degree of fault and burden of proof.

The issue of what constitutes defamation can be somewhat complex

This was the point I tried to make. This subject is complex and one should consult with an employment attorney if they encounter it in a practical setting. No more, no less.

savafan
08-19-2010, 04:36 PM
I never received notification one way or the other, but I also never received any unemployment compensation. Really not sure what happened.

Deepred05
08-24-2010, 08:35 AM

Excellent chance of unemployment. Been fired many times, (nature of my business) and scored unemployment everytime. Companies as a policy always deny the first claim so be prepared to appeal. You will get the backpay. Gets boring after the first three months though. Always landed a better job than the one I left too.

Ghosts of 1990
08-25-2010, 11:33 AM
I never received notification one way or the other, but I also never received any unemployment compensation. Really not sure what happened.

Put a call into them... you should be able to find out the status; and don't be surprised if you get it. Companies are giving unemployment these days more and more to avoid any problems. I know the process takes a while.

Glad you're back in the Queen city, you're going to land on your feet soon.

savafan
09-04-2010, 12:04 AM
Well, I finally got my notice from the unemployment office, on the same day that it was dated that I had to reply by, where they informed me that my claim was denied because I had "broken a company rule". I would love to know what that rule might have been.

Anyway, by the end of today, I had 3 job offers. I went with the one with the best hours, higher pay and allowed me to start sooner. I might add that this company is another law firm that was on the Enquirer's list of Top 50 Places to Work in Cincinnati (came in at #12). I was honest with them about why I was fired, how it all went down, and they assured me that what the firm did was illegal, and in fact, it's been brought to my attention that they had done something similar to another employee in the past (before I worked there) and were sued, and that person won a wrongful termination suit against them.

But anyway, I'll be back to working again next Tuesday. It's been a rough year, and I haven't made it to a Reds game yet, which is depressing. Hopefully I'll have my bills caught up in time to catch a playoff game.

wolfboy
09-04-2010, 12:58 AM
Well, I finally got my notice from the unemployment office, on the same day that it was dated that I had to reply by, where they informed me that my claim was denied because I had "broken a company rule". I would love to know what that rule might have been.

Anyway, by the end of today, I had 3 job offers. I went with the one with the best hours, higher pay and allowed me to start sooner. I might add that this company is another law firm that was on the Enquirer's list of Top 50 Places to Work in Cincinnati (came in at #12). I was honest with them about why I was fired, how it all went down, and they assured me that what the firm did was illegal, and in fact, it's been brought to my attention that they had done something similar to another employee in the past (before I worked there) and were sued, and that person won a wrongful termination suit against them.

But anyway, I'll be back to working again next Tuesday. It's been a rough year, and I haven't made it to a Reds game yet, which is depressing. Hopefully I'll have my bills caught up in time to catch a playoff game.

Congrats on the new position! :beerme:

savafan
09-04-2010, 01:06 AM
Congrats on the new position! :beerme:

Thank you, I'm pretty excited. I did my due diligence prior to choosing this company, and everyone who works for them that I've spoken with loves working there and has nothing but good things to say, which is what I'm looking for.

wolfboy
09-04-2010, 12:11 PM
Thank you, I'm pretty excited. I did my due diligence prior to choosing this company, and everyone who works for them that I've spoken with loves working there and has nothing but good things to say, which is what I'm looking for.

My firm has a wonderful family like atmosphere. It makes all the difference in the world. Glad to see you've found something similar.

Reds4Life
09-04-2010, 12:58 PM

Congrats on the new job. :cool:

You would have won the appeal. Your former employer would have been forced to supply documentation proving their claim. If they don't have any, and it sounds like they didn't, they lose. It's sad so many employers do this type of thing. They expect loyalty, but give nothing in return. :thumbdown

SunDeck
09-04-2010, 01:15 PM
Life moves on Sava. Best of luck with the new job!

Redsfan320
09-04-2010, 01:20 PM
Congrats sava! Good luck!

savafan
09-04-2010, 05:14 PM
Congrats on the new job. :cool:

You would have won the appeal. Your former employer would have been forced to supply documentation proving their claim. If they don't have any, and it sounds like they didn't, they lose. It's sad so many employers do this type of thing. They expect loyalty, but give nothing in return. :thumbdown

Just found out from the former co-worker who was fired at the same time as me that he has hired an attorney to fight them on his case, so it makes me feel good that at least someone is sending them a message over this, even if it couldn't be me.

RFS62
09-04-2010, 05:32 PM
Good luck, Sava.

Jpup
09-05-2010, 11:49 AM
Glad to here you got a good job Sava.

I'm currently going through a lot of drama at my job. I have a bad feeling that my days are numbered. I feel like I am being punished because I do exactly what my bosses tell me to do. I had some temp employees lie to the staffing agency and I was threatened to be fired before even being asked my side of the story. It's a longer story than that and I would share, but do not want to high jack Sava's thread.

savafan
09-05-2010, 01:45 PM
Glad to here you got a good job Sava.

I'm currently going through a lot of drama at my job. I have a bad feeling that my days are numbered. I feel like I am being punished because I do exactly what my bosses tell me to do. I had some temp employees lie to the staffing agency and I was threatened to be fired before even being asked my side of the story. It's a longer story than that and I would share, but do not want to high jack Sava's thread.

Feel free to high jack Jpup, this can be a good outlet. Trust me. :thumbup:

VR
09-06-2010, 12:12 PM
Quite the journey Sava. Glad to hear it ended on a high note. All the best to you. Starting your new job Tuesday, with the Reds having an "8" game lead. Life is good!

Hoosier Red
09-06-2010, 10:49 PM
Great news Sava. Congratulations!

savafan
09-06-2010, 11:56 PM
First day at the new job tomorrow. Car got hit today when teenage girl decided to run a red light and flipped me around the intersection, so now I don't have my transportation. If it's not one thing, it's something else.

Based on the testimony of eye witnesses, the cop cited the girl, but her father, who was a passenger in her vehicle, and at first admitted that she ran the red light, changed their story when the cops showed up, and says they'll be fighting the citation in court.

Lovely.