PDA

View Full Version : Could Oswalt be going to the Phillies

double2gap
07-16-2010, 02:09 AM
Hey guys, I'm on hear a lot reading, but rarely post, however I think everyone hear might want to hear what I experienced tonight. I am at most of the Louisville Bats games and sit behind home plate. Every night several scouts sit near and sometimes I talk to them. Tonight, Houston not only had scouts there, but also had a consultant/assistant to Ed Wade checking on the health of J. A. Happ. Happ was pitching for Lehigh Valley (rehab). This didn't seem like your run of the mill scouting visit. The feeling I got was something was in the works and Houston was looking at Happ very intensely. Could this possibly be a deal in the works for Oswalt, with Happ as a primary player in return or could Berkman be on the move.

By the way, Juan Francisco is starting to warm up after a slow start this season and tonight he hit two HR's. The first was a line drive shot to opposite field, but the second one (a walk-off) was a BLAST. It went at least 450 ft to right field.

Rijo's Ghost
07-16-2010, 02:19 AM
Berkman wouldn't have anywhere to play with Ibanez and Werth in the corners and Howard at first.

Philly would be a pretty good spot for Oswalt. They have the prospects to get it done and can take on the salary. Not to mention they could use the pitching.

That's really interesting.

double2gap
07-16-2010, 02:24 AM
I agree about Berkman, but you never know. I keep hearing rumors about how there so many teams interested in Werth. Not a likely scenario, but Werth might get dealt, then Berkman would step in. However, I believe if anything happens, it will be Oswalt.

Rijo's Ghost
07-16-2010, 03:00 AM
Well, every team is interested in Werth. He's one of the best players in the game. But Philly is built to win now. There is virtually no chance they trade Werth in the middle of a pennant race. They will play the season out, offer him arbitration and take the draft picks when he leaves. Dominic Brown is waiting in the wings to take over for Werth. It's a win-win for Philly.

davereds24
07-16-2010, 05:45 AM
Doubtful that Happ would be part of a package for Berkman. Cleveland couldn't even get him for Lee last year. It would have to be Oswalt.

13 in hall
07-16-2010, 06:34 AM
Okay I'll say it he was there scouting the Reds prospects? Alonso was pulled early the Reds have yet to announce a starter for Sunday? Half way point of season Hall of Fame Weekend what a way to make all giddy and make a SUPER SPLASH with all watching. Okay I know I'm going overboard but it's like 3:30 a.m.

zjr1717
07-16-2010, 06:40 AM
If Oswalt does go to the Phillies, I'd say that makes them the favorite to win everything.

double2gap
07-16-2010, 10:39 AM
I agree with you Rijo, Werth would be a prize for anybody out there, that's why I firmly believe it is Oswalt. As for Brown, he looked like a stud out there last night. He had three hits and was robbed of a fourth on a great play by Valaika at second.

A few notes about the game last night; the Bats fell behind early 7-0. Klinker did not look good and left the game after the fourth. Alonso was pulled early because of a double switch.(the Bats were down 7-2 at that time). Francisco's game winning HR was estimated at 484 ft. The Bats bullpen looked strong (Del Rosario, Valiquette, Herrera) holding LHV to 0 runs and only 3 hits, the final 5 innings.

double2gap
07-21-2010, 10:17 AM
Just read this. Looks like Werth being dealt is a possibility. http://mlb-facts-and-rumors.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/view/22297882?tag=pageRow&pageContainer=

brm7675
07-21-2010, 10:32 AM
If Oswalt does go to the Phillies, I'd say that makes them the favorite to win everything.

Really they are 7 games back and right now are getting punked by the Cubs and Cards. I don't see adding Oswalt even makes them a favorite to win their division.

KOBasinger
07-21-2010, 10:55 AM
It'd be good for Houston if they got Happ in return.

arkimadee
07-21-2010, 03:18 PM
i don't think he helps them all that much.. he's not the pitcher he was 2 years ago.. atleast in the reds eyes because they have beat him a couple of times.. Phillies are retarded anyway.. there cheap butts would not pay Lee this year and look where it got them.. I hope the deal falls through just so there sorry tails will finish 3rd place