PDA

View Full Version : Well this is good to know

brm7675
07-16-2010, 05:22 PM
Joey Votto and Ryan Zimmerman are among the ten MLB players with the most trade value, if you ask Dave Cameron of FanGraphs.

bshall2105
07-16-2010, 05:40 PM
Are you saying we should trade Joey Votto?

brm7675
07-16-2010, 05:42 PM
No I am just glad to see him getting some respect, and to know the Reds actually have "wanted" top quality players...

GIDP
07-16-2010, 05:43 PM
Are you saying we should trade Joey Votto?

Nothing should be off the table. Trading Votto for another high value player? It should be looked at.

bgwilly31
07-16-2010, 05:43 PM
And the reds losing decade circles again.

brm7675
07-16-2010, 05:44 PM
Nothing should be off the table. Trading Votto for another high value player? It should be looked at.

:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown

bshall2105

That was a joke right?

bgwilly31
This is the story of the reds for the past 20yrs.

Breed superstars and give them away for prospects.

Fullboat
07-16-2010, 06:24 PM
This is the story of the reds for the past 20yrs.

Breed superstars and give them away for prospects.

And those superstars are where??

GIDP
07-16-2010, 06:30 PM
That was a joke right?

No.
It doesnt mean you make a trade, but if something comes up with Votto for Josh Johnson or Jon Lester you should instantly ignore it. You have to entertain all discussions.

brm7675
07-16-2010, 06:30 PM
And those superstars are where??

Well one is in Washington having a very good season...Adam Dunn.

brm7675
07-16-2010, 06:32 PM
No.
It doesnt mean you make a trade, but if something comes up with Votto for Josh Johnson or Jon Lester you should instantly ignore it. You have to entertain all discussions.

Yes you do, there are certain players that are non tradeable and Votto is that. Well wait, if St. Louis calls and offers Matt Holiday AND Albert, then I might consider it...:thumbup:

GIDP
07-16-2010, 06:37 PM
Yes you do, there are certain players that are non tradeable and Votto is that. Well wait, if St. Louis calls and offers Matt Holiday AND Albert, then I might consider it...:thumbup:

Non tradable or hard to fine equal value? Its hard to trade Votto just like it would be to trade a Josh Johnson, but could you trade them for each other? Probably. Doesnt mean I would do it, but lets say Yonder Alonso was tearing up AAA, and in the offseason you got offered Josh Johnson for Joey Votto would you be at least very interested in making that deal? I'd have to think hard about it.

Doesnt mean you have to trade the guy but you certainly have to be willing to look at everything.

brm7675
07-16-2010, 06:43 PM
Non tradable or hard to fine equal value? Its hard to trade Votto just like it would be to trade a Josh Johnson, but could you trade them for each other? Probably. Doesnt mean I would do it, but lets say Yonder Alonso was tearing up AAA, and in the offseason you got offered Josh Johnson for Joey Votto would you be at least very interested in making that deal? I'd have to think hard about it.

Doesnt mean you have to trade the guy but you certainly have to be willing to look at everything.

Nope I don't deal Votto for pitching. Pitchers are way to short live careers. Votto is a decade type of player. I would think about a deal form say maybe Evan L. from the Rays for him, but not a pitcher...

GIDP
07-16-2010, 06:52 PM
Nope I don't deal Votto for pitching. Pitchers are way to short live careers. Votto is a decade type of player. I would think about a deal form say maybe Evan L. from the Rays for him, but not a pitcher...

Fair enough, at least my point got across thats all I was really hoping for.

DirtyBaker
07-16-2010, 06:56 PM
Well we know from a couple quotes and videos posted that he won't be a Cub anytime soon :D

redsfanmia
07-16-2010, 06:59 PM
Well one is in Washington having a very good season...Adam Dunn.

Dunn is a good player but a superstar he is not, 1 all-star game and leading the league the league in strike outs does not make you a superstar.

redsfanmia
07-16-2010, 07:01 PM
The only reason I would think of trading Votto would be his breakdown last season, I just think that the depression/pressure issues could return at any time.

AintlifeGrande
07-16-2010, 08:00 PM
And the reds losing decade circles again.

Amen Willy.

AintlifeGrande
07-16-2010, 08:07 PM
The only reason I would think of trading Votto would be his breakdown last season, I just think that the depression/pressure issues could return at any time.

Why do you think that?Time heals all wounds,Votto was sick,then his Father died,he'll be fine.My Father died when I was child,as an adult now I don't get deeply depressed at the thought of his death.

webbbj
07-16-2010, 09:45 PM
with adam dunn we held onto him for as long as it was worth. its not like once his rookie contract was over we just let him go we did pay him.

but really, maybe my memory is off but have the reds really had any great prospects to come to their team from 1996-2007? off the top of my head, dunn (above avg player but time to go), kearns(promising future but injuries derailed him, williamson (see kearns), wagner (dont know what happened). im sure you guys can name some more but i think our farm system from the past was very mediocre.

GIDP
07-16-2010, 10:03 PM
Reds would have been better served to actually deal him earlier probably.

bshall2105
07-16-2010, 10:28 PM
Reds would have been better served to actually deal him earlier probably.

Definetely, Micah Owings does not equal Adam Dunn. If teams would have had more than a year with Dunn the Reds could have gotten some really nice value.