PDA

View Full Version : Need to cut down on the Ks

cbowen2112
07-17-2010, 01:48 AM
I know the Reds stil lead in a ton of offensive categories, but when a guy like Jason Hammel strikes out 10 batters, there is a problem. I have been noticing Stubbs and Bruce striking out at an alarming rate as of late. That 7-9 part of the order needs to be patient when it calls for it and also needs to not stare at strike 3 if it is 2 feet near the plate. The only way they should not swing, is if almost hits them or is the most obvious ball ever. Stop staring at strike 3 (mostly Stubbs) it gets old!

After all of that rant, I was still very happy they beat a great Rockies team and started off the second half right. I remember someone saying that 4 game sweeps going into breaks really don't mean much. Look at Texas and now Cincy!

Go Reds:thumbup:

cbowen2112
07-17-2010, 01:49 AM
Okay maybe the 6-8 hitters mostly. The pitchers get a pass, especially ones named Leake or Wood.

Vottomatic
07-17-2010, 02:59 AM
I'm really becoming disenchanted with Bruce and Stubbs.

I'd take Heisey over Stubbs any day of the week.

sabometrics
07-17-2010, 03:11 AM
Don't be mistaken, Hammel is no chump. He's been dominant since June started, go look it up.

That being said, the K's have been a problem (especially in Stubbs case), but not enough of one for me to be too concerned. Hell, we've made it this far, I think they can keep winning even if they're hacking, but of course it would be nice if they made a bit more contact.

Kingspoint
07-19-2010, 05:18 AM
"Re: Need to cut down on the Ks"

They sure did that on Sunday.

They rarely saw a third pitch during an at-bat.