PDA

View Full Version : shade for day games

petebert
07-17-2010, 02:55 PM
what side of the park gives the best chance for shade for a noon game? Last time I did a day game was a few years ago and the kids couldnt handle sitting in the sun, it was a ridiculously hot and bright day. How are the view level seats behind home, I've been thinking of giving them a try.

cbowen2112
07-17-2010, 02:58 PM
I want to say that the home side will always have the best shade for almost every park. Last time I went on a Sunday and sat near LF it was bright and hot all around, so not too sure.

sabometrics
07-17-2010, 03:11 PM
First base line.

petebert
07-22-2010, 07:18 PM
well I went to the day game today, theres pretty much no shade in any spot. Your best bet is the 1st or 2nd level on the 1st base lane and you'll need to be back in the double letter rows.

redsfan_12
07-22-2010, 11:57 PM
If you sit behind rows HH in most places, you are under the over-hang.

double21d
07-23-2010, 06:59 AM
Last time I went to a day game at GABP, my wife and I bought club seats (I think its the Fox Sports Club or something like that). The seats are mostly in the shade and you can remain inside and cool off if you want to. I think I got them for $85 on stub hub. It was a vacation for us so we didn't mind spending the money and in my opinion given the food you can eat, the cool air and shade during the game it was worth it.

petebert
07-23-2010, 04:29 PM
I ended up getting the next step up from the club seats for $30 each on stubhub. So I was behind homeplate in the sun but it rocked, the view was aweseome and it was all you can eat stadium food. My kids ate all sorts of stuff. We drank plenty of water and could take a break in the shade when needed.