PDA

View Full Version : Maybe the Phillies are just a good late-inning team

redssince75
07-17-2010, 04:28 PM
0-1 to the Cubs with 2 outs in the 9th. A hit, a WP, and a few walks later, they win 4-1. Seemed all too familiar.

GIDP
07-17-2010, 04:29 PM
Maybe the networks will talk about how they are winning by luck and late inning rallies.

cbowen2112
07-17-2010, 05:41 PM
Maybe the networks will talk about how they are winning by luck and late inning rallies.

No, they will say that the Phillies are going to win the NL again...that is just the type of thing that grinds my gears.

The whole getting lucky part can't be why they are doing well.:rolleyes:

I really can not stand the Phillies or their fans...okay especially their fans. I hope Atlanta shuts them all up in that division.

Rijo's Ghost
07-17-2010, 07:50 PM
Should be, since that's what it is. Coming from behind has never shown to be a sustainable way to win ballgames.

sabometrics
07-18-2010, 01:21 AM
Today was way more a factor of Marmol blowing up than the Phillies fighting back hard to get into the game. If CoCo blew up like Marmol today those losses would have been even harder to swallow. The HRs CoCo gives up make me cringe, but walking in the go-ahead run, then another to lose the game is just horrible.

I'd still take Marmol over CoCo in a heartbeat, but this was just one of those erratic days that Marmol has from time to time.

arkimadee
07-18-2010, 01:48 AM
I don't think the Phillies will even make the playoffs this year.. too inconsistent.. the team pretty much stinks on the road ..

NeilHamburger
07-18-2010, 02:58 AM
I hope the Phillies play like absolute studs through this Thurdsday. I hope they don't lose. I mean, I really want them to pound the ball and pitch like they have 5 Sandy Koufax's starting. If you know what I mean.