PDA

View Full Version : Bye bye Miss American Pie

redssince75
07-19-2010, 12:06 AM
Was this the day the music died?

Reds lost another one they should have won...

Cardinals finally won one they should have lost (and without Pujols)....

We fall out of first place for the first time in awhile...

Is the levee dry?

redsfan_12
07-19-2010, 12:09 AM
The sky is falling

webbbj
07-19-2010, 12:12 AM
im not worried but i never expected the reds to just cruise through the season with 0 struggles ever. taking only 2/3 against the rockies is nothing to be concerned about.

cbowen2112
07-19-2010, 12:17 AM
Taking 2 of 3 from a red hot Rockies club feels good to me! We can concern ourselves with what the Cards do right now. The Reds got out pitched today. Yes, it has happened with frequency more recently, but our pitching has been the best in baseball too for the last week or so. Let's remember the good things. We play the Nationals next. Let's take 2 of 3.

Go Reds!!!!!!!!!

nkukevin
07-19-2010, 01:01 AM
Never in my life did I think that I'd see fans ready to pack it in after winning a series. Look at the schedule for the Reds for the next three weeks. They'll be fine. Even if the Cardinals win the division I think the Reds are the favorites for the Wild card.

sabometrics
07-19-2010, 01:20 AM
I'm with the previous replies. This was a great series. Huge success in my book. I don't care if the Cards took an unlikely 4 game sweep from the Dodgers, Volquez looked like his old All-Star self, Arroyo looked like the second-half ace he has been in seasons past, and Wood continued to deal. The bullpen was great. The bats were cold despite the hot weather on Sunday, big whoop. Lets get 3 of 4 from the Nats.

bshall2105
07-19-2010, 03:06 AM
Are these threads going to pop up after every loss now? How many times have we traded the division lead with the Cardinals this season? I could see if this was the last week of September, but in the middle of July this seems silly to me.

Kingspoint
07-19-2010, 04:45 AM
REDS accomplished what they needed to get done to begin the 2nd Half. Win the first series.

Jefferson24
07-19-2010, 09:42 AM
REDS accomplished what they needed to get done to begin the 2nd Half. Win the first series.

Winning the series is good but when your opponent is sweeping their series, it's not good enough. That will be the story of this year, good but not good enough. After the last 10 years a good team is welcome, maybe next years team will be good enough. I just want to continue to see improvement year after year, if that happens we are only a year or two away from playoffs and maybe more.

bounty37h
07-19-2010, 10:06 AM
I think some posters need to stay away from the boards days after losses to think things through a lil bit.

bgwilly31
07-19-2010, 10:16 AM
Never in my life did I think that I'd see fans ready to pack it in after winning a series. Look at the schedule for the Reds for the next three weeks. They'll be fine. Even if the Cardinals win the division I think the Reds are the favorites for the Wild card.

Whos packing it up Mr. 9 Posts>?

The Voice of IH
07-19-2010, 10:38 AM
yep seasons over, when is football :rolleyes:

The Voice of IH
07-19-2010, 10:39 AM
I think some posters need to stay away from the boards days after losses to think things through a lil bit.

:thumbup:

This is really becoming old and tired, if you can't take a lost, then stop watching sports.

markymark69
07-19-2010, 10:47 AM
Are these threads going to pop up after every loss now? How many times have we traded the division lead with the Cardinals this season? I could see if this was the last week of September, but in the middle of July this seems silly to me.

Yes and you're right it's silly.

nkukevin
07-19-2010, 10:59 AM

What does my post count have to do with anything? Thanks for making me feel welcome.

Am I always going to get treated like this when I post? I'll go back to lurking then.

Fon Duc Tow
07-19-2010, 11:58 AM

He joined 3 years before you did. :rolleyes:

DocRed
07-19-2010, 12:03 PM
I think we should stop worrying about what Cardinals do. They are traditionally a very good 2nd half team. As long as we keep winning as we have been we should make it in as the wildcard even if we don't win the central. I am actually more concerned about what the Mets, Phillies, Rockies, Dodgers and Giants are doing.

Hey Meat
07-19-2010, 01:07 PM
Oh ye of little faith. We are still in the hunt and will be the whole way. This is not 2006. I think we will gain a few games on the Cardinals over the next several weeks before the trade deadline.

1990REDS
07-19-2010, 04:55 PM
we took 2 of 3. I know they didnt have Tulowiski and we missed Jimenez but thats still a really good team. Oh and hadnt they beaten us like 9 times in a row. I think it was a pretty succesful series.

Kingspoint
07-19-2010, 04:59 PM
Winning the series is good but when your opponent is sweeping their series, it's not good enough. That will be the story of this year, good but not good enough. After the last 10 years a good team is welcome, maybe next years team will be good enough. I just want to continue to see improvement year after year, if that happens we are only a year or two away from playoffs and maybe more.

The story this year is all of "The Sky is Falling" posts in The Sundeck, while the Cincinnati REDS put together their best effort in 11, possibly 16 seasons.

FWIW, it makes no difference what St. Louis is doing. All that matters is what the REDS do, and the REDS won their first series after the AS break. Take some Ridolin and relax. Get to a game and enjoy the season. Just don't show up on a Sunday unless the REDS are willing to charge you half-price for a half-behind effort put forth by their Manager.

TheBigLebowski
07-19-2010, 05:17 PM
There's always "The Ultimate Catch" with Chad Ochocinco to give you a Bengals fix until the NFL Preseason starts.

TheBigLebowski
07-19-2010, 05:21 PM
The story this year is all of "The Sky is Falling" posts in The Sundeck, while the Cincinnati REDS put together their best effort in 11, possibly 16 seasons.

FWIW, it makes no difference what St. Louis is doing. All that matters is what the REDS do, and the REDS won their first series after the AS break. Take some Ridolin and relax. Get to a game and enjoy the season. Just don't show up on a Sunday unless the REDS are willing to charge you half-price for a half-behind effort put forth by their Manager.

That's why it should be called "The Sunday Special."

Vottomatic
07-19-2010, 10:56 PM
I drove my Honda Pilot to the levee and the levee was full.

I guess everything is alright for now. :D

Vottomatic
07-19-2010, 10:58 PM

It's not "Ridolin", it's ritalin.

And yes, I do pay attention to what the Cardinals do nightly. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Kingspoint
07-19-2010, 11:01 PM
It's not "Ridolin", it's ritalin.

And yes, I do pay attention to what the Cardinals do nightly. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I knew I was spelling it wrong since I've never had a bottle on my shelf, but I thought someone would correct me anyway so I decided to go with it.

Jefferson24
07-20-2010, 02:17 PM
FWIW, it makes no difference what St. Louis is doing.

Since the Reds are in a division race, it makes all the difference what St. Louis is doing. If the Reds were 10 games out of the division lead, I would totally agree with it making no difference.

I watch Cardinal games now in order to root against them, never have done that before this year.

Baseball, for teams that are in close competition for division leads and wild card spots, is more than just cheering your team on it is also following the competition and praying for their demise. I enjoy the added element of keeping track of everyone else as the season gets closer to the finish.

Kingspoint
07-20-2010, 05:58 PM
Since the Reds are in a division race, it makes all the difference what St. Louis is doing. If the Reds were 10 games out of the division lead, I would totally agree with it making no difference.

I watch Cardinal games now in order to root against them, never have done that before this year.

Baseball, for teams that are in close competition for division leads and wild card spots, is more than just cheering your team on it is also following the competition and praying for their demise. I enjoy the added element of keeping track of everyone else as the season gets closer to the finish.

You worry about the Cardinals.

I'll enjoy watching the REDS.

redssince75
07-20-2010, 06:17 PM
You worry about the Cardinals.

I'll enjoy watching the REDS.

Hell, I'll do both!

goreds2
07-20-2010, 10:53 PM
Was this the day the music died?

Reds lost another one they should have won...

Cardinals finally won one they should have lost (and without Pujols)....

We fall out of first place for the first time in awhile...

Is the levee dry?

http://reason.com/assets/mc/mwelch/2009_11/clinton_laughing.jpg