PDA

View Full Version : Rolen to the DL?

reds44
07-19-2010, 04:43 PM
JimDayTV Rolen is also dealing with a hamstring issue, he may have to be DL'd, decision soon #reds

Not good...

traderumor
07-19-2010, 04:45 PM
Juan Francisco is hot down in L'ville. I know his D will be suspect, but maybe he can bring some life to the offense if Rolen is DLd. Cairo every day won't cut it.

reds44
07-19-2010, 04:47 PM
Juan Francisco is hot down in L'ville. I know his D will be suspect, but maybe he can bring some life to the offense if Rolen is DLd. Cairo every day won't cut it.
You really wouldn't have a choice anyway. I don't see another 3rd baseman even close to being ready to being brought up.

TRF
IF he's DL'd it will be Cairo.

I'd like to see Frazier up to give him a jumpstart.

BRM

Cairo will play almost every game if Rolen is DL'ed. Just my opinion. Janish may get a start or two there to spell him but Cairo will get the bulk of the time.

Reds1
07-19-2010, 04:48 PM
His Hammy didn't look bad going from 1st to 3rd doing a pete rose at the AS game! We need Rolen soon. Look at this offense right now. This is potential really bad news.

TRF
07-19-2010, 04:49 PM
Here is an idea, don't DL him, and let Janish know he's the 3B 2 minutes before gametime.

fearofpopvol1
07-19-2010, 04:50 PM
Janish would be much better at 3B defensively. But there's no getting around it, there's going to be an offensive dropoff.

BRM
07-19-2010, 04:51 PM
Who do you think gets called up if he goes on the DL? Sutton is my guess.

kaldaniels
07-19-2010, 04:53 PM
Team's record without Rolen speaks for itself. Thank said...wasn't there a blurb about a DL trip earlier in the year, but he never got put on it?

lollipopcurve
07-19-2010, 04:53 PM
Francisco, please. I think the team is facing 6 straight righties.

Strasburg v. Francisco would be fun.

_Sir_Charles_
07-19-2010, 04:57 PM
JimDayTV Rolen is also dealing with a hamstring issue, he may have to be DL'd, decision soon #reds

Not good...

I thought he had the flu?!?

CTA513
07-19-2010, 04:58 PM
Francisco, please. I think the team is facing 6 straight righties.

Strasburg v. Francisco would be fun.

I could see this being pretty ugly if Francisco got anything other than fastballs.

camisadelgolf
07-19-2010, 04:58 PM
If you don't want to make a 40-man roster move and don't trust Francisco's glove, you could always call up Drew Sutton. He'd be great for the top of the order.

BRM
07-19-2010, 04:59 PM
Fay says he's day-to-day.

Rolen is dealing with a right hamstring. Also had the flu. Got a cortisone shot. Day to day

kaldaniels
07-19-2010, 04:59 PM
Fay says he's day-to-day.

Curse you Jim Day!

lollipopcurve
07-19-2010, 05:03 PM
Curse you Jim Day!

Day's tweet is more recent than Fay's.

BRM
07-19-2010, 05:07 PM
Day's tweet is more recent than Fay's.

Good catch. I didn't notice that.

kaldaniels
07-19-2010, 05:07 PM
Curse you Jim Day!

Curse you BRM!!! :D

reds44
07-19-2010, 05:08 PM
ESPN just said he's "out indefinatley" and we'll decide to put him on the DL or not in "1-2 days."

This could be the end.

Degenerate39
07-19-2010, 05:09 PM
It really seems the Reds have played short handed all year

fearofpopvol1
07-19-2010, 05:10 PM
Sutton > Francisco

Francisco is a K machine who rarely walks. The power is nice, but guys like him do not usually pan out with the BB/K rate he has. It's pretty easy to see that.

And his defense is atrocious.

reds44
07-19-2010, 05:13 PM
Sutton > Francisco

Francisco is a K machine who rarely walks. The power is nice, but guys like him do not usually pan out with the BB/K rate he has. It's pretty easy to see that.

Francisco is hitting .310/.346/.607 against RHP in AAA. I don't think either of them are the answer (at least not right now for JF), but I think there's a better chance Francisco brings something to the table up here than Sutton.

Homer Bailey
07-19-2010, 05:16 PM
Francisco please. Thank you.

Kc61
07-19-2010, 05:18 PM
Sutton > Francisco

Not up for another debate on Francisco, but he is not a K machine, his defense seems a bit better this year, and he is a powerhouse hitter who, when hot against righties, can carry a team. His walks are a problem, but he will win games with his power.

fearofpopvol1
07-19-2010, 05:18 PM
Francisco is hitting .310/.346/.607 against RHP in AAA. I don't think either of them are the answer (at least not right now for JF), but I think there's a better chance Francisco brings something to the table up here than Sutton.

Yes, have you looked at his BBs? And his Ks? Those numbers won't get any better at The Show.

Sutton at least will provide average defense, will get on base and not be a liability. It's not sexy, but it's solid. Whereas Francisco is going to be feast or famine with the bat and the defense will take an enormous fall.

Reds Fanatic
07-19-2010, 05:21 PM
ESPN just said he's "out indefinatley" and we'll decide to put him on the DL or not in "1-2 days."

This could be the end.

According to the ESPN article the hamstring problem happened during Friday's game and he took a cortisone shot to the hamstring today.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5393226

Rolen said he felt a burning in the hamstring when he tagged up during a game Friday night. He went home and got the flu, which also kept him out of the lineup the last two days.

reds44
07-19-2010, 05:22 PM
Yes, have you looked at his BBs? And his Ks? Those numbers won't get any better at The Show.

Sutton at least will provide average defense, will get on base and not be a liability. It's not sexy, but it's solid. Whereas Francisco is going to be feast or famine with the bat and the defense will take an enormous fall.
He's 23. There's hope that he can get better. Meanwhile, Sutton is 27, and is on the verge of being a career minor leaguer.

And Sutton will never be solid in the majors. I have a hard time believe he's going to post an 100 OB/BA split in the majors when he hits for no power.

As for strikeouts:
Francisco: 55 in 218 ABs
Sutton: 59 in 231 ABs

Yeah, JF doesn't walk, but strikeouts aren't his problem.

Falls City Beer
07-19-2010, 05:23 PM
Francisco can't play a lick of defense. I doubt he's brought up.

alexad
07-19-2010, 05:26 PM
We have to have some pop in the lineup. Cairo worked once this year, but do we go to the well again? Sutton may be the better option, but I like Francisco to be given the chance. He may be the answer in the outfield come next year if Bruce continues to swing at high fastballs over his head.

I hope we do not have to worry about this. I was just telling a friend today that without Rolen in the lineup, this team forgets how to score runs. Rolen is the one guy this team can not afford to have on the DL or miss a lot of time.

reds44
07-19-2010, 05:27 PM
http://marksheldon.mlblogs.com/archives/2010/07/no_rolen_again.html

Quotes from Rolen/Dusty.

fearofpopvol1
07-19-2010, 05:29 PM
Not up for another debate on Francisco, but he is not a K machine, his defense seems a bit better this year, and he is a powerhouse hitter who, when hot against righties, can carry a team. His walks are a problem, but he will win games with his power.

"Not up for another debate on Francisco, but"

Nice.

24% K rate in the minors is pretty high. If he stops hitting, and pitchers catch up, the K rate is going up, the BB rate will stay the same (poor) and the batting average will drop.

5% BB walk rate will kill him. It's not likely to be any better at The show.

Poor K rates can be justified if they turn into walks (think Adam Dunn). If a player doesn't walk, it turns out bad typically (think Wily Mo Pena).

Juan's career OBP has barely stayed above .300. That's putrid any way you cut it.

Also, not sure what you mean by "improved defense," seeing as how he has committed 6 errors in 42 games at 3B. Is a fielding % of .942 in the minors good?

WVRedsFan
07-19-2010, 05:34 PM
Sounds minor to me. I image he'll be back in time to face Strasburg (or however you spell it) and he and the rest of the lineup will not do well. We'll see.

fearofpopvol1
07-19-2010, 05:42 PM
He's 23. There's hope that he can get better. Meanwhile, Sutton is 27, and is on the verge of being a career minor leaguer.

And Sutton will never be solid in the majors. I have a hard time believe he's going to post an 100 OB/BA split in the majors when he hits for no power.

As for strikeouts:
Francisco: 55 in 218 ABs
Sutton: 59 in 231 ABs

Yeah, JF doesn't walk, but strikeouts aren't his problem.

OBP, career, minors - Sutton - .378
OBP, career, minors - Francisco - .311

We have enough OBP challenged players on our team. Francisco would only add to the mess. No thanks. Also, Sutton's glove is much better.

Sutton > Francisco

Scrap Irony
07-19-2010, 05:44 PM
"Not up for another debate on Francisco,

24% K rate in the minors is pretty high. If he stops hitting, and pitchers catch up, the K rate is going up, the BB rate will stay the same (poor) and the batting average will drop.

Poor K rates can be justified if they turn into walks (think Adam Dunn). If a player doesn't walk, it turns out bad typically (think Wily Mo Pena).

Juan's career OBP has barely stayed above .300. That's putrid any way you cut it.

Also, not sure what you mean by "improved defense," seeing as how he has committed 6 errors in 42 games at 3B. Is a fielding % of .942 in the minors good?

Yes, the K rate is high, but the power that goes with it (elite power, with 35+ HR pop) makes them acceptable. And the idea that he may stop hitting is something that's been said about him ever since he's blossomed into something Redszone could argue about.

In fact, he's gotten better with every step up the minor league ladder.

Do I think he's the answer at the hot corner? Not yet. His BB rate is, as you say, putrid. He needs to walk at least 10% of the time in order to be a Top 50 prospect and sure-fire All-Star level 3B (even with the poor glove).

That said, he's still the best bet for good play for a week or two as Rolen is DL'ed. He is hot now and, when hot, can carry a team. Even if he's not hot, he can hit the occasional dinger, something Cairo, Sutton, nor Janish can do.

reds44
07-19-2010, 05:45 PM
OBP, career, minors - Sutton - .378
OBP, career, minors - Francisco - .311

We have enough OBP challenged players on our team. Francisco would only add to the mess. No thanks. Also, Sutton's glove is much better.

Sutton > Francisco
Sutton is low SLG/high OBP, Francisco is low OBP/high slugging. I think there's a better chance Francisco's slugging translates to the majors than Sutton's OBP. Plus there's no arguing that Cisco's upside is higher.

Agree to disagree, I suppose.

fearofpopvol1
07-19-2010, 05:46 PM
Yes, the K rate is high, but the power that goes with it (elite power, with 35+ HR pop) makes them acceptable. And the idea that he may stop hitting is something that's been said about him ever since he's blossomed into something Redszone could argue about.

In fact, he's gotten better with every step up the minor league ladder.

Do I think he's the answer at the hot corner? Not yet. His BB rate is, as you say, putrid. He needs to walk at least 10% of the time in order to be a Top 50 prospect and sure-fire All-Star level 3B (even with the poor glove).

That said, he's still the best bet for good play for a week or two as Rolen is DL'ed. He is hot now and, when hot, can carry a team. Even if he's not hot, he can hit the occasional dinger, something Cairo, Sutton, nor Janish can do.

.313 OBP for the year in Louisville for Francisco is all you need to know. He would struggle to hit a clip of .300 for OBP at The Show I would guess.

Benihana
07-19-2010, 05:47 PM
Francisco please.

fearofpopvol1
07-19-2010, 05:48 PM
Sutton is low SLG/high OBP, Francisco is low OBP/high slugging. I think there's a better chance Francisco's slugging translates to the majors than Sutton's OBP. Plus there's no arguing that Cisco's upside is higher.

Agree to disagree, I suppose.

Problem is, Rolen has been high SLG, High OBP. Given the Reds recent struggles, I would rather see a high OBP guy than a high SLG guy. You add that Sutton's glove is better than Francisco's and I'll take Sutton right now.

reds44
07-19-2010, 05:50 PM
Problem is, Rolen has been high SLG, High OBP. Given the Reds recent struggles, I would rather see a high OBP guy than a high SLG guy. You add that Sutton's glove is better than Francisco's and I'll take Sutton right now.
You're assuming Sutton's .380 OBP transfers to the majors, it won't.

Sutton would struggle to OPS .700 playing in the majors. My guess is he would hit about .250/.300/.380. Nobod is going to walk a guy who can't hit.

fearofpopvol1
07-19-2010, 05:53 PM
You're assuming Sutton's .380 OBP transfers to the majors, it won't.

Sutton would struggle to OPS .700 playing in the majors. My guess is he would hit about .250/.300/.380. Nobod is going to walk a guy who can't hit.

And you assume that Francisco could keep his awful .313 OBP. He won't.

Francisco might hit a few more homeruns than Sutton, but he's going to be getting on base a lot less and providing far fewer walks.

Sutton will provide a higher OBP and will play better defense. It would be very hard to dispute that.

TRF
07-19-2010, 05:55 PM
After an abysmal April and May, Todd Frazier was turning it around in June, .803 OPS. His numbers are lower in July, .722 OPS, but I think he's coming out of it. He could very well have a Heisey like MLB debut. Remember, Heisey wasn't exactly hammering the baseball in Louisville this year.

reds44
07-19-2010, 05:56 PM
And you assume that Francisco could keep his awful .313 OBP. He won't.

Francisco might hit a few more homeruns than Sutton, but he's going to be getting on base a lot less and providing far fewer walks.

Sutton will provide a higher OBP and will play better defense. It would be very hard to dispute that.
Last thing I'm going to say on this because we're just gonna go in circles, Francisco would create more runs than Sutton would.

I could see Francisco posting a line of .270/.300/.475. Great? No, better than Sutton? Yes.

fearofpopvol1
07-19-2010, 05:56 PM
After an abysmal April and May, Todd Frazier was turning it around in June, .803 OPS. His numbers are lower in July, .722 OPS, but I think he's coming out of it. He could very well have a Heisey like MLB debut. Remember, Heisey wasn't exactly hammering the baseball in Louisville this year.

I would not be opposed to giving Frazier the chance if they DL'ed Rolen. I'd much prefer that over Francisco.

fearofpopvol1
07-19-2010, 05:59 PM
Last thing I'm going to say on this because we're just gonna go in circles, Francisco would create more runs than Sutton would.

I could see Francisco posting a line of .270/.300/.475. Great? No, better than Sutton? Yes.

I'd be semi-surprised if Francisco batted .270 and I'm not even sure he would slug .475, but it's possible. I'm not even sure he could get on base at .300, but maybe. Sutton's OPS is likely to be lower than what Francisco put up. I don't dispute that. However, the defense cannot be overlooked. Francisco is BAD at 3B. Sutton's not Rolen, but he would at least be average over there.

Benihana
07-19-2010, 06:01 PM

Agreed. I'd take Frazier or Francisco if Rolen gets DL'd. It's time to start seeing what we have with these guys.

KronoRed
07-19-2010, 06:08 PM
If Francisco could hit .270 I'd be thrilled, but I doubt it, nice power, if anyone is dumb enough to throw him a nice straight fastball.

membengal
07-19-2010, 06:10 PM
If Rolen is out for any length of time, all I know is Miggy Cairo everyday at 3b is not the answer. Not even close.

Roy Tucker
07-19-2010, 06:39 PM
Rolen said he felt a burning in the hamstring when he tagged up during a game Friday night. He went home and got the flu, which also kept him out of the lineup the last two days.

This reads like he got the flu crossing home plate. ;)

Maybe that's why the Reds can't score, they have home plate flu.

Kc61
07-19-2010, 06:48 PM
"Not up for another debate on Francisco, but"

Nice.

I've debated Francisco dozens of times in the minor league forum. He doesn't fan too much for a power hitter. His production is very high. He made tons of errors earlier, and while I haven't checked the numbers, he seems to be making fewer now.

Francisco is a gifted power hitter who doesn't walk enough. Taking walks is a skill some guys can improve.

I'm pretty sure that if Rolen is on the DL, JF will get a shot. I respect Sutton as a utility guy, but I'd much rather see JF.

membengal
07-19-2010, 06:49 PM
+1 to what KC has said here and in the minors forum debates on JF.

red-in-la
07-19-2010, 07:09 PM
Would anybody consider a trade for Jorge Cantu?

I am pretty sure of one thing, Cairo at 3B everyday = those fading Reds.

reds44
07-19-2010, 07:55 PM
johnfayman RT @SpecialKarnold: @johnfayman If Rolen does DL, think Francisco gets a shot for a week or two?//i think he'll get the call, playing time.

fearofpopvol1
07-19-2010, 08:05 PM
I've debated Francisco dozens of times in the minor league forum. He doesn't fan too much for a power hitter. His production is very high. He made tons of errors earlier, and while I haven't checked the numbers, he seems to be making fewer now.

Francisco is a gifted power hitter who doesn't walk enough. Taking walks is a skill some guys can improve.

I'm pretty sure that if Rolen is on the DL, JF will get a shot. I respect Sutton as a utility guy, but I'd much rather see JF.

He fans plenty and doesn't walk enough. The .310ish OBP solidifies this. The pitching is not going to get any easier for him. He would struggle to keep his OBP above .300. Plate discipline is a very tough skill to teach. Francisco is still young obviously, but even by his age, most people are what they are when it comes to plate discipline. It's not easy to begin improving that when you are where Francisco is. If Francisco walked like Adam Dunn, we wouldn't be having this conversation. Sure, there are always exceptions, I haven't seen anything major to suggest he's turning a corner.

Also, his defense is (still) bad. He will hurt the team defensively.

reds44
07-19-2010, 08:13 PM
For comparison sakes...

Minor League numbers:
Pablo Sandoval: .303/.342/.445/.787
Juan Francisco: .280/.311/.487/.798

camisadelgolf
07-19-2010, 08:43 PM
For comparison sakes...

Minor League numbers:
That would be relevant if Francisco were also a contact hitter. Sandoval strikes out significantly less than Francisco does.

Homer Bailey
07-19-2010, 11:43 PM
For comparison sakes...

Minor League numbers:

Thief :cool:

Is "a poor man's Pablo Sandoval" a good comparison? Basically Sandoval with less contact?

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2157532&postcount=43

reds44
07-20-2010, 12:08 AM
Thief :cool:

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2157532&postcount=43
I always knew I liked you....pause.

mdccclxix
07-20-2010, 02:09 AM
If Francisco can go on one of his freakish tears, he can carry this team while Rolen is out. That's why he gets the call, IMO, because he's a difference maker, not a seat warmer like Sutton. Overall, I like Sutton enough that he would have been good during the lost decade, but not on this team, unless he starts hitting with more power.

BRM
07-20-2010, 09:06 AM
I'd like to believe Fay but I still have my doubts. I think they will call up Sutton and let him be the utility guy with Cairo getting the starts at 3B. I hope I'm wrong as I'd like to see Francisco or Frazier get a couple weeks worth of starts to see what they can do.

_Sir_Charles_
07-20-2010, 09:12 AM
If Francisco can go on one of his freakish tears, he can carry this team while Rolen is out. That's why he gets the call, IMO, because he's a difference maker, not a seat warmer like Sutton. Overall, I like Sutton enough that he would have been good during the lost decade, but not on this team, unless he starts hitting with more power.

I'm not getting this Sutton love either. What's Sutton got that isn't already provided from Paul Janish? If Sutton comes up, he'll only sit on the bench. Francisco will actually get some playing time. However, I don't think they'll DL Rolen and Janish should pick up some of the slack...despite how Cairo's been playing. Sutton...*sigh*

BRM
07-20-2010, 09:18 AM
I don't think it's about "Sutton love". It's people not having confidence in Francisco right now. At least that's how I read it.

I agree with your last point though. I don't think Rolen will go on the DL anyway. He'll remain day-to-day for awhile.

Homer Bailey
07-20-2010, 10:13 AM
Francisco has posted this line against RHP this year: .313/.348/.620/.968

Let's not make this more difficult than it has to be.

membengal
07-20-2010, 10:15 AM
Perhaps a platoon of Francisco/Cairo should Rolen need to be Dl'd?

ETA: (Yes, Cairo. I would insert Janish, but the Reds won't, so no sense pretending they will).

lollipopcurve
07-20-2010, 10:20 AM

No doubt. No brainer, IMO.

reds44
07-20-2010, 10:24 AM

Yep.

BRM
07-20-2010, 10:47 AM
No doubt. No brainer, IMO.

It's a no brainer if Dusty plans on playing him everyday. Or nearly every day. If they are looking to call someone up to be Cairo's caddy, then I'd rather it not be Francisco. Let him keep getting consistent at-bats in AAA.

lollipopcurve
07-20-2010, 10:51 AM
It's a no brainer if Dusty plans on playing him everyday. Or nearly every day.

Platoon vs RHP, as the recent sequence of posts suggested. That means playing most every day.

BRM
07-20-2010, 10:53 AM
Platoon vs RHP, as the recent sequence of posts suggested. That means playing most every day.

I would agree with that. My point is I'm not sure Dusty would do it that way.

lollipopcurve
07-20-2010, 10:57 AM
I would agree with that. My point is I'm not sure Dusty would do it that way.

I agree with you -- call him up only if he's going to play. Otherwise, bring up Sutton.

But my sense is that Baker likes Francisco and would play him. We'll see.

Blitz Dorsey
07-20-2010, 11:08 AM
So, Rolen pulls a hammy in the game before the AS break, still plays in the AS game and takes an extra base (which undoubtedly affected his already-pulled hammy) and now he's probably going to go on the DL? Beautiful.

Oh well, we knew he would have to go on the DL at some point. Let's get it out of the way now and hope he can come back as soon as he's eligible and will stay healthy the rest of the way. This team will not stay in the race without Scotty Roles. His defense (and somewhat-surprisingly his offense) are irreplaceable.

_Sir_Charles_
07-20-2010, 11:11 AM
So, Rolen pulls a hammy in the game before the AS break, still plays in the AS game and takes an extra base (which undoubtedly affected his already-pulled hammy) and now he's probably going to go on the DL? Beautiful.

Oh well, we knew he would have to go on the DL at some point. Let's get it out of the way now and hope he can come back as soon as he's eligible and will stay healthy the rest of the way. This team will not stay in the race without Scotty Roles. His defense (and somewhat-surprisingly his offense) are irreplaceable.

No, it was the Friday AFTER the all star game.

Edd Roush
07-20-2010, 11:23 AM

While I certainly love that line and wished that it guaranteed offensive success in the major leagues. Unfortunately, that is not true which is why we have to look at peripherals too. His BB rate is just too low for his K rate as doug has been over ad nauseum.

I think we need to look outside of the organization for a 3b-1b guy if Rolen has to go to the DL

Homer Bailey
07-20-2010, 11:42 AM
While I certainly love that line and wished that it guaranteed offensive success in the major leagues. Unfortunately, that is not true which is why we have to look at peripherals too. His BB rate is just too low for his K rate as doug has been over ad nauseum.

I think we need to look outside of the organization for a 3b-1b guy if Rolen has to go to the DL

If this were a long term decision I would agree with you. However, as a platoon guy for a two week stretch, I think his approach would work just fine near the bottom of the lineup.

Kc61
07-20-2010, 11:49 AM
Perhaps a platoon of Francisco/Cairo should Rolen need to be Dl'd?

ETA: (Yes, Cairo. I would insert Janish, but the Reds won't, so no sense pretending they will).

Cairo is unfairly bashed around here. He is hitting .297 with a .767 OPS filling in at third. He's certainly not Rolen defensively or offensively, but he's fine as a fill in.

Team him with Francisco and you have more than an adequate fill-in situation. Particularly with Janish available for late inning defense.

As someone else said, this isn't very complicated. I prefer a healthy Rolen but the Reds have the guys to fill in pretty well in his absence.

And it would give Francisco an opportunity to get some major league at bats, and probably hit some major league home runs to help the team.

membengal
07-20-2010, 12:07 PM
I'm as glad as anyone for what Cairo has done. But, forgive me, I don't want to count on it going forward. Just two days ago, his limitations were painfully apparent on Sunday in two huge spots, when he hit the ball a collective 85 feet.

I far prefer him off the bench than even playing in a platoon short term.

I get that many will disagree. I don't feel like fighting about it. The Reds and Dusty certainly don't agree. So it is what it is. I happen to value Janish's glove very highly, and for all the doubters, Janish, when given a chance this year, has hit pretty stoutly himself.

nate
07-20-2010, 12:11 PM
I'm as glad as anyone for what Cairo has done. But, forgive me, I don't want to count on it going forward. Just two days ago, his limitations were painfully apparent on Sunday in two huge spots, when he hit the ball a collective 85 feet.

I far prefer him off the bench than even playing in a platoon short term.

I get that many will disagree. I don't feel like fighting about it. The Reds and Dusty certainly don't agree. So it is what it is. I happen to value Janish's glove very highly, and for all the doubters, Janish, when given a chance this year, has hit pretty stoutly himself.

Awesome use of "stoutly," Mem!

:cool:

membengal
07-20-2010, 12:36 PM
And to put some numbers to "stout", Janish, in his limited playing time, at:

.296/.397/.463 for an .860 OPS.

REDSEER
07-20-2010, 12:50 PM
Doesn't look like Rolen will be placed on the DL today, that is unless something unexpected happens. Francisco, Sutton, and Frazier are all in the lineup for Louisville today.

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?gid=2010_07_20_louaaa_chraaa_1&t=g_box&did=milb

KronoRed
07-20-2010, 04:18 PM
I love a 24 man roster ;)

Blitz Dorsey
07-20-2010, 08:25 PM
No, it was the Friday AFTER the all star game.

Oh, thanks for clarifying.