PDA

View Full Version : This author should be punched

brm7675
07-19-2010, 06:43 PM
This guy advocates trading Bruce for a closer, REALLY?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/422253-mlb-trade-rumors-reds-jay-bruce-to-royals-for-joakim-soria

scott91575
07-19-2010, 06:47 PM
Bleacher Report should be banned. Anyone can create an article there.

Oh look, the same idiot we made fun of a few weeks ago....

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/users/photos/000/119/838/me_crop_257x257.jpg?1259890266

FlyerFanatic
07-19-2010, 08:25 PM
its amazing how often i see bleacher report cited on sports message boards. its garbage.

Vottomatic
07-19-2010, 08:59 PM
I'd trade Bruce for Soria in a heartbeat. I'm sick of Bruce. He's terrible anymore. I could care less about his age. You can tell he just doesn't have it.

will5979
07-20-2010, 12:17 AM
I'd trade Bruce for Soria in a heartbeat. I'm sick of Bruce. He's terrible anymore. I could care less about his age. You can tell he just doesn't have it.

Agreed he is horrible and my patient has run its course.

BTW thanks Reds fans for running Adam Dunn out of town.

will5979
07-20-2010, 12:18 AM
mistake extra post, sorry

lidspinner
07-20-2010, 12:27 AM
i too would trade Jay for a sure fire closer.....and thats it....I just hate to think what Jay could do if someone could teach him a little patience. He needs some teaching right now, maybe he is getting it, who knows?

Its not like we could trade him for some top notch guy though....and if he gets worse over the next year or 2, i dont see his value being so low that it would be worse than it is right now....noone is going to give us a stud closer for Jay bruce right now...not happening.

bleedsred
07-20-2010, 12:30 AM
I am not going to spout out defensive numbers, Bruce is a heck of a defender. But right now Gomes and Stubbs are both out producing Bruce at the dish. How much of a fall off would Heisey be? If Bruce could be traded for a Soria the Reds would be insane not to do it.

DirtyBaker
07-20-2010, 12:33 AM
I like the move because we could use a better closer. As long as Cordero's a true team guy and okay with it he could still be a great reliever.

Hypothetically, who would be play right field if that goes through?

gilpdawg
07-20-2010, 01:24 AM
I could care less about his age.
And that's a problem you have to work out with yourself, not Jay's problem. Most people his age are still in AA. You've got to compare him to other players at that point in their careers to truly see his ceiling. Nothing is a sure thing, of course, but running him out of town like WLW callers...and well....the Sun Deck...same thing... seems to want to do is just short-sighted and slightly retarded.

bshall2105
07-20-2010, 02:10 AM

Are you the guy that writes for the Bleacher Report?

Old NDN
07-20-2010, 09:54 AM
I don't know if I would trade Bruce yet. But I sure would play Heisey or Nix more. I'm pretty sure, at the major league level, Bruce is getting all the help/advice he needs. He just isn't producing as consistently as he should, or at least as much as we expect him to. I like Bruce, but I think he has been over valued and over-hyped and can't meet fans' expectations. It's time to give somebody else some playing time.

brm7675
07-20-2010, 10:40 AM

Could you please "tell" us how he just doesn't have it?

brm7675
07-20-2010, 10:41 AM
Agreed he is horrible and my patient has run its course.

BTW thanks Reds fans for running Adam Dunn out of town.

He is like what 23 years old? You have very little patients...

bounty37h
07-20-2010, 10:43 AM

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/users/photos/000/119/838/me_crop_257x257.jpg?1259890266

Is that Jim Careys strung out brother? And is he pointing at his mouth herpes, or showing the size of....?

brm7675
07-20-2010, 10:43 AM
I am not going to spout out defensive numbers, Bruce is a heck of a defender. But right now Gomes and Stubbs are both out producing Bruce at the dish. How much of a fall off would Heisey be? If Bruce could be traded for a Soria the Reds would be insane not to do it.

No they would be flat out idiots to do it. You DO NOT TRADE EVERYDAY PLAYERS FOR A CLOSER. Closers are a dime a dozen, hell Homer Bailey could be a closer, Logan Ondrusek could be a closer. You don't trade everyday players, ESPECIALLY ones with so much upside that Bruce offers for someone who playin in mabe 30% of the games in a season. My god people get a clue.

RedsFanInBama
07-20-2010, 10:46 AM
No they would be flat out idiots to do it. You DO NOT TRADE EVERYDAY PLAYERS FOR A CLOSER. Closers are a dime a dozen, hell Homer Bailey could be a closer, Logan Ondrusek could be a closer. You don't trade everyday players, ESPECIALLY ones with so much upside that Bruce offers for someone who playin in mabe 30% of the games in a season. My god people get a clue.

Starters play in 20% of the games in a season. Would you trade Bruce for one of the best starters in the league? BTW, Cordero has appeared in nearly 50% of our games this season.

brm7675
07-20-2010, 10:49 AM
Starters play in 20% of the games in a season. Would you trade Bruce for one of the best starters in the league?

Who is the starter? It would have to be for someone like Lee, Oswalt or such, and then I would be very weary. Great Starters are harder to find then closers, so I would deal Bruce for a quality starter, similar to the Hamilton for Volquez deal.

KOBasinger
07-20-2010, 11:19 AM
He shouldn't be punched..I wouldn't be too upset with the trade if it was just straight up.

ian_madden
07-20-2010, 11:57 AM
I keep Jay Bruce. I'm happy Dunn is gone. Jay Bruce plays awesome defense, his hitting WILL come around, he has only been in the league for 2 years, and he is still very cheap.

big boy
07-20-2010, 12:22 PM

Anyone can reply to a thread here, too.

DirtyBaker
07-20-2010, 01:10 PM
Good closers aren't a dime a dozen. If anyone knows this its us Reds fans.

Trace's Daddy
07-20-2010, 01:29 PM
Is that Jim Careys strung out brother? And is he pointing at his mouth herpes, or showing the size of....?

Hahahaaa:thumbup:

brm7675
07-20-2010, 01:35 PM
Good closers aren't a dime a dozen. If anyone knows this its us Reds fans.

no they are a dime a dozen, look around the league. Heck look at St. Louis? Whom is their closer? that's right former Reds bullpen arm Ryan Franklin. Heck right now I can see 2-3 guys in the Reds present bullpen I could see as closers.

Bray
Rhodes
Ondrusek

sivman17
07-20-2010, 01:40 PM
no they are a dime a dozen, look around the league. Heck look at St. Louis? Whom is their closer? that's right former Reds bullpen arm Ryan Franklin. Heck right now I can see 2-3 guys in the Reds present bullpen I could see as closers.

Bray
Rhodes
Ondrusek

I agree with this. Why would we want to trade Bruce for a closer? Closers can be dominant and then fall off the face of the earth. Young, hard-hitting, strong-armed, left-handed sluggers are much more of a prize and a need than a closer.

RedsFanInBama
07-20-2010, 02:07 PM
You're using the term "slugger" pretty liberally if you're describing Bruce as one.