PDA

View Full Version : a bruce trade?

bounty37h
07-20-2010, 02:29 PM
I got some random email that I couldnt open, I get it on my work account from time to time, but have never been able to open it, some fansite of some kind. Anyway, the title of this one was bruce in trade talks. I know take this for what its worth, not much, but has anyone heard/seen anything like this anywhere else-I know all sorts of names and ideas pop up this time of year, but was curious what this one is "proposing"....

brm7675
07-20-2010, 02:32 PM
It would have to take a "blow me away" franchise changing deal I think for Walt to move Bruce. Bruce has so much upside and is still so young I just don't see him going anywere. Now Stubbs or Heisey I could see going, but not Bruce at this point.

KOBasinger
07-20-2010, 02:32 PM
http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83748

bounty37h
07-20-2010, 02:38 PM
I did see that earlier- this isnt the same site, but prob as legit/reliable. The headline seemed to make it sound like more of a targeted person rather then throwing darts and seeing what ya get though.

KOBasinger
07-20-2010, 02:39 PM
I did see that earlier- this isnt the same site, but prob as legit/reliable. The headline seemed to make it sound like more of a targeted person rather then throwing darts and seeing what ya get though.

Ahh ok. Sounded quite similar so I put that up there. Sorry.

bounty37h
07-20-2010, 02:50 PM
No prob, it very easliy could be tied together with that other one, bunch of hacks speculating like we do, except they get paid for it....

GIDP
07-20-2010, 02:51 PM
No one from Bleacher report gets paid

DocRed
07-20-2010, 03:39 PM
I think Red's fans and management to some extent tend to overestimate the trade value of our players. Of course that is probably somewhat true of every fanbase.

scott91575
07-20-2010, 03:48 PM
No one from Bleacher report gets paid

They also tend to be mentally handicapped.

DocRed
07-20-2010, 04:01 PM
They also tend to be mentally handicapped.

Yep they are bad....they are the ones that said Marmol for Heisey was a done deal LOL.

Hondo
07-20-2010, 04:48 PM
Just so ya know... Bruce better not get traded. I thing he has HUGE upside.

Thats my 3 cents.

BigJohn
07-20-2010, 05:36 PM
Think Paul Oneil.

redssince75
07-20-2010, 05:49 PM
It would have to take a "blow me away" franchise changing deal I think for Walt to move Bruce. Bruce has so much upside and is still so young I just don't see him going anywere. Now Stubbs or Heisey I could see going, but not Bruce at this point.

Huh?? Right now, Stubbs=Heisey=Bruce. Not a nickels worth of difference between them that I can see.

But if you want to talk career upside, Heisey>Stubbs>Bruce. Just the opposite of what you said.

The Voice of IH
07-20-2010, 06:03 PM
Yea, I am on the side of not even thinking about trading Bruce. Jay Bruce has a bright feature as a Cincinnati Red, he has played in the league for 2 years now, and I think it is only a matter of time that he starts Racking

sivman17
07-20-2010, 06:21 PM
If the Reds trade Bruce he will become a great hitter and the Reds organization and its fans will regret it for years. Let's all be patient with him. He's 23. He has shown upside at times. He's a tremendous fielder and has deceptive speed. He just hasn't put it all together for months at a time. We have to be patient with this one.

bgwilly31
07-20-2010, 06:27 PM
I say trade him now while everyone thinks he's young and still has a HUGE upside.

Rather than waiting until he turns into the next EE and all we get is a bucket of balls. And spent too much money.

sivman17
07-20-2010, 06:30 PM
I say trade him now while everyone thinks he's young and still has a HUGE upside.

Rather than waiting until he turns into the next EE and all we get is a bucket of balls. And spent too much money.

He will never turn into EE; Bruce is wayyy better defensively. But offensively, I guess he could turn into a EE/Wily Mo/Austin Kearns type player.

bgwilly31
07-20-2010, 06:33 PM
He will never turn into EE; Bruce is wayyy better defensively. But offensively, I guess he could turn into a EE/Wily Mo/Austin Kearns type player.

EE showed promise and everyone here praised EE defensive capabilities at times.

he reminds me with his reputation around here and him being young. And just the way this seems to be panning out to be exactly like EE for the next 2-3 yrs.

My Biggest problem with bruce. Is his lack of adjustments at the plate. He just goes up there with what seems like the same dumb dumb plan that didnt work the last 50ab's and aint going to work this AB. Change it up. Change your approach, change your hair, change anything. Its not working. its definitely broke. make a change and fix it.

mound_patrol
07-20-2010, 06:33 PM

Wow! I see why I only read the ORG anymore. Come on guys, this guy is only 23 years old and has shown he has taken some strides from last year. He's walked more often and up until this major slump his avg was considerably higher. The guy is already a plus defender and runner, and the offense is coming. Lets give the guy some more time to develop.

bgwilly31
07-20-2010, 08:01 PM
Wow! I see why I only read the ORG anymore. Come on guys, this guy is only 23 years old and has shown he has taken some strides from last year. He's walked more often and up until this major slump his avg was considerably higher. The guy is already a plus defender and runner, and the offense is coming. Lets give the guy some more time to develop.

haha right my post was ignorant and your return statement includes "This kid had improved slightly until he started sucking again."

Same things were said with EE "lets give this kid some time to develope he will come around.

DocRed
07-20-2010, 09:50 PM
The major difference between Stubbs, Heisey and Bruce is Bruce will be making several million next year because he meets the Super Two cutoff for salary arbitration.

GIDP
07-20-2010, 10:23 PM
Hes also 2 years younger than both of them.

Vottomatic
07-20-2010, 10:37 PM

I'm with you.

How long do we have to listen to "he's young and has upside"? Oh yeah, until he's not quite so young and never lived up to all the hype. That's usually how it works.

Trade him while he still has value.

goreds2
07-20-2010, 11:51 PM
I got some random email that I couldnt open, I get it on my work account from time to time, but have never been able to open it, some fansite of some kind. Anyway, the title of this one was bruce in trade talks. I know take this for what its worth, not much, but has anyone heard/seen anything like this anywhere else-I know all sorts of names and ideas pop up this time of year, but was curious what this one is "proposing"....

http://reason.com/assets/mc/mwelch/2009_11/clinton_laughing.jpg

bounty37h
07-21-2010, 03:19 PM
I think Red's fans and management to some extent tend to overestimate the trade value of our players. Of course that is probably somewhat true of every fanbase.

?? Where was there anything about players or trade value in this thread?

Hondo
07-22-2010, 06:31 AM

Dude, people here underestimate the Value of the Reds players...

It is over and over and over again...

Like when someone mentions, oh lets say, John Buck of the Blue Jays...

People especially upstairs (ORG), are like... "Well that would take probably no less than Mike Leake, Yonder Alonso, and we might have to throw in probably 2 more guys as well to get that done... Like Fransico and Wood...

Look at what Texas traded for LEE... Smoak was obviously a STUD... But it wasnt a whole bunch of 100% cant miss 3-4 MEGA Prospects that landed him...

These people always underestimate the value of the Reds Players and OVERESTIMATE the cost of aquiring other teams Players...