PDA

View Full Version : Why Orlando needs to sit more then play

brm7675
07-20-2010, 05:44 PM
A very bright person over at Redlegs.com provided this information as to why the Reds should seek out a quality SS. My question if this info is so easy to be found, how does Dusty continue to play Orlando?

"That said, with the trade deadline approaching fast, there is still room for improvement. Cabrera has been awful at shortstop, as his .286 wOBA ranks only above Ryan Theriot and Alcides Escobar among qualified NL shortstops. And the fact that the Reds still have the NLís best infield in spite of Cabrera is a testament to the excellence of Votto, Phillips and Rolen. Cabrera still brings roughly average defense to the table, but heís a black hole at the plate. He doesnít walk (20 this season) and has little to no power (three homers thus far). As such, heís been only a 0.5 WAR player."

Kiss the Baby00
07-20-2010, 05:56 PM
are you trying to set a record for most threads started in one day?

brm7675
07-20-2010, 06:08 PM

nope just pointing out issues that our manager seems to be willing to ignore.:thumbup:

scott91575
07-20-2010, 08:00 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_xRZs_6kUJag/S_b3H_eQXqI/AAAAAAAAD4M/mVz47kkKuEU/s1600/then.png

Unless of course you are saying his problem is he needs to spend more time sitting before he goes out to play a game.

The Voice of IH
07-20-2010, 08:39 PM
:jump:

Cant Touch This
07-20-2010, 10:16 PM
Is that bear yelling HARANG?

sivman17
07-20-2010, 10:20 PM
Unless of course you are saying his problem is he needs to spend more time sitting before he goes out to play a game.

LMAO

scott91575
07-21-2010, 06:52 AM
Is that bear yelling HARANG?

He might be. I often have the same reaction when Harang pitches.

Fon Duc Tow
07-21-2010, 09:14 AM
A very bright person over at Redlegs.com provided this information as to why the Reds should seek out a quality SS. My question if this info is so easy to be found, how does Dusty continue to play Orlando?

I think Dusty can answer this one himself:

What I meant is that blacks and Latins take the heat better than most whites. I'll get Janish some PT after it cools off a bit. Maybe late September. -Dusty Baker, stands by his comments that black and Hispanic players are better suited to playing in the sun and heat than white players

Trace's Daddy
07-21-2010, 09:52 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_xRZs_6kUJag/S_b3H_eQXqI/AAAAAAAAD4M/mVz47kkKuEU/s1600/then.png

Then & Than: One of my pet peeves - thanks for that laugh Scott! :thumbup:

The Voice of IH
07-21-2010, 10:42 AM
Originally Posted by Fon Duc Tow
What I meant is that blacks and Latins take the heat better than most whites. I'll get Janish some PT after it cools off a bit. Maybe late September. -Dusty Baker, stands by his comments that black and Hispanic players are better suited to playing in the sun and heat than white players

Where did you get that quote from?

RedsFanInBama
07-21-2010, 10:51 AM

I'm 100% convinced that brm is trying to get a late-season call-up to the ORG.

GIDP
07-21-2010, 10:57 AM
Where did you get that quote from?

Dusty once said these 2 things when he was managing in Chicago

"It's easier for most Latin guys and it's easier for most minority people because most of us come from heat," Baker said. "You don't find too many brothers in New Hampshire and Maine and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. ... We were brought over here for the heat, right? Isn't that history? Weren't we brought over because we could take the heat?"

then said

"What I meant is that blacks and Latins take the heat better than most whites, and whites take the cold better than most blacks and Latins. That's it, pure and simple. Nothing deeper than that."

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/nl/cubs/2003-07-07-baker_x.htm

RedsFanInBama
07-21-2010, 11:15 AM
It's a shame some of us can't let it go. Any particular reason you chose to inject race into this thread?

Fon Duc Tow
07-21-2010, 06:05 PM
It's a shame some of us can't let it go. Any particular reason you chose to inject race into this thread?

People are baffled as to why Janish rots on the bench while Cabrera and even Cairo get all the PT, despite the numbers.

I submit that Dusty had already answered that question years ago.

sivman17
07-21-2010, 06:12 PM
Then & Than: One of my pet peeves:

I'm the say way with affect and effect.... their, there, and they're... its and it's

sivman17
07-21-2010, 06:13 PM
I'm 100% convinced that brm is trying to get a late-season call-up to the ORG.

He's on his way to being sent down.. wherever that is

Kingspoint
07-21-2010, 07:52 PM
Why Orlando needs to sit more then play?

Why, you ask?

Why?

Because he sucks!

Kingspoint
07-21-2010, 07:52 PM
.213 AVG vs Righthanders.

.550 OPS vs Righthanders.