PDA

View Full Version : Reds recall RHP Carlos Fisher, option Micah Owings to Louisville.

Homer Bailey
07-21-2010, 04:22 PM
CincinnatiReds Reds recall RHP Carlos Fisher, option RHP Micah Owings to Louisville.

http://twitter.com/CincinnatiReds/status/19098477064

reds44
07-21-2010, 04:23 PM
Wow, that's a surprise. I didn't think they'd move Owings until Izzy was ready. Can't really complain, though.

klw
07-21-2010, 04:25 PM
I'm surprised because I thought Owings was out of options.

membengal
07-21-2010, 04:33 PM
Guess the Reds front office is as frustrated with Owings as a bunch of us on this board...

Kc61
07-21-2010, 04:34 PM
Good move. Fisher has great AAA numbers this year. Owings needs the regular work to get back to form. Makes sense.

nemesis
07-21-2010, 04:57 PM
This seems like a temporary move since Dusty used Fisher earlier in the year like he has used Owings lately. Just filling a hole that Isringhausen will fill in a couple weeks.

Degenerate39
07-21-2010, 04:58 PM
When in the world does Chapman come up?

dougdirt
07-21-2010, 04:59 PM
When in the world does Chapman come up?

When he is ready?

membengal
07-21-2010, 05:03 PM
This seems like a temporary move since Dusty used Fisher earlier in the year like he has used Owings lately. Just filling a hole that Isringhausen will fill in a couple weeks.

Of course. But it still also speaks to their frustration with Owings. They didn't want to wait around the two weeks or so until Izzy is ready.

TeamBoone
07-21-2010, 05:11 PM
I think it was unfair to Micah, considering how little he's been used recently. Anyone would be rusty.

And the hounding to bring Chapman up, reminds me of the Bailey hype. And the Reds finally gave up and brought him into the fold too early. I hope they don't do that this time.

TRF
07-21-2010, 05:15 PM
I think it was unfair to Micah, considering how little he's been used recently. Anyone would be rusty.

And the hounding to bring Chatman up, reminds me of the Bailey hype. And the Reds finally gave up and brought him into the fold too early. I hope they don't do that this time.

That was a FO (Krivsky) that saw the writing on the wall. It was a desperate move that clearly isn't needed here. Chapman will probably get a Sept. callup.

Edd Roush
07-21-2010, 05:38 PM
I think this move was necessary due to the lack of available arms tonight. The only two who didn't pitch out of the pen last night were Smith and Ondrusek. Cordero and Masset had gone back to back days and Bray needs tonight off. In case rain plays a factor tonight, we need another reliever.

SirFelixCat
07-21-2010, 06:20 PM
Fisher = shuffling deck chairs, imo. It's kinda moot, anyway, since Izzy/Springer will be here in a couple of weeks.

Blimpie
07-21-2010, 06:52 PM
I still like Owings as a part of this team in the future. It is not exactly ideal to pitch after 16-day layoffs.

There are 30 million reasons that Chapman will be called up when the rosters expand. Despite his control problems, he will put fannies in the seats.

mdccclxix
07-21-2010, 07:44 PM
I still like Owings as a part of this team in the future. It is not exactly ideal to pitch after 16-day layoffs.

There are 30 million reasons that Chapman will be called up when the rosters expand. Despite his control problems, he will put fannies in the seats.

I think he's getting squeezed though. Too talented to sit for 2 weeks between games. He'd be a nice trade piece and I'm totally willing to let him go.

RED VAN HOT
07-21-2010, 09:20 PM
My first impression of this move was that the purpose was to give Owings some work. Obviously, he was rusty. Better to iron out the kinks in Louisville than in Cincinnati.

mth123
07-21-2010, 09:37 PM
My first impression of this move was that the purpose was to give Owings some work. Obviously, he was rusty. Better to iron out the kinks in Louisville than in Cincinnati.

1. Owings gets work.
2. Fisher provides a fresh arm
3. Could it be a showcase of Fisher? Guess he'g have to get in a game for that.

Slyder
07-22-2010, 03:21 AM
Guess the Reds front office is as frustrated with Owings as a bunch of us on this board...

Maybe Owings will get a chance to work on some stuff more than once every couple weeks now and we can still use him as trade bait.

TeamBoone
07-23-2010, 06:03 PM
Cordero and Masset had gone back to back days...

If Cordero can't be expected to go more than back-to-back days, one inning at a time, then there's something wrong.

_Sir_Charles_
07-23-2010, 08:38 PM
Has the move been announced yet about LeCure coming back up to take Cueto's spot due to the flu? If so, who's heading to the DL? Rolen?

dougdirt
07-23-2010, 08:40 PM
Has the move been announced yet about LeCure coming back up to take Cueto's spot due to the flu? If so, who's heading to the DL? Rolen?

Lecure won't actually be placed on the roster unless he is needed. Right now, he is just hanging out. If Cueto can go tomorrow, Lecure will never actually be put on the Reds roster.

Big Klu
07-24-2010, 03:40 PM
Lecure won't actually be placed on the roster unless he is needed. Right now, he is just hanging out. If Cueto can go tomorrow, Lecure will never actually be put on the Reds roster.

Right, and if LeCure is activated, I look for either Fisher or Smith to be sent out. Then after he makes his start, LeCure will be sent right back down and likely either Herrera, Del Rosario, or Burton will be called up.

RedsManRick
07-24-2010, 03:46 PM
Does anybody else see the irony of sending our swingman down and then having this Cueto situation? This is why you carry a guy like Owings.

Falls City Beer
07-24-2010, 03:48 PM
Does anybody else see the irony of sending our swingman down and then having this Cueto situation? This is why you carry a guy like Owings.

I would much rather Lecure get the start than Owings. Owings is horrible.

Homer Bailey
07-24-2010, 04:05 PM
I'm going to have to agree with FCB here.

reds44
07-24-2010, 04:06 PM
I'm going to have to agree with FCB here.
Me too.

RedsManRick
07-24-2010, 04:53 PM
I would much rather Lecure get the start than Owings. Owings is horrible.

I'm no huge fan of Owings. But I don't like having to demote an effective reliever because you don't have anybody who can step in when I guy catches a cold.