PDA

View Full Version : Any word on Rolen?

Blitz Dorsey
07-21-2010, 04:54 PM
I wasn't worried when it was just an "illness." I am worried that he had to have a cortisone shot in his hamstring and still hasn't been able to play for almost a week.

Need the big guy back!

Blitz Dorsey
07-21-2010, 07:12 PM
This really stinks. Not in there again tonight. I really hope this isn't more serious than the team is letting on.

Big Klu
07-21-2010, 07:25 PM
This really stinks. Not in there again tonight. I really hope this isn't more serious than the team is letting on.

If it were more serious, they would have disabled him already. He is day-to-day, and they are seeing how he is responding to treatment. However, they are rapidly approaching the threshold where a decision will have to be made.

RedsManRick
07-21-2010, 07:37 PM
I've never seen a team more willing to short-hand itself by refusing to put injured players on the DL>

Big Klu
07-21-2010, 07:50 PM
I've never seen a team more willing to short-hand itself by refusing to put injured players on the DL>

Let's say that Rolen is ready to go tomorrow, but you have already put him on the DL. You now have one of your best players healthy and unavailable for the next ten days.

The type of injury he has is one that can clear up fairly quickly. As soon as he is able to run and move without soreness, he will be pronounced as fit and ready to go. Could be tomorrow--could be a week from now. hat is why they are waiting. However, they are rapidly approaching the point where a decision will have to be made. I would guess another 3-4 days, max.

Redsfan320
07-21-2010, 09:14 PM
From Fay:

Scott Rolen is progressing slowly from his right hamstring pull.

“He is doing a lot of exercises, trainer Paul Lessard said. “We increase it each day.”

Rolen has been able to run.

“But only straightforward stuff,” Lessard said. “The real test will be when he stops and starts and zigs and zags.”

The Reds are still hoping to avoid the disabled list. If Rolen went on the DL now, he would be eligible July 31.

Mario-Rijo
07-21-2010, 09:17 PM

Penny pinchers.

reds44
07-21-2010, 09:22 PM
Honestly, I'd just put him on the DL. It doesn't seem like he's going to be ready in the next few days.

fearofpopvol1
07-22-2010, 02:30 AM
Let's say that Rolen is ready to go tomorrow, but you have already put him on the DL. You now have one of your best players healthy and unavailable for the next ten days.

The type of injury he has is one that can clear up fairly quickly. As soon as he is able to run and move without soreness, he will be pronounced as fit and ready to go. Could be tomorrow--could be a week from now. hat is why they are waiting. However, they are rapidly approaching the point where a decision will have to be made. I would guess another 3-4 days, max.

The problem is...if they would have DL'ed him right after it happened, it still probably will be close to 15 days from start to finish. And in the interim, the Reds have shorthanded the bench.

Big Klu
07-22-2010, 02:41 AM
The problem is...if they would have DL'ed him right after it happened, it still probably will be close to 15 days from start to finish. And in the interim, the Reds have shorthanded the bench.

That's possible. But the Reds are hoping that he will be ready in less than 15 days (at first 2-3 days, but now more like maybe 7-10).

reds1869
07-22-2010, 08:06 AM
Whatever the case, I'm sure he is itching to play. Despite the opinion of the original poster in the link below. Threads like that make me sick. Scott Rolen is the last person on any team that needs called out!

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2167715#post2167715

bucksfan2
07-22-2010, 08:29 AM

If you are talking about previous versions of the Reds then I agree with you. But this current front office and management hasn't done what you are talking about. Rolen isn't on the DL because they feel he will be ready to play before a 15 day DL is exhausted. Its not like the former Reds where they would send a KGJ up to pinch hit and not allow them to retroactive the DL stint. I would imagine Rolen will be on the field or DL within a day or two.

FWIW the Reds now are 4-2 without Rolen's services on this home stand.

Ghosts of 1990
07-22-2010, 09:46 AM
I'm predicting that he returns this Saturday in Houston.

westofyou
07-22-2010, 09:57 AM
Whatever the case, I'm sure he is itching to play. Despite the opinion of the original poster in the link below. Threads like that make me sick. Scott Rolen is the last person on any team that needs called out!

Best post ever!!

Saw it last night, it might be termed a crime of passion.

RichRed
07-22-2010, 10:11 AM
Best post ever!!

Saw it last night, it might be termed a crime of passion.

You'll have to forgive him. The Reds have "literally driven [him] to the brink of insanity." He's not a well man.

George Anderson
07-22-2010, 10:15 AM

I just read that masterpiece.

Someone has overdosed on the clueless pills.

Ghosts of 1990
07-22-2010, 10:22 AM
Reds feel like they're driving me to the brink of insanity some nights. But it could be worse. We could be Cleveland browns fans.

macro
07-22-2010, 10:31 AM
Guys, please refrain from discussing posters in the Sun Deck forum or their posts, given that they are unable to post or defend themselves in this thread.

reds1869
07-22-2010, 12:10 PM
Guys, please refrain from discussing posters in the Sun Deck forum or their posts, given that they are unable to post or defend themselves in this thread.

Will do. Sorry about that.

Blitz Dorsey
07-22-2010, 12:40 PM

Said poster couldn't even defend himself in the Sun Deck after that beaut. I think when someone on the JV posts something that absurd, there is nothing wrong with the varsity laughing at him and ridiculing him. Calling Scott Rolen soft is akin to calling Brooklyn Decker frumpy.

And I was actually going to call him out on the thread in question, but it was locked by the time I saw it. And rightfully so.

NDRed
07-22-2010, 12:48 PM
MLB Network announcer said Rolen would be back this weekend. Hope he is right.

macro
07-22-2010, 04:07 PM
Said poster couldn't even defend himself in the Sun Deck after that beaut. I think when someone on the JV posts something that absurd, there is nothing wrong with the varsity laughing at him and ridiculing him. Calling Scott Rolen soft is akin to calling Brooklyn Decker frumpy.

And I was actually going to call him out on the thread in question, but it was locked by the time I saw it. And rightfully so.

There is absolutely something wrong with the "varsity" "laughing at him and ridiculing him". (Separate sets of quote marks are intentional.) This is the reason the two forums were separated in the first place.

Let the members of the Sun Deck reply to and address comments made in that forum, and the same will be required of them with regard to this one.

Oh, and which tread was locked? :confused:

Cedric
07-22-2010, 04:11 PM
There is absolutely something wrong with the "varsity" "laughing at him and ridiculing him". (Separate sets of quote marks are intentional.) This is the reason the two forums were separated in the first place.

Let the members of the Sun Deck reply to and address comments made in that forum, and the same will be required of them with regard to this one.

Oh, and which tread was locked? :confused:

This is the "varsity?"

I don't even wear my lettered jacket in here like I should then!

medford
07-22-2010, 04:26 PM
This is the "varsity?"

What'll ya have, what'll ya have, what'll ya have?!?