PDA

View Full Version : why is cairo playing 3rd?

rolenmvp
07-21-2010, 10:05 PM
that is 2 stupid plays he has failed to make tonight, he makes a play on the first play he gets a doubleplay, if he catches it there, it could of been a doubleplay, yet? dusty keeps playing him, if I am janish I would petition to find me another place to play, janish's defense is way better than that stuff.

Kingspoint
07-21-2010, 10:13 PM
Why is Cairo on the team?

Norm
07-21-2010, 10:33 PM
Maybe he's hitting him in front of Stubbs so Drew can see what it's like to occasionally put the ball in play!

Krawhitham
07-21-2010, 11:50 PM
that is 2 stupid plays he has failed to make tonight

and one last night

his defense has cost the reds 4 runs in two games

GIDP
07-22-2010, 12:02 AM
Hes playing 3rd because Dusty thinks hes a better hitter than Janish and probably doesnt think hes all that worse on defense over there.

the other reason is terrible roster management by Walt and Dusty. They went into the season knowing that Rolen needs days off and the best they came up with was a career .675 OPS hitter who is just as old.

knoonan991
07-22-2010, 02:37 AM
Come on you can't possibly be serious! Cairo is of the least of the Reds worries right now.

I am as big of a Bronson fan as any but the fact is he got rocked by the Nats tonight.

Cairo is on base 4-4 times, and if Janish gets the start, people moan about how Dusty is trying to throw in the towel against Strasburg.

Sure, Rolen probably would have made those plays, but he's obviously not available. Would you rather see Francisco's D?

The goal tonight was to get runs off of Strasburg, and Cairo contributed on 2 of 3 runs put up against him. When Bronson gives up a homer to Guzman, it's just probably not your night.

Cairo gets the most of all undeserving hatred of any player, after he proves time and time again that he is a more than serviceable replacement for Rolen.

Why is Votto playing first, he grounded out with the bases loaded!? Obviously I'm being facetious, but Rolen's D is above average, we take it for granted. We blame Janish for being in the offense when we can't score, and blame Cairo for being on the field when our D isn't at the caliber it usually is.

Tonight we were putting out the lineup to give us the best chance against Strasburg, and Cairo proved to be the most effective.

knoonan991
07-22-2010, 02:47 AM
the other reason is terrible roster management by Walt and Dusty. They went into the season knowing that Rolen needs days off and the best they came up with was a career .675 OPS hitter who is just as old.

I don't think it's fair to call it terrible management. You have to take into account what Miguel has done so far this year. I think you could call it terrible management if Walt chose to keep Cairo in Cincinnati if he continued at or below his career OPS. I don't think hanging onto him has hurt the team in any way that say an Aaron Miles would.

RedsFanInBama
07-22-2010, 04:31 AM
Cairo is OPSing .799 this season. Pretty damn solid for what basically was your 23rd or 24th man going into the season. I can't complain one bit about the job Miguel has done this season. If I'm going to complain about Janish not playing, it's going to be because Cabrera is, not Cairo.

bounty37h
07-22-2010, 10:42 AM
Cairo is OPSing .799 this season. Pretty damn solid for what basically was your 23rd or 24th man going into the season. I can't complain one bit about the job Miguel has done this season. If I'm going to complain about Janish not playing, it's going to be because Cabrera is, not Cairo.

I gotta agree with this. I wouldn't want to have Cairo as my everyday starting 3'rd baseman, but I am ok with him as our backup.

brm7675
07-22-2010, 11:19 AM
I know on the one play the hot smash that he went up for and couldn't grab was a tough play and I am not sure even Rolen makes that play, so i have no issue with him on that. There is no question that Janish is better in the field, but I can't deny that Cairo has produced at the plate, so I can live with him at third...whom we have playing SS is a whole other matter.

brm7675
07-22-2010, 11:20 AM
Come on you can't possibly be serious! Cairo is of the least of the Reds worries right now.

I am as big of a Bronson fan as any but the fact is he got rocked by the Nats tonight.

Cairo is on base 4-4 times, and if Janish gets the start, people moan about how Dusty is trying to throw in the towel against Strasburg.

Sure, Rolen probably would have made those plays, but he's obviously not available. Would you rather see Francisco's D?

The goal tonight was to get runs off of Strasburg, and Cairo contributed on 2 of 3 runs put up against him. When Bronson gives up a homer to Guzman, it's just probably not your night.

Cairo gets the most of all undeserving hatred of any player, after he proves time and time again that he is a more than serviceable replacement for Rolen.

Why is Votto playing first, he grounded out with the bases loaded!? Obviously I'm being facetious, but Rolen's D is above average, we take it for granted. We blame Janish for being in the offense when we can't score, and blame Cairo for being on the field when our D isn't at the caliber it usually is.

Tonight we were putting out the lineup to give us the best chance against Strasburg, and Cairo proved to be the most effective.

Given how well Bronson has pitched this season, nights like this one are going to happen to all pitchers, I am not concerned.

knoonan991
07-22-2010, 12:23 PM
[/LIST]
Given how well Bronson has pitched this season, nights like this one are going to happen to all pitchers, I am not concerned.

I agree 100 percent, Bronson will have a bad game every once in awhile and last night was one of those rare occurences, no worrying from me.

:thumbup:

Krawhitham
07-22-2010, 12:43 PM

Janish is OPSing at .827 this season

Krawhitham
07-22-2010, 12:45 PM
[/LIST]

I agree 100 percent, Bronson will have a bad game every once in awhile and last night was one of those rare occurences, no worrying from me.

:thumbup:

I'm not concerned with BA either

Cairo cost him 2-3 runs and Bray gassed in two more

Hondo
07-22-2010, 09:16 PM
I'm not concerned with BA either

Cairo cost him 2-3 runs and Bray gassed in two more

I would have liked the Reds to traded like a Micah Owings for Alex Gordon to fill in until Rolen is back...

Thats doable and a change of scenery and a short right field portch might help AG out!

Kiko
07-22-2010, 10:08 PM
I have no problem with Cairo getting a spot start and coming off the bench. He has filled in nicely for Votto and Rolen. In fact, when he is playing I would bat him 2nd instead of Cabrera. Janish needs to spell Cabrera more at SS.