PDA

View Full Version : Dear Scott Rolen,

will5979
07-21-2010, 11:08 PM
Eat your man pill and get your ass back in this lineup. YOU are costing us games by you not being in the lineup everynight. If you really want to act like an old school player then play as if this is your part time job and someone is just waiting to steal your 3B starting position. Rub some elbow grease on whatever "injury" you have and get out there to win this division, you have the rest of your life to be mediocre and let injuries get the best of you...this is your Glory Days, if you want it, I'm not sure if YOU or the rest of this TEAM really wants it or not.

IN other words, I don't buy your team's so called passion, I don't believe you. Thats right I'm calling you and the rest of this team out. Where is your pride? This is your chance to be great and you are watching the parade of opportunity go by.

Sincerely,

Will, a very passionate Reds fan that seems to care more about the success of the team and winning than you.

Griffey012
07-21-2010, 11:37 PM
Eat your man pill and get your ass back in this lineup. YOU are costing us games by you not being in the lineup everynight. If you really want to act like an old school player then play as if this is your part time job and someone is just waiting to steal your 3B starting position. Rub some elbow grease on whatever "injury" you have and get out there to win this division, you have the rest of your life to be mediocre and let injuries get the best of you...this is your Glory Days, if you want it, I'm not sure if YOU or the rest of this TEAM really wants it or not.

IN other words, I don't buy your team's so called passion, I don't believe you. Thats right I'm calling you and the rest of this team out. Where is your pride? This is your chance to be great and you are watching the parade of opportunity go by.

Sincerely,

Will, a very passionate Reds fan that seems to care more about the success of the team and winning than you.

Wow, this is just a pitiful, pathetic, and an embarrassing post. Please anyone new to RedsZone don't let this guy speak for the rest of us. We are an intelligent bunch.

By the way, the team will never read YOUR post, so it doesn't matter if you call them out, it just makes you sound well....ignorant.

You want Rolen for a few games now and then tear his hamstring and be done ala Griffey JR back in the day? Or do you want Rolen for August, Sept, and Oct...that sounds like putting the team first.

I really can't believe someone on this board just called out Scott Rolen's passion, go eat dog doo doo.

Sorry for being a bit inappropriate mods.

will5979
07-21-2010, 11:41 PM
Wow, this is just a pitiful, pathetic, and an embarrassing post. Please anyone new to RedsZone don't let this guy speak for the rest of us. We are an intelligent bunch.

STOP acting like this board is your damn life and quit trying to impress the elite bunch in the ORG. This team has literally driven me to the brink of insanity, the Cards are starting to pull away and we have literally let every game in the month of July slip away.

mlh1981
07-21-2010, 11:47 PM
We took 2/3 from a very good Rockies team, and have taken 2/3 from the Nationals thus far. Sure, we got swept in Philly, but played very well vs. the Mets and Cubs.

The Cards will cool off. This is part of the ebb and flow. Pennant races are tense, and there will be a lot of adversity to overcome between now and then.

Look, I get pissed too, and I want to win as badly as the next fan, but Rolen has been a huge part of this team, and I don't doubt him on this one. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. He's a pro's pro.

will5979
07-21-2010, 11:50 PM
We took 2/3 from a very good Rockies team, and have taken 2/3 from the Nationals thus far. Sure, we got swept in Philly, but played very well vs. the Mets and Cubs.

The Cards will cool off. This is part of the ebb and flow. Pennant races are tense, and there will be a lot of adversity to overcome between now and then.

Look, I get pissed too, and I want to win as badly as the next fan, but Rolen has been a huge part of this team, and I don't doubt him on this one. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. He's a pro's pro.

Hope you're right bro. The winning is contagious and I'll admit that I have a piss poor attitude when it comes to losing, I'm a VERY sore loser, I hate losing, I can't stand it, I wouldn't give a hootin hell to someone that lost and laughs about it cause Americans love a winner!!!

AccordinglyReds
07-21-2010, 11:52 PM
Wow.

You calling out Scott Rolen on a message board will get him healthy and back in the lineup.

I should have thought of that first. /facepalm

Maker_84
07-21-2010, 11:55 PM
he would have made no difference tonight, he can still be a leader in the dugout so its not like we were completely w/o him

Rijo's Ghost
07-22-2010, 12:00 AM
STOP acting like this board is your damn life and quit trying to impress the elite bunch in the ORG. This team has literally driven me to the brink of insanity, the Cards are starting to pull away and we have literally let every game in the month of July slip away.
except for the games they won, which was literally half of them

will5979
07-22-2010, 12:01 AM
Good God now Votto gets the day off tomorrow, good job Dusty, bench our best player...can this night get any worse for me?

sabometrics
07-22-2010, 12:26 AM
Good God now Votto gets the day off tomorrow, good job Dusty, bench our best player...can this night get any worse for me?

Probably, whenever you run out of whatever it is you're smoking.

Take a big breath and relax. Todays loss was a tough one to take, but you can't win them all. Either can the Cards, they'll lose a few too eventually. Lets take 3 of 4 tomorrow.

bshall2105
07-22-2010, 01:06 AM
We can't go one loss without an extremely negative thread toward the team.

BRM13
07-22-2010, 01:09 AM

Sincerely,

Then maybe you should play for him.

Orodle
07-22-2010, 01:47 AM
wow the least of people that need to be called out is Scott Rolen, please get a clue.

malcontent
07-22-2010, 03:10 AM
You'd think Baker would wait till Sunday when they face Rodriguez to give him the day off. He doesn't seem to consider the schedule when he makes the decision to rest guys.

Hernandez could be trouble for that lineup with both Votto and Rolen out.

And this playing short business is getting real old. Of course, that's on Jocketty.

:confused:

RedsFanInBama
07-22-2010, 03:24 AM
No reason to freak out. So, we lost a game. We're playing fine. We're 4-2 since the All-Star break with a solid chance to make it 5-2 tomorrow.

The Cardinals are on fire right now, but they won't stay that hot. Nobody does. If we keep winning series, we're going to be just fine.

Also, Joey has not hit much since the All-Star break. Maybe he needs a day off.

muddie
07-22-2010, 03:48 AM
Dare I mention that Cairo was 2 for 2 last night with 2 RBI and two BB. He's hitting a shade over .300. I don't see where Rolen's absence last night really hurt the team. Just thinking out loud....

scott91575
07-22-2010, 07:01 AM

Sincerely,

You ate a lot of paint chips as a child, didn't you?

muddie
07-22-2010, 07:20 AM
You ate a lot of paint chips as a child, didn't you?

Specifically, point out where my post is in error.

scott91575
07-22-2010, 07:47 AM
Specifically, point out where my post is in error.

I didn't quote you and the post is a general reply to the OP. Sorry. Not meant for you. Fixed it for you.

muddie
07-22-2010, 08:05 AM
Cool, my mistake.

Jefferson24
07-22-2010, 08:16 AM
Dare I mention that Cairo was 2 for 2 last night with 2 RBI and two BB. He's hitting a shade over .300. I don't see where Rolen's absence last night really hurt the team. Just thinking out loud....

Rolen may have made those two plays at third that Cairo didn't. He may also have went 0 for 4 and it would have been a loss either way. I just want him back healthy preferably sooner than later but not too soon. I'm not knocking Cairo but he's no Rolen.

sivman17
07-22-2010, 08:22 AM
Cairo is a terrible fielder. I admit he's swinging a hot bat as of late, but with the old men manning the left side of the infield, we are playing with a handicap.

muddie
07-22-2010, 08:40 AM
Rolen may have made those two plays at third that Cairo didn't. He may also have went 0 for 4 and it would have been a loss either way. I just want him back healthy preferably sooner than later but not too soon. I'm not knocking Cairo but he's no Rolen.

I would much rather have Rolen in the line up as well. Unfortunately, he has a history of time off the field for injuries.

webbbj
07-22-2010, 08:43 AM
some people get way too high and way too low after every game.

3 game winning streak: "theres no way the reds dont go to the WS"
1 loss: "this team is dead their ready to fall apart"

markymark69
07-22-2010, 08:55 AM
No question not having Rolen in the line-up is detrimental, they are a different team without him being out there. I have to think if it was as simple as taking a pill to fix a hamstring problem he would be in there.

If he takes a pill, as was suggested, and plays with a bum hamstring and he blows it out, he could miss the rest of the season and that would be far worse.

In this case I have to agree with my "adversary" brm7675, hamstrings are not something that you get over quickly, certainly not just by taking a pill.

While I appreciate your passion, calling out Scott Rolen to take a pill and get back out there is a bit over the top to say the least. Relax, enjoy the season and let's see how this thing plays out.

bounty37h
07-22-2010, 09:37 AM

Red in Atl
07-22-2010, 10:18 AM

Sincerely,

Lighten up Francis!!!

brm7675
07-22-2010, 10:21 AM

Sincerely,

You do know he is 36 and you do know a hamstring issue is HUGE and if rushed can lead to long term damage (see Junior) so get off Scotts back and let him heal.

brm7675
07-22-2010, 10:22 AM

Buzz wrong answer, but thanks for playing...:thumbup:

macro
07-22-2010, 10:37 AM

Please refrain from making inflammatory comments about the posters in the Old Red Guard forum, given that they are unable to post or defend themselves in this thread. And yes, I made this same request in the Rolen thread (http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83820&page=2) in that forum, as well as in the Oswalt thread.

brm7675
07-22-2010, 10:38 AM
Hope you're right bro. The winning is contagious and I'll admit that I have a piss poor attitude when it comes to losing, I'm a VERY sore loser, I hate losing, I can't stand it, I wouldn't give a hootin hell to someone that lost and laughs about it cause Americans love a winner!!!

You do grasp the fact that on average MLB teams are going to lose anywhere from 60-80 games per season right?

brm7675
07-22-2010, 10:40 AM
Probably, whenever you run out of whatever it is you're smoking.

Take a big breath and relax. Todays loss was a tough one to take, but you can't win them all. Either can the Cards, they'll lose a few too eventually. Lets take 3 of 4 tomorrow.

I disagree, tonight's loss doesn't and shouldn't bother you. The losses where we either should have won or had it won, now those are killers. tonight Bronson didn't have it and we knew it would be tough scoring runs off the kid. To me a tough one to take was say on Sunday losing 1-0 or the Phils game when you are up by 6 gonig into the 9th and such...

bgwilly31
07-22-2010, 11:05 AM
We need to have a section of Hall of fame Threads.

This would definitely be catagorized in it. :lol:

ThornWithin81
07-22-2010, 11:13 AM
we have literally let every game in the month of July slip away.

Uh, no we haven't. Calm down.

RedsIn07
07-22-2010, 11:18 AM
I've been around these boards for a while, don't post often, but I've been around. Unfortunately we're not blessed with gems like these often, although they're frequency has been increasing of late. Regardless, posts this ridiculous are good for a laugh from time to time.

mound_patrol
07-22-2010, 12:31 PM
I'm sure Scott and the Reds' trainers are doing everything possible to get him back on the field. I just hope the Reds are able to come to a decision soon on whether to DL him or not. I hate having a shortened bench.

foxfire123
07-22-2010, 12:39 PM
He is ONE player on the team. ONE. Important yes, but the rest of the team also needs the gumption and cajones to step up in his place. For the most part that has happened. Frankly, for as much as I kvetch, I'm pretty proud of what they've done so far this year.

Dale4Saul2Red0
07-22-2010, 02:27 PM
Sad post... words can't even describe

redsrolen
07-22-2010, 07:16 PM
This doesn't merit a response, I hope it was a joke! I have never seen an athlete more passionate or stronger than Scott Rolen. Over the years, he has played through more pain than anyone knows! However, he isn't stupid, he knows how much this team needs him, if he goes back early, he'll be out the rest of the year, and then we are in real trouble.