PDA

View Full Version : With the relief market being so thin should the Reds explore moving Rhodes?

klw
07-22-2010, 12:07 PM
At what point should the Reds see what they could get back for Rhodes? He may bring in a considerable return at this point. He has not been as unhittable of late and it may be the ultimate case of selling high. What return would make it worth to risk hampering a stretch run? Is there such a return that would justify the risk? He projects as a Type A free agent so the Reds would get two picks if they offer arbitration but he leaves. Should the Reds offer arbitration if he stays or look at another 2 year deal? Does this equation change if the Reds drop a couple more games in the standings in the next week? His value will probably never be higher than it is now. These questions are in no way a reflection of his recent performance being inadequate- this is not a desire to see him gone in any way shape or form.

Patrick Bateman
07-22-2010, 12:10 PM
I doubt anyone is going to give a significant enough piece for basically any reliever. To answer the question, would take a top prospect, but to me, no team should be willing to give that up for half a year of an old reliever no matter how good the reliever is. I don't think it's worth hampering us.

Falls City Beer
07-22-2010, 12:13 PM
Depending on what happens with the Cards and Oswalt, I'd be looking to unload Arroyo.

To the opening post, interesting tack; though probably not the arm I'd be looking to shed.

REDREAD
07-23-2010, 01:27 AM
I think the Reds should be looking to add another Rhodes, not subtract one.