PDA

View Full Version : Questionable player move

brm7675
07-22-2010, 04:39 PM
How often do you see players return from a stint on the DL and don't go to AAA for at least a couple of games to get thier swing back? I mean really how can you expect someone like Ramon to be able to produce right away without getting some in game experience? plus if you are going to thrust him back into the major league roster, why do you bat him 5th? Again more proof that we really lack true leadership where it counts.

markymark69
07-22-2010, 05:03 PM
How often do you see players return from a stint on the DL and don't go to AAA for at least a couple of games to get thier swing back? I mean really how can you expect someone like Ramon to be able to produce right away without getting some in game experience? plus if you are going to thrust him back into the major league roster, why do you bat him 5th? Again more proof that we really lack true leadership where it counts.

What would have suggest they do? With Rolen not available and Votto not playing today, I don't see where they had much choice. Besides, Dusty said in the pre-game that Ramon has been ready for about three days.

Of course, I know Cairo could have played first and Paul "the Savior" Janish could have played third - but it probably wouldn't have changed much, Volquez didn't give them much of a chance.

Kiss the Baby00
07-22-2010, 05:06 PM
What would have suggest they do? With Rolen not available and Votto not playing today, I don't see where they had much choice. Besides, Dusty said in the pre-game that Ramon has been ready for about three days.

Of course, I know Cairo could have played first and Paul "the Savior" Janish could have played third - but it probably wouldn't have changed much, Volquez didn't give them much of a chance.

its dustys fault tho

brm7675
07-22-2010, 05:31 PM

Wow this is a tough one, how about this, you assign Ramon to AAA for 3-5 games to get his swing back. You DL Rolen and call up Sutton. Today you put Cairo at 1st, giving Votto a day off, you play Janish at SS and Sutton at third and wham there you go. I mean that took me all of about 3 seconds to think up, so why can't Dusty see that?

sivman17
07-22-2010, 05:47 PM
Wow this is a tough one, how about this, you assign Ramon to AAA for 3-5 games to get his swing back. You DL Rolen and call up Sutton. Today you put Cairo at 1st, giving Votto a day off, you play Janish at SS and Sutton at third and wham there you go. I mean that took me all of about 3 seconds to think up, so why can't Dusty see that?

So you really a think an infield consisting of Cairo, Janish, and Sutton are going to produce more than 1 hit? You do realize Hernandez has been putting up his best numbers in his career before he went down to injury.

markymark69
07-22-2010, 05:53 PM

I would take Hernandez batting on his knees before Drew Sutton.

davereds24
07-22-2010, 06:00 PM
This is the at least the 3rd time Hernandez has come off the DL without a rehab stint. He's done it with good success each time so there's no reason not to think this time will be different. What will he gain in 10 AAA AB's? He hit the ball hard a couple times today.

brm7675
07-22-2010, 06:10 PM
So you really a think an infield consisting of Cairo, Janish, and Sutton are going to produce more than 1 hit? You do realize Hernandez has been putting up his best numbers in his career before he went down to injury.

I am not saying keep him down there for a month or so, give him 3-5 games to get back into the swing of it. After that you call him up and send Corky down then.