PDA

View Full Version : 7/24/10 Reds @ Astros--Deep in the Heart of Lefties

Pages : 1 [2]

WVRedsFan
07-24-2010, 10:24 PM
Back in 1st place. Roy who?

kbrake
07-24-2010, 10:25 PM
All we do is win win win no matter what.

HeatherC1212
First place is quite nice again. :D

Reds win! :jump:

Reds Fanatic
Back in first as the Reds win 7-0 on a combined 4 hitter! :beerme:

Redsfan320
3 out
Bottom of 9th over

7-0, Reds

What dooo you know- Reds win!

We're back in 1st! Great job Johnny, great job offense!!!!

:D :D :D

:party:

_Sir_Charles_
That's one crazy fantasy. We both know it will be Evan Longoria.

The Yankees are going to trade for Longoria?

CTA513
07-24-2010, 10:26 PM
Smith forgot to make the 9th inning interesting.

;)

_Sir_Charles_
07-24-2010, 10:27 PM
But, but, but...the cardinals were playing so good and I thought it was the beginning of the end for the second tier Reds? I'm confused.

:O)

Reds Fanatic
07-24-2010, 10:28 PM
Quick game tonight over in 2:16.

Gallen5862
07-24-2010, 10:29 PM
"And This One Belongs To The First Place Reds."

WVRedsFan
07-24-2010, 10:33 PM
You know, this Central Division race is unpredictable. Cards win first 7 games after the break and look to run off and hide. Then they go into Chicago, a hapless team all year, licking their collective Redbird chops. Cubs get better and take two. Reds seem to lack punch and only split with the hapless Nationals. They head to Houston and win the first two, even dominating their long time nemesis, and regain the lead in the Central.

Sir Charles, I don't know what's going to happen, but I don't think you can predict what is going to happen.

CrackerJack
07-24-2010, 10:36 PM
Smith forgot to make the 9th inning interesting.

;)

He doesn't get paid enough to do that. :)

_Sir_Charles_
07-24-2010, 10:40 PM
You know, this Central Division race is unpredictable. Cards win first 7 games after the break and look to run off and hide. Then they go into Chicago, a hapless team all year, licking their collective Redbird chops. Cubs get better and take two. Reds seem to lack punch and only split with the hapless Nationals. They head to Houston and win the first two, even dominating their long time nemesis, and regain the lead in the Central.

Sir Charles, I don't know what's going to happen, but I don't think you can predict what is going to happen.

Okay. I wasn't directing anything at you, just so you know. Just commenting on the overall doom & gloom we were seeing just 2 days ago.

As for predicting...I already made mine and I'm not making any more. I made it before the season started and I'm sticking to it. Its in my sig. Many thought I was overly optimistic...now it's looking like I may have undersold the reds. At least I hope.

reds44
07-24-2010, 10:41 PM
Add another one to my W column, btw.

_Sir_Charles_
07-24-2010, 10:42 PM
Add another one to my W column, btw.

It's gotta be the avatar. :D

WVRedsFan
07-24-2010, 10:44 PM
Berkman flies out to the warning track in left. Runner stays at 2nd. 1 out.

Okay. I wasn't directing anything at you, just so you know. Just commenting on the overall doom & gloom we were seeing just 2 days ago.

As for predicting...I already made mine and I'm not making any more. I made it before the season started and I'm sticking to it. Its in my sig. Many thought I was overly optimistic...now it's looking like I may have undersold the reds. At least I hope.Oh, I knew that, SC. I was just saying that it looked pretty gloomy during the last two games of the Nationals series and they this team goes nuts and wins, making spirits bright. In the meantime the Cardinals just lay an egg in Chicago. Who da thunk it? It's easy to get down when things look bleak, but it appears both teams will have their ups and downs. And as for Oswalt. Looking at his performance tonight, he may be the most expensive has-been on the market.

reds44
07-24-2010, 10:45 PM
It's gotta be the avatar. :D
Hahaha that's true. 2-0 since I changed it.

Degenerate39
07-24-2010, 10:46 PM
Hahaha that's true. 2-0 since I changed it.

If the Reds win out you may be onto something

cincrazy
07-24-2010, 10:51 PM
I think that everyone is waiting for that moment when the curtain is pulled back, and this team is revealed as a fraud, not a wizard. I know myself, several times this year, have braced for impact, for that one losing streak that was going to end it once and for all. I thought Seattle was it. I thought Philly would be tough to recover from. And you know what? Every single time, this team gets off the mat. Cards fans probably aren't surprised when their team fights back, they're used to it.

But with this team, this city... it's been 10 straight years of fold after fold after fold. So we're conditioned to expect nothing but the worst. I don't know if this team is going to the playoffs, baseball is impossible to predict. But what I do know, as of right now, July 24th, this team is going NOWHERE. It's not folding. It's not going on a prolonged losing streak that will send it to .500. It's legit. It's a real life, actual, GOOD team.

And I think it's been so long since any of us have seen that around here, that we kind of forgot what it was like :).

WVRedsFan
07-24-2010, 10:59 PM
I think that everyone is waiting for that moment when the curtain is pulled back, and this team is revealed as a fraud, not a wizard. I know myself, several times this year, have braced for impact, for that one losing streak that was going to end it once and for all. I thought Seattle was it. I thought Philly would be tough to recover from. And you know what? Every single time, this team gets off the mat. Cards fans probably aren't surprised when their team fights back, they're used to it.

But with this team, this city... it's been 10 straight years of fold after fold after fold. So we're conditioned to expect nothing but the worst. I don't know if this team is going to the playoffs, baseball is impossible to predict. But what I do know, as of right now, July 24th, this team is going NOWHERE. It's not folding. It's not going on a prolonged losing streak that will send it to .500. It's legit. It's a real life, actual, GOOD team.

And I think it's been so long since any of us have seen that around here, that we kind of forgot what it was like :).Good analysis. Like you, I brace myself when we lose a couple in a row for the collapse that fortunately never comes.

Fine post.

HokieRed
07-24-2010, 11:06 PM
It's called starting pitching.

reds44
07-24-2010, 11:10 PM
It's called starting pitching.
And the best offense in the NL.
And really good defense.

_Sir_Charles_
07-24-2010, 11:15 PM
And the best offense in the NL.
And really good defense.

Nah. It's the avatar. Nothing else explains it all. :D

HokieRed
07-24-2010, 11:15 PM
The offense is important but what stops slides is starting pitching.

Tornon
07-24-2010, 11:24 PM
There's no doubt Cueto is the ace right now. I think if we reach the playoffs it'll be

1. Cueto
2. Arroyo

and then game three will depend on how Volquez/Leake/Wood pitch down the stretch.

Unless we slow down his innings now and fast, I don't see any way Leake would pitch in October if the Reds have their opportunity. I also find it hard to believe that Dusty wouldn't start Arroyo in game 1

Degenerate39
07-25-2010, 08:53 AM
Unless we slow down his innings now and fast, I don't see any way Leake would pitch in October if the Reds have their opportunity. I also find it hard to believe that Dusty wouldn't start Arroyo in game 1

Well once Harang and Bailey are ready to come back they should be able to eat some innings. Though I imagine Bailey would be in the bullpen. When the rosters expand in September I'm sure they can skip several of Leake's starts then too.

guttle11
07-25-2010, 01:39 PM
Well once Harang and Bailey are ready to come back they should be able to eat some innings. Though I imagine Bailey would be in the bullpen. When the rosters expand in September I'm sure they can skip several of Leake's starts then too.

Ideally he mysteriously "sprains" an ankle and takes 2 weeks off. That's three starts gained for the end of the year.

Tornon
07-25-2010, 05:37 PM
Ideally he mysteriously "sprains" an ankle and takes 2 weeks off. That's three starts gained for the end of the year.

We don't even need that.. we just need him to sneeze apparently