PDA

View Full Version : I don't know if this goes here...

rolenmvp
07-24-2010, 10:05 PM
but, what is your favorite reds game you went to? can be this year's or any in the past, my favorite game when I was a kid was my first reds game, reds were playing the cardinals and mr willie greene hit a grand slam to win it in the bottom of the 9th, it was a fun experience, even though we wasn't in the playoff race.

my other fond memory is when we were playing the mets i believe back in 2000 or something when benito santiago hit a grand slam against the mets, we was down like 8-1 in that game and came back, I can remember a game back in the 90s when duncan won a game for us at riverfront, can't remember which game it was though.

Maker_84
07-24-2010, 10:09 PM
i think it was in 2000 when the Indians were good and my first game in awhile in Cincinnati since i live in NE Ohio. The reds were down like 5-1 and came back and won in 13.

bshall2105
07-24-2010, 10:09 PM
I've only been to like 10 in person, but have gone once this year. So I'd have to say the Colorado game that Arthur had back to back strikeouts to get out of the bases loaded jam. The crowd was electric that night.

sivman17
07-24-2010, 10:10 PM
3 games stand out for me..
1) i was at the game where the reds came back from a huge deficit and adam dunn hit a walk off grand slam
2) long rain delay.. ken griffey jr hit a walk off home run. since it was a school night, a bunch of people had left and i had moved up to the first row behind 3rd base
3) a game a long time ago that went into extra innings. i was there with my dad and they put in chris stynes to pinch hit. my dad said "why would they put stynes in? he's terrible." he then proceeds to hit a walk off hr

rolenmvp
07-24-2010, 10:10 PM
my favorite game was in 99 when we were playing the cardinals and pokey reese hit a upperdeck walkoff homerun in the bottom of the 13th, we went up 4 games that night, it was a wild game...

rolenmvp
07-24-2010, 10:11 PM
old chris stynes, he was a pretty good player.

Caveman Techie
07-24-2010, 10:11 PM
Mine is from 1990. Sabo, Larkin and Davis hit back to back to back homeruns. Man, what a game that was.

Vottomatic
07-24-2010, 10:14 PM
Saw Dibble when he first came up. My Dad and I were sitting in the blue seats along third base back in Riverfront. He struck out the side on 9 pitches. Was amazing.

Not my favorite, but one of them.

rolenmvp
07-24-2010, 10:15 PM
my other favorite is when glenn braggs robbed the pirates hitter carmelo martinez..in the national league championship series, caught it over the wall, preserved the game and most likely the series..that was a amazing catch.

sivman17
07-24-2010, 10:17 PM
I was at Homer Bailey's debut with the Reds. Although he hasn't lived up to his hype, his debut was very exciting. He only went 5 innings, but in the 5th inning he had loaded the bases and then got out of it with a strikeout. GABP was rocking. Everyone was on their feet and going nuts as if we had just clinched the division or something.

Not my favorite (those are listed above), but it was definitely fun... and he got the W.

Vottomatic
07-24-2010, 10:17 PM
my other favorite is when glenn braggs robbed the pirates hitter carmelo martinez..in the national league championship series, caught it over the wall, preserved the game and most likely the series..that was a amazing catch.

.......and broke the bat over his back when he swung and missed a pitch. Had never seen anything like that. Braggs was muscle bound and didn't even flinch when the bat hit his back. Unreal.

Eric the Red
07-24-2010, 10:18 PM
1. Game 1 1990 World Series - ED with a 2-run jack and Rijo shut down the heavily favored A's
2. Tom Browning Perfect Game - waited for over 2 hours under the canopy of the green seats to see history. Thanks Dad for not wanting to leave early.
3. Ken Griffey Jr walkoff HR vs Nats in May of '06 - His first game off the DL in which Arroyo pitched 8 shutout innings only to see the pen blow it in the 9th and send it to extras. Jr hit the walkoff in the bottom of the 11th I believe.

rolenmvp
07-24-2010, 10:20 PM
hey vottomatic remember when Norm Charlton had that collision at home plate with the dodgers catcher Scioscia, it was the first sunday night game in history for the reds..I believe the reds won it 10-6. that was a wild game.

rolenmvp
07-24-2010, 10:21 PM
remember the ken griffey jr inside the park homerun walkoff against the cardinals eric ?

rolenmvp
07-24-2010, 10:22 PM
remember when scott scudder was called up in early may vottomatic? he pitched 7 innings of 1 run baseball. he was a decent pitcher..

Vottomatic
07-24-2010, 10:27 PM
I remember Soto taking a no hitter into the 9th and having George Hendrick (I think) hit a homer over the left field wall with either 1 or 2 outs to tie it at 1-1. I was a huge Mario Soto fan and felt so bad for him.

rolenmvp
07-24-2010, 10:28 PM
ohh yeah, I remember that game, that was awful..

Eric the Red
07-24-2010, 10:31 PM
remember the ken griffey jr inside the park homerun walkoff against the cardinals eric ?

I really should remember that but my memory is failing me. Griffey definitely had some memorable moments as a Red albeit on bad Reds teams.

sabometrics
07-24-2010, 10:37 PM
I posted about this game not too long ago after the Rockies game when Rhodes came up big in a jam before a near sellout crowd.

August 2006, in the heat of a division race, Cardinals are in town. Sell-out crowd. Back and forth game all day, with the score tied at 6-up before the Cards go ahead in the top of the 8th. David Ross comes up with the walk-off home run OVER the batters' eye in CF and the Reds win. I was yelling "R - E - D - S, REDS! REDS! REDS!" with my friends all the way out of the stadium and onto the street. Here's the moment:

YouTube - Go yard D Ross (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u95UqYdnBlU)

That man could just crush the ball when he actually made contact. Fun fact about that game:

Cards Losing pitcher - Jason Isringhausen
Reds Winning pitcher - Ryan Franklin

sivman17
07-24-2010, 11:19 PM
June 30, 2006 - The most memorable Adam Dunn moment in a Reds uniform..

I would suggest muting this clip if you don't like T.I.'s music, but here is the Adam Dunn walk-off grand slam off of Bob Wickman in the bottom of the 9th on 6/30/06. The Reds trailed 7-0 after 7 innings after going scoreless against starter Paul Byrd.

YouTube - Adam Dunn Walk Off Grand Slam (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CabDmdTuFo)

It was a fireworks Friday night, so most of the crowd had stuck around. I was sitting in the 400 seats down the 3rd base line. Funny story about that.. with 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th, the Reds trailing 8-5 with 2 men on, my girlfriend (actually my ex-gf), who is hardly a baseball aficionado like myself, said she thinks that Felipe Lopez is going to walk and Adam Dunn will hit a grand slam. She was exactly right. It was one helluva game to attend. That place went crazy.

RedsLvr
07-25-2010, 12:50 AM
By far that Dunn walk off game was my favorite game of all time. Believe it or not, my friends took me out to the ball game because it was my birthday. (My birthday is June 29th, game was on the 30th) We were sitting in section 137 down the first base line. It was a depressing first few hours for reds fans. You'd go to take a piss and hear a roar in the crowd, then turn around in excitement only to see that it was Indians fans cheering because another run had scored. Most of my friends wanted to leave by about the 6th, but I had said that "anything could happen". They thought I was crazy, but agreed to stay because it was my birthday. The 8th inning rolled around, and Castro hit that 3 run pinch hit bomb. I gave my friends a quick glanced and said, "Watch, we're going to hit a walk off grand slam now". At the time I was joking, not for a second believing that it could possibly happen. The 9th rolled around and Valentin got a nice FC RBI and advanced a guy to third. And then the next two batter drew two out walks. It's almost like everyone in the ballpark knew what was happening next. Down 3 runs in the bottom of the 9th with two outs and bases loaded and one of the Nation League home run leaders at the plate. Everyone who has played baseball has dreamed of being in this situation and doing exactly what Dunn does. As he hit the ball and it whizzed by face my, I could only think, "No way in hell this is happening". But we all knew right off the bat that it happened, and we went absolutely nuts. You couldn't hear what the person next to you was saying even if they were saying it through a microphone. The crowd went crazy for minutes and minutes. The fireworks at the end were a perfect end to a perfect night.

arkimadee
07-25-2010, 01:34 AM
My top five Reds game moments.

1.) The last series at Cinergy. The fireworks show on the Saturday night was still one of the coolest things I have ever seen. The firework that shot out into the outfield like 4192 is something I will never forget.

2.) The Reds vs Expos in an April game in 2002. The Reds were down like 10 runs and feel just one run short of a comeback.. It actually snowed during that game. Todd Walker got called out on a bad call to end it and I was furious.. But an awesome attempt at a comeback.

3.) The recent Arthur Rhodes bases loaded jam game. The most electric I have ever felt during a reds game.

4.) A game against the Astros in 1998 when Chris Stynes made a diving catch in the left field corner to win the game. I loved the fact we bought red seats and moved down to the front row blue seats. That game Moisous Alou came over and talked to us during a pitching change.. As a 13 year old kid it was a game I will never forget.

5.) A game against the Braves a couple of years ago when the Reds got out of a bases loaded jam in the 9th led by the greatest catch I have ever seen by Ryan Freel. Remember the one where he dove into the wall almost in right field

redsfan_12
07-25-2010, 10:20 AM
I'm only 21, so I wasn't around for those days. My favorite was the Philies game against Halliday. When Bruce went deep to give us the lead in the 8th

BUTLER REDSFAN
07-25-2010, 10:30 AM
I was at Johnny Bench Night--when he got the homerun the place went wild....was at a businessman special at riverfront when the Reds got 14 in the 1st inning off of Houston...was at another Businessman special when Boomer Esiason was sitting about 10 seats down from us(nobody would leave him alone the whole game)..another game we were down 3-0 against I think it was the Expos and E Davis hit a grand slam..

sabometrics
07-25-2010, 03:05 PM
Most memorable game that was a blowout: 2003 game when Mike Lieberthal saved Carlos Silva's life. Adam Dunn had previously hit a home-run, then gotten plunked in his next AB, then he barreled over Lieberthal at home, then he got a pitch at his noggin. He subsequently rushed the mound but Silva was saved from receiving a linebacker-like takedown when Lieberthal tripped up Adam by his shoelaces. The game was a 15-1 Reds win, but I'll always remember it for what never happened that day.

Before he retires I just want to see Dunn go at someone on the mound full-speed and connect. One time.

Spazzrico
07-25-2010, 04:32 PM
I know there are more, but one stands out to me. July 16, 1990, It was Chris Hammond's MLB debut, and it was a hit parade. Bomb after bomb. HR's by Joe Oliver, Sabo, Larkin and Eric Davis (with a grand salami). Reds over the Expos 8-3. I fell in love with the Reds that game after already being a casual fan. Good season to start.

Reds
07-25-2010, 06:33 PM
The game where Farnsworth fought Wilson

http://zonersports.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/pwilson.jpg

I think the game ended in a walk-off-walk.

Vottomatic
07-25-2010, 06:36 PM
I know there are more, but one stands out to me. July 16, 1990, It was Chris Hammond's MLB debut, and it was a hit parade. Bomb after bomb. HR's by Joe Oliver, Sabo, Larkin and Eric Davis (with a grand salami). Reds over the Expos 8-3. I fell in love with the Reds that game after already being a casual fan. Good season to start.

I always enjoyed the game where Chris Hammond hit the home run. WLW played Nuxhall's call of it for several years in their game intro.

Nuxhall: "If you swing the bat your dangerous!"

DaytonFlyer
07-26-2010, 08:22 AM
It's close between my top 2:

The game where Pete Rose shoved the umpire... and the fans went crazy and threw all kinds of stuff onto the field. The Mets came out in batting helmets the next couple of innings. We were in the outfield green seats, and my dad threw a styrofoam cup holder on the field. I retroactively apologize.

The other was, for some reason we got seats in the yellow seats... the game where the Reds scored 14 in the bottom of the first on Houston in 1989. The Reds batted around twice in the first, and it was one of only 4 times since 1954 that any team scored at least 13 runs in the first inning.