PDA

View Full Version : Stadium Food Article

arkimadee
07-25-2010, 05:23 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=100725/stadiumconcessions

An interesting espn article about ballpark food. Great American reports 40% vendor violations. Inspectors saw an employee scraping food debris from a spatula using the trash bin and then trying to continue using the same spatula without cleaning it. Sorry if this ruined your Great American Ballpark dinner.

sabometrics
07-25-2010, 05:46 PM
Oh man. I have one story from last year when the Vending department was under previous management, but I'll refrain. Ignorance is bliss.

I can say that we have had no problems since that incident though. Under new (returning) management the standards are the highest they have ever been. The kosher dogs you get are fine. I personally watch them scrub those containers at the end of every workday. If you buy peanuts just make sure they are sealed, as the vacuum seal frequently pops/breaks just from normal handling. A vendor will gladly give you a new bag if the vacuum seal is not in tact.

I don't work in the concession stands, so I can't speak to how well they're run.

macro
07-27-2010, 03:56 PM
Even though this thread is a couple days old, there's one on the same topic in The Tavern that was started today and has generated a few more posts. Since it's not specifically baseball-related, let's just go ahead and direct comments to that thread.