PDA

View Full Version : Walt is trying to Trump the Cards

Magdal
07-28-2010, 06:12 PM
Oswalt! http://www.sportsnipe.com/main_sportsnews/2635679/reds-inquiring-on-oswalt.html

brm7675
07-28-2010, 06:33 PM
Well since Roy said that the Reds were one of the teams he was not interested in playing for, all the calls in the world won't matter unless they can change his mind on that point.

Magdal
07-28-2010, 06:41 PM
Well since Roy said that the Reds were one of the teams he was not interested in playing for, all the calls in the world won't matter unless they can change his mind on that point.But if the Cards can't deliver on what the Stro's want, and Walts gonna pick up his full contract, he will have little choice. Money does talk, you know.;)

brm7675
07-28-2010, 06:46 PM
no he can refuse the trade, he has a no trade clause and if he doesn't want to play in cincy, he doesn't have to.

Griffey012
07-28-2010, 06:52 PM
I'll pass on Oswalt anyway, not the same guy he used to be. And to much off an injury risk. He hasn't had any major injuries that I recall in his career but seems to always have nagging hip/groin issues.

Maker_84
07-28-2010, 06:56 PM
NOOOO, he's not that good anymore. Anyone remember what we did to him last time?

BurgervilleBuck
07-28-2010, 07:02 PM
Am I being punk'd?

Rijo's Ghost
07-28-2010, 07:02 PM
NOOOO, he's not that good anymore. Anyone remember what we did to him last time?

Do you remember what he's been doing to the rest of the league this season?

arkimadee
07-28-2010, 07:03 PM
any other sources reporting this?

Maker_84
07-28-2010, 07:04 PM
Do you remember what he's been doing to the rest of the league this season?

i agree with what somebody said before on this board, if we wern't going to get a top 5 SP in baseball then we should not be hasty and do nothing. Our SP is fine right now, if anything we did a SS or RF who can hit for AVG

sabometrics
07-28-2010, 07:07 PM
http://www.mentalfloss.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/do_not_want_cat.jpg

I'll live or die by the young pitching right now. I do not want to be saddled with that contract going forward as his career starts to decline.

sabometrics
07-28-2010, 07:08 PM
To clarify, I don't want the Cards getting him, but I don't want us getting him either.

arkimadee
07-28-2010, 07:10 PM
how far has the organization come that when you mention us getting Roy Oswalt, most of us turn our heads and say we don't want him... life is good

BurgervilleBuck
07-28-2010, 07:18 PM
any other sources reporting this?

Just this place (http://www.crawfishboxes.com/2010/7/28/1592533/reds-inquiring-on-oswalt), but it's the site SportsSnipe links to for their story.

Our SP is fine right now, if anything we did a SS or RF who can hit for AVG
That's suicidal. Unless you're going to grab Suzuki or Dejesus or someone like that, there is no way you replace Bruce in RF. His ABs will improve (he is young, you know) and his defense is near perfect. Nor do I think you replace Cabrera. His defense is improving, his batting is what it is, and you cannot overstress his importance in the clubhouse.

Honestly, I'm happy with staying pat.

rolenmvp
07-28-2010, 07:27 PM
soo is this stuff legit? this website. if I am walt I would go after him and see what we could get out of the deal.

brm7675
07-28-2010, 07:29 PM
Just this place (http://www.crawfishboxes.com/2010/7/28/1592533/reds-inquiring-on-oswalt), Nor do I think you replace Cabrera. His defense is improving, his batting is what it is, and you cannot overstress his importance in the clubhouse.

Honestly, I'm happy with staying pat.

no his defense is not improving, and add into that the lack of range rolen has and you have a horrible left side of an infield...HELLO Paul Janish..

brm7675
07-28-2010, 07:30 PM
soo is this stuff legit? this website. if I am walt I would go after him and see what we could get out of the deal.

Again, ROY will not approve the deal, he doesn't want to play in cincy, so the whole thing is moot.

bshall2105
07-28-2010, 07:33 PM
The only reason he doesn't want to play in Cincy is because we're responsible for half of his career wins.

texasdave
07-28-2010, 07:47 PM
•Oswalt is telling friends that he can’t wait to leave Houston, according to Newsday’s Ken Davidoff. The righty says he won’t necessarily insist that teams pick up his 2012 option.

I was at Minute Maid on Saturday, when he pitched against the Reds, and he looked as if wanted to be anywhere else in the world than on the mound. He would come to Cincy, IMO.

brm7675
07-28-2010, 07:52 PM
I was at Minute Maid on Saturday, when he pitched against the Reds, and he looked as if wanted to be anywhere else in the world than on the mound. He would come to Cincy, IMO.

Well then he has changed his mind, because he gave a list of places he was willing to go to the Stros and the Reds were not on that list.

texasdave
07-28-2010, 07:59 PM
Well then he has changed his mind, because he gave a list of places he was willing to go to the Stros and the Reds were not on that list.

I am not arguing that. I just think he was trying to force his way onto certain teams. As the deadline grows nearer Oswalt will expand the list of teams he will go to. He seems to want out of Houston. I think he has burned some bridges down here.

Vottomatic
07-28-2010, 08:33 PM
I'm really not interested in Oswalt.

Reds
07-28-2010, 09:47 PM
Not sure of Roy is the answer, but I believe the record we have warrants a move. I wouldn't be surprised to see a trade made tonight or tomorrow. Just a gut feeling, coming off series wins, in play not only in the division but in the wild card as well, and with an off day. A prompt trade , particularly for a position player or bullpen, would allow him not to miss any time.

markymark69
07-28-2010, 11:01 PM
no he can refuse the trade, he has a no trade clause and if he doesn't want to play in cincy, he doesn't have to.

I don't think it will happen, but it was reported over the weekend that Oswalt said that he hasn't told Houston that he has rejected any team. He has preferences, but Cincy could still be in play. Although not likely.

markymark69
07-28-2010, 11:04 PM
no his defense is not improving, and add into that the lack of range rolen has and you have a horrible left side of an infield...HELLO Paul Janish..

That Derek Jeter type play he made a couple of nights ago, yeah that's just a routine play. Paul Janish, as good as he is defensively, would not have made that play.

Vottomatic
07-28-2010, 11:09 PM
I don't get the move for starting pitching. Another gem pitched tonight. Oswalt, to me, is not a #1 pitcher, which is the only starting pitching we should consider. He's a #2 pitcher, of which we have several - Cueto, Leake, Wood, maybe Arroyo. I guess we want five #2 pitchers? Or is this strictly to tick off St. Louis?

I hope the Bob and Tom, er, Walt show don't let their revenge on the Cards corrupt their smart thinking about the future of this team.

Hondo
07-28-2010, 11:14 PM
I wish we would have gotten Lee... He is looking awesome... 13K's and a ND last night... wow!