PDA

View Full Version : Big crowds for the Braves series

Reds Fanatic
07-29-2010, 02:24 PM
This from John Fay:

The Reds just announced that only standing-room tickets are available for the games both Saturday and Sunday. A limited number of seats are available for Friday.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/2010/07/29/hot-tickets-sro-for-saturday-and-sunday/

Ghosts of 1990
07-29-2010, 02:40 PM
This is awesome. The season is at it's Zenith. First place, against another NL best team. Should be a great measuring stick for our boys this weekend. I hope they come ready to get nasty.

HeatherC1212
07-29-2010, 03:01 PM
Even StubHub doesn't have many tickets available for this weekend. I was just trying to look for tickets to Sunday's game and it's either sit by myself while my friend sits somewhere else or both of us shuck out $30 for VIEW LEVEL or BLEACHER seats. :eek: I love that the team is so competitive this year but my bank account is really going to take a hit for the rest of the season at this rate, LOL :laugh:

The Voice of IH
07-29-2010, 03:38 PM
oh yea, firday night I will be sitting right up front behind the third base dugout, I am psyched.

Blimpie
07-29-2010, 03:43 PM
Last time I checked, we were going with Cueto, Arroyo, and Volquez....Definitely has all the makings of a exciting weekend at the old ball yard.

Color me jealous.

Reds Freak
07-29-2010, 04:05 PM
I'm coming into town for a wedding on Friday night. Planned all along to go to a game Saturday or Sunday. Never thought I'd have to get tickets in advance. Now I'm scrambling for tickets. Can't the Reds suck again? :)

Homer Bailey
07-29-2010, 04:08 PM
I'd want to see the Reds sweep the Braves as well.

Oh did I not mention this? The Reds are going to sweep the Braves.

Roy Tucker
07-29-2010, 04:38 PM
I have a feeling that tickets are going to start getting harder to get.

The front-runners are starting to come out of the woodwork. My wife asked me on Weds. to get tickets for Friday's game. She hasn't shown any interest in Reds baseball for 10-15 years. I got tickets behind home plate..... in the nosebleed seats, sect. 518.

OnBaseMachine
07-29-2010, 04:53 PM
Excellent. This is exciting. I hope the ballpark is rocking and hopefully the Reds give the crowd plenty to cheer about. I'm planning on attending the full three game series against the Marlins in two weeks and am hoping the ballpark is full for all three of those games as well. A packed house makes being at the ballpark even more exciting.

Roy Tucker
07-29-2010, 04:57 PM
I got lucky and bought some of the Tuesday 2 for $22 tickets a few weeks back. Our next game is Aug. 9 game with the Cardinals.

It will be nice to go to a meaningful game. its been a long daggone time.

johngalt
07-29-2010, 05:06 PM
A little birdie has passed along info that the Cardinals series is already selling really well also. So if you want to get some good seats for that series, might want to jump on it now.

The Florida series is another one of those 4 for $40 weekends, so that might be a good one to target too.

wheels
07-29-2010, 05:31 PM
A little birdie has passed along info that the Cardinals series is already selling really well also. So if you want to get some good seats for that series, might want to jump on it now.

The Florida series is another one of those 4 for $40 weekends, so that might be a good one to target too.

A little birdie, eh?:D

johngalt
07-29-2010, 05:53 PM
A little birdie, eh?:D

Haha....I speak in unbreakable code :)

Roy Tucker
07-29-2010, 05:57 PM
Haha....I speak in unbreakable code :)

you should tweet.

;)

RedsManRick
07-29-2010, 05:57 PM
This just in: fans like to attend games that matter.

blumj
07-29-2010, 06:14 PM
Did you guys hear that Reds games are now 4th(I think it was 4th) in local tv ratings?

Reds Fanatic
07-29-2010, 06:21 PM
Did you guys hear that Reds games are now 4th(I think it was 4th) in local tv ratings? Yes and they are number 1 in local radio ratings.

SunDeck
07-29-2010, 06:49 PM
Is Carl Lindner still alive? If so, I hope he sees this and understands; you invest in the team, put a quality product on the field and people will show up. Not the other way around.

Falls City Beer
07-29-2010, 06:52 PM
This just in: fans like to attend games that matter.

True. Though the Braves are a strong regional draw even in non-contending seasons. I'd be very surprised if the Cards' series sells as well.

johngalt
07-29-2010, 07:09 PM
True. Though the Braves are a strong regional draw even in non-contending seasons. I'd be very surprised if the Cards' series sells as well.

The Cardinals series might not sell out all 3 games since it's during the week, but they should all be well above 30k. If it was a weekend, there's no doubt they'd all 3 sellout.

Hollcat
07-29-2010, 07:31 PM
Even StubHub doesn't have many tickets available for this weekend. I was just trying to look for tickets to Sunday's game and it's either sit by myself while my friend sits somewhere else or both of us shuck out $30 for VIEW LEVEL or BLEACHER seats. :eek: I love that the team is so competitive this year but my bank account is really going to take a hit for the rest of the season at this rate, LOL :laugh:

I just checked the reds website for Friday tickets, they had two seats in row t , sec. 535 (view level down right field line) for $14 each. I think it was total of 36 after all the conv. charges and such. Why go to stubhub or one of those scalper sites?

pedro
07-29-2010, 07:32 PM
I just checked the reds website for Friday tickets, they had two seats in row t , sec. 535 (view level down right field line) for $14 each. I think it was total of 36 after all the conv. charges and such. Why go to stubhub or one of those scalper sites?

Lots of times tickets can be had on stubhub for less than face value. At least for less than high demand games.

redsfan1966
07-29-2010, 10:10 PM
This is great...I love the excitement and buzz going on....I am more than willing to put up with a few annoyances ticket wise for this kind of enthusiasm..definitely reminds me of 1990...

HeatherC1212
07-29-2010, 10:17 PM

I've been buying from both StubHub and reds.com for years but prefer StubHub because there are less fees from them. I hate all the fees they tack on to tickets bought from reds.com. And I was specifically looking for Sunday's game because I won't be in town for the other two and my friend and I really wanted to see the MercyMe concert afterwards. Sunday is Faith Day at the ballpark. :)

oregonred
07-30-2010, 12:47 AM
This is a good sign when casual fans realize they have to plan ahead to get tickets for a game at GABP. I had the fortune to attend a couple of meaningful games a few weeks back and the energy level was something I hadn't seen since the '99 season.

I predict the Reds will sell out the Cards weekday series assuming the race stays white hot until that point.

Blimpie
07-30-2010, 08:48 AM
Did you guys hear that Reds games are now 4th(I think it was 4th) in local tv ratings?...and don't forget that the growth rate (%) of their ratings compared to 2009 was the highest of all regional networks.

dman
07-30-2010, 08:54 AM
Along with a great playing, 1st Place team, having Mercy Me there to perform this weekend helps out a good bit as well.

BCubb2003
07-30-2010, 09:14 AM
If the Reds play well for the sold-out crowds, that's a lot of fans who are now sold on the team. If the Reds slump, that's a lot of bummed-out fans. Let's hope the big crowds spark the team.

kbrake
07-30-2010, 09:18 AM
I will be there tonight and also picked up tickets for the August 9th game against the Cards already. For the most part I've bought all my tickets for the last 8 seasons or so from the same scalper and he always gives me a great price. He remembers I was buying tickets to mid week Nationals games 3 years ago when there was 14 people going to games. The fees online just drive me insane.

Roy Tucker
07-30-2010, 04:20 PM
Did you guys hear that Reds games are now 4th(I think it was 4th) in local tv ratings?

http://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/article/66312

OnBaseMachine
07-30-2010, 05:59 PM
From the Reds twitter page:

Standing Room Only tickets for tonight's #Reds vs #Braves are sold out. Only a few single seat tickets remain.

http://twitter.com/CincinnatiReds

Impressive. It sounds like the Reds are going to draw 120,000 fans this weekend.

Brutus
07-30-2010, 06:01 PM

Standing Room Only tickets for tonight's #Reds vs #Braves are sold out. Only a few single seat tickets remain.

Impressive. It sounds like the Reds are going to draw 120,000 fans this weekend.

You must be glued to that Twitter feed, OBM. LOL

OnBaseMachine
07-31-2010, 11:56 AM
From John Erardi:

Just before game time Friday night, Joe Nuxhall Way was at a standstill for cars, fans were streaming through the Terrace Level ticket gates and other fans were already queuing up at the LaRosa's pizza stand behind home plate, where by the third inning it was 16 deep and three lines across.

"Best atmosphere I've seen at Great American Ball Park since they opened it in 2003," said Scott Patterson, 22, a music student from Northern Kentucky University and a Symmes Township native.

One also got the idea that if the Reds remain good next year, fewer giveaways will be required to attain sellouts, because the season ticket base will be sufficiently large not to require big advance sales and walkups to fill so many empty seats.

"I think the atmosphere is great here - it's electric," said Carson. "Five bucks for SRO isn't bad. In Atlanta, we get there early and can get tickets for a dollar.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20100730/SPT04/7310356/1071/Pennant-race-packed-house-and-good-vibe

OnBaseMachine
08-01-2010, 03:19 PM

When attendance is announced, it will be the biggest 3-game weekend series in the history of Great American Ball Park.

Ron Madden
08-01-2010, 03:27 PM

When attendance is announced, it will be the biggest 3-game weekend series in the history of Great American Ball Park.

Wow, I hope we break that record three or four more times this season. :thumbup:

Falls City Beer
08-01-2010, 03:51 PM
The fans got treated to a Sunday scoreless streak being broken in high style--a triple that chases the catcher home from first! Favorite event in sports, the triple.

fearofpopvol1
08-01-2010, 04:05 PM
The fans got treated to a Sunday scoreless streak being broken in high style--a triple that chases the catcher home from first! Favorite event in sports, the triple.

I agree. And seemingly, Phillips is always trying to get to 3rd. It's usually close, but he typically makes it in safely.

oregonred
08-01-2010, 04:12 PM
The Sunday slumber ends at 31 innings! 40K in the yard vs the usually dead 25K crowd probably helps...

OnBaseMachine
08-01-2010, 04:35 PM
From Jamie Ramsey:

40,871 sellout...122,855 for the 3-game homestand....highest attendance total for a 3-game weekend series in GABP history

http://twitter.com/Jamieblog

Very impressive. Hopefully the Reds can hang on and win two of three in front of a great crowd.

membengal
08-01-2010, 04:40 PM
That's simply wonderful news. Happy for the Reds and happy for the fans. Really would love the Reds to hang on to this and give everyone two happy days out of three.

Quality series.

Mario-Rijo
08-01-2010, 04:42 PM
Be going to the Reds/Cards game next Monday night, anyone going?

OesterPoster
08-01-2010, 05:12 PM
Nope, but I'll be in Wrigley on Friday. :)

Ron Madden
08-01-2010, 05:16 PM
The series with the Cardinals next week will be the most important three game set in GABP history.

OnBaseMachine
08-01-2010, 05:34 PM
Excellent series and weekend by the Reds. The fans showed up and the Reds played great baseball all weekend. The Reds took two of three against a great team in front of a sellout crowd. All three games were exciting and should have the fans craving to come back again. I wish I could have been there this weekend but I'll be there for all three games against the Marlins in two weeks.

HeatherC1212
08-01-2010, 05:34 PM
What a great weekend for the Reds! Take two out of three games from another #1 team, huge crowds downtown for all three games, and great weather for baseball....you can't ask for much more than that. I better start looking for tickets to the Cardinals series now. The last game I was at where we played the Cards was the Civil Rights game and I LOVED that high intensity atmosphere. So this is what it's like to really be in a pennant race, LOL :lol:

mth123
08-01-2010, 05:54 PM

And Yesterday the catcher completely circled the bases as the Melkman delivered.

The Reds, the team of the running catcher.

WVRedsFan
08-01-2010, 06:02 PM
Win and they will come.

Joseph
08-01-2010, 06:29 PM
Winning two of three from a 1st place team and losing the 3rd in extra innings will do something positive for the fanbase I'd believe.

OnBaseMachine
08-01-2010, 07:27 PM
The Reds took two out of three from the Braves before a total paid attendance of 122,855, highest ever for a weekend series at Great American Ball Park.

"We fed off the energy from the fans," said Phillips. "Man, different isn't the word. I've been here since 2006, and I've never seen it like this. I think all of Cincinnati was at the game today."

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100801&content_id=12888668&vkey=recap&fext=.jsp&c_id=cin

Caveat Emperor
08-01-2010, 09:00 PM
I'm really looking forward to the St. Louis series next week. Assuming the team doesn't do something incredible stupid in Pittsburgh or Chicago, that series will be huge.

bucksfan2
08-02-2010, 09:59 AM
I'm really looking forward to the St. Louis series next week. Assuming the team doesn't do something incredible stupid in Pittsburgh or Chicago, that series will be huge.

It won't be as big as Atlanta because it is a Mon, Tues, Wed series. I would expect the upper 20,000's and lower 30,000's. That would be great for a midweek series. If the Reds would draw 200,000 for two series I think Bob would see the power of winning and open up the pocket book a little larger this off season.