PDA

View Full Version : Record of actual, confirmed deadline deals

Redsfan320
07-29-2010, 04:23 PM
This thread is NOT for discussion. This thread is just a place to put CONFIRMED trades. If you're not sure whether you're source is trustworthy, WAIT until others confirm the deal is done. Also, I would prefer things only go here if at least 1 major leaguer is involved in the deal. So far:

Texas Rangers acquire P Cliff Lee, P Mark Lowe, and $ from Seattle Mariners
Seattle Mariners acquire 1B Justin Smoak, P Blake Beaven, 2B Matthew Lawson, and P Josh Lueke from Texas Rangers

Toronto Blue Jays acquire SS Yunel Escobar and P Jo-jo Reyes from Atlanta Braves
Atlanta Braves acquire SS Alex Gonzalez, P Tim Collins, and SS Tyler Pastornicky from Toronto Blue Jays

Los Angeles Angels acquire 2B/3B Alberto Callapso from Kansas City Royals
Kansas City Royals acquire P Sean O'Sullivan, and P Will Smith from Los Angeles Angels

Los Angeles Angels acquire P Dan Haren from Arizona Diamondbacks
Arizona Diamondbacks acquire P Joe Saunders, P Patrick Corbin, P Rafael Rodriguez, and PTBNL (expected to be P Tyler Skaggs)

Detroit Tigers acquire SS/3B Johnny Peralta and $ from Cleveland Indians
Cleveland Indians acquire P Giovanni Soto from Detroit Tigers

Los Angeles Dodgers acquire LF Scott Posednik from Kansas City Royals
Kansas City Royals acquire C Lucas May and P Elisaul Pimentel from Los Angeles Dodgers

Philadelphia Phillies acquire P Roy Oswalt and $11M from Houston Astros
Houston Astros acquire P JA Happ, OF Anthony Gose, and SS Jonathan Villar from Philadelphia Phillies

San Diego Padres acquire 3B Miguel Tejada from Baltimore Orioles
Baltimore Orioles acquire P Wynn Pelzer from San Diego Padres

Texas Rangers acquire 1B/3B Jorge Cantu and $6MM from Florida Marlins
Florida Marlins acquire P Evan Reed and P Omar Poveda from Texas Rangers

Minnesota Twins acquire P Matt Capps and $500K from Washington Nationals
Washington Nationals acquire C Wilson Ramos and P Joe Testa from Minnesota Twins

Chicago White Sox acquire P Edwin Jackson from Arizona Diamondbacks
Arizona Diamonbacks acquire P Dan Hudson and P David Holmberg

Toronto Blue Jays acquire 1B Mike Jacobs from New York Mets
New York Mets acquire PTBNL from Toronto Blue Jays

Texas Rangers acquire 2B/SS Cristian Guzman from Washington Nationals
Washington Nationals acquire P Ryan Tatusko and possibly 1 more prospect (currently unknown by me) from Texas Rangers

New York Yankees acquire 1B Lance Berkman and $4MM from Houston Astros
Houston Astros acquire P Mark Melancon and IF Jimmy Paredes from New York Yankees

New York Yankees acquire LF Austin Kearns from Cleveland Indians
Cleveland Indians acquire PTBNL from New York Yankees

Tampa Bay Rays acquire P Chad Qualls from Arizona Diamondbacks
Arizona Diamondbacks acquire PTBNL from Tampa Bay Rays

Pittsburgh Pirates acquire C Chris Snyder and SS Pedro Ciriaco from Arizona
Arizona Diamondbacks acquire P DJ Carrasco, IF Bobby Crosby, and OF Ryan Church from Pittsburgh Pirates

St. Louis Cardinals acquire P Jake Westbrook from Cleveland & P Nick Greenwood from SD
San Diego Padres acquire OF Ryan Ludwick from St. Louis Cardinals
Cleveland Indians acquire P Corey Kluber from San Diego

Los Angeles Dodgers acquire P Ted Lilly and SS Ryan Theriot from Chicago Cubs
Chicago Cubs acquire 2B Blake DeWitt from Los Angeles Dodgers

Brutus
07-29-2010, 04:25 PM
I would include the Lee and Haren trades in that. They were in July -- I think those qualify.

Redsfan320
07-29-2010, 05:48 PM
^^^
My bad, especially the Haren one, that was recent:

Seattle Mariners acquire 1B Justin Smoak, P Blake Beaven, 2B Matthew Lawson, and P Josh Lueke from Texas Rangers

Toronto Blue Jays acquire SS Yunel Escobar and P Jo-jo Reyes from Atlanta Braves
Atlanta Braves acquire SS Alex Gonzalez, P Tim Collins, and SS Tyler Pastornicky from Toronto Blue Jays

Kansas City Royals acquire P Sean O'Sullivan, and P Will Smith from Los Angeles Angels

More past trades to come...

Redsfan320
07-29-2010, 05:51 PM
Arizona Diamondbacks acquire P Joe Saunders, P Patrick Corbin, P Rafael Rodriguez, and PTBNL (expected to be P Tyler Skaggs)

1 MORE BREAKING TRADE FROM TODAY (SINCE THE OSWALT DEAL) STILL TO COME now that we're caught up

Brutus
07-29-2010, 05:55 PM
Here's 320's updated running tab:

Kansas City Royals acquire C Lucas May and P Elisaul Pimentel from Los Angeles Dodgers

Houston Astros acquire P JA Happ, OF Anthony Gose, and SS Jonathan Villar from Philadelphia Phillies

Redsfan320
07-29-2010, 05:56 PM
Thanks for the sticky, and thanks BTP for combining them, I was gonna do that later.

RedEye
07-29-2010, 06:17 PM
Any way we can continually update the first post in the thread like we do with the draft signing sticky in the Minor League forum?

Boss-Hog
07-29-2010, 06:19 PM
Any way we can continually update the first post in the thread like we do with the draft signing sticky in the Minor League forum?
It's not really apples to apples - in that thread, all the information is available once the draft ends and all we have to do is bold the signed draftees. That's not to say it'd be difficult or time consuming to continually edit the first post but if this thread is dedicated to only the results, I don't think it'll be that bad to scroll through.

Redsfan320
07-29-2010, 06:36 PM
I think I will keep editing the 1st post. It does seem like a better way. Chip's already done a bit, thanks.

Joseph
07-29-2010, 07:12 PM
I think I will keep editing the 1st post. It does seem like a better way. Chip's already done a bit, thanks.

Thats a funny way to spell Joseph :)

Redsfan320
07-29-2010, 07:15 PM
^^^
At the time I made the post I saw ChipR as the last person to edit it (I'm listed there now), so I assumed he did it. Maybe he put it in the list BBcode, which I wasn't aware of. Anyway, thanks Joseph.

Joseph
07-29-2010, 07:24 PM
^^^
At the time I made the post I saw ChipR as the last person to edit it (I'm listed there now), so I assumed he did it. Maybe he put it in the list BBcode, which I wasn't aware of. Anyway, thanks Joseph.

Just bustin yer chops pal. Don't worry.

Redsfan320
07-29-2010, 07:25 PM
^^
So you didn't really edit it? Or you did, and are bustin my chops anyway. :)

Joseph
07-29-2010, 07:31 PM
^^
So you didn't really edit it? Or you did, and are bustin my chops anyway. :)

Lol. Yes I have been editing it as well.

reds44
07-29-2010, 07:39 PM
320, they created the quote button for a reason.

Much easier to read than ^^^^^

Brutus
07-29-2010, 07:44 PM

And here I thought these kids today were supposed to be ahead of the game on the technology curve.

J/K 320
:thumbup:

corkedbat
07-29-2010, 07:50 PM
The 'Stros turned around a dealt Gose to the Jays for Brett Wallace. Don't think I saw that one here.

Redsfan320
07-29-2010, 07:57 PM

Okay, crybaby. Quoted you are. ;) Although I never use the Quote button at the bottom of someone's post, rather, I copy, paste, and use the "place quote tags" button in the quick reply box, which is where I make all my posts from.

The 'Stros turned around a dealt Gose to the Jays for Brett Wallace. Don't think I saw that one here.

To what I could find, neither of those players are, or ever have played in the major leagues. Therefore, in accordance with the 1st post of the thread, I didn't post it. But since their big top prospects, I guess that's fine, whatever.

corkedbat
07-29-2010, 08:06 PM
Okay, crybaby. Quoted you are. ;) Although I never use the Quote button at the bottom of someone's post, rather, I copy, paste, and use the "place quote tags" button in the quick reply box, which is where I make all my posts from.

To what I could find, neither of those players are, or ever have played in the major leagues. Therefore, in accordance with the 1st post of the thread, I didn't post it. But since their big top prospects, I guess that's fine, whatever.

Sorry, thought Wallace had been up - I'd say he will now.

RedEye
07-29-2010, 08:59 PM
Thanks for filling my request. I find this much easier to read than scrolling through the entire thread. I could of course go elsewhere for my trade info, but why? :)

Mario-Rijo
07-29-2010, 09:52 PM
Has the Cantu to Rangers deal not been confirmed yet?

OesterPoster
07-29-2010, 10:00 PM
Has the Cantu to Rangers deal not been confirmed yet?

According to the game notes:

The Marlins traded Cantu to AL West-leading Texas in a deal finalized after the game. He was replaced on defense by Wes Helms(notes) in the bottom of the eighth.

Mario-Rijo
07-29-2010, 10:16 PM
According to the game notes:

The Marlins traded Cantu to AL West-leading Texas in a deal finalized after the game. He was replaced on defense by Wes Helms(notes) in the bottom of the eighth.

Per ESPN it's official.

ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/mlb/news/story?id=5421166)

The Rangers acquired infielder Jorge Cantu and cash considerations from the Marlins in exchange for Double-A right-handed pitchers Evan Reed and Omar Poveda on Thursday.

Redsfan320
07-29-2010, 11:10 PM
Since unfortunately you can only edit so many posts back, I can't edit the 1st post anymore. So we'll have to go back to the original way.

Washington Nationals acquire C Wilson Ramos and P Joe Testa from Minnesota Twins

KoryMac5
07-30-2010, 12:15 AM
Interesting deal for the Nats who now have Harper and Ramos in their system. Good get though as Capp came pretty cheap in the offseason to them. Turned him into a good prospect.

Edd Roush
07-30-2010, 12:50 PM
Interesting deal for the Nats who now have Harper and Ramos in their system. Good get though as Capp came pretty cheap in the offseason to them. Turned him into a good prospect.

I know that this is not supposed to be a discussion thread, but I am pretty sure that the Nats will develop Harper as an outfielder to prolong his career.

cumberlandreds
07-30-2010, 01:20 PM
I know that this is not supposed to be a discussion thread, but I am pretty sure that the Nats will develop Harper as an outfielder to prolong his career.

They drafted him as an outfielder and I'm sure they have no intention of him being a catcher.

Redsfan320
07-30-2010, 01:20 PM

Redsfan320
07-30-2010, 02:46 PM

Nothing big here, but as Jacobs has had some time in the bigs, I thought I'd add it.

Redsfan320
07-30-2010, 03:22 PM
Washington Nationals acquire P Ryan Tatusko and P Tanner Roark from Texas Rangers

Redsfan320
07-30-2010, 06:28 PM
Houston Astros acquire P Mark Melancon and IF Jimmy Paredes from New York Yankees

RedsManRick
07-30-2010, 08:42 PM
Sorry, wrong thread.

Redsfan320
07-30-2010, 09:39 PM

Redsfan320
07-31-2010, 09:43 AM

Redsfan320
07-31-2010, 10:59 AM
Pittsburgh Pirates acquire C Chris Snyder and SS Pedro Ciriaco from Arizona Diamondbacks
Arizona Diamondbacks acquire P DJ Carrasco, IF Bobby Crosby, and OF Ryan Church from Pittsburgh Pirates

flyer85
07-31-2010, 12:56 PM
olney reporting the 3 team deal with SD/STL/CLE is done.

Ludwick to the Pads, Westbrook to the Cards and suspects to the Indians

OnBaseMachine
07-31-2010, 02:05 PM
From Joel Sherman:

Lilly and Theriot for DeWitt -- #Cubs to #Dodgers is done

http://twitter.com/Joelsherman1

Brutus
07-31-2010, 02:08 PM

Washington Nationals acquire P Ryan Tatusko and possibly 1 more prospect (currently unknown by me) from Texas Rangers

St. Louis Cardinals acquire P Jake Westbrook from Cleveland & P Nick Greenwood from SD
San Diego Padres acquire OF Ryan Ludwick from St. Louis Cardinals
Cleveland Indians acquire P Corey Kluber from San Diego

Los Angeles Dodgers acquire P Ted Lilly and SS Ryan Theriot from Chicago Cubs
Chicago Cubs acquire 2B Blake DeWitt + P's Brett Wallach & Kyle Smit from Los Angeles Dodgers

Gallen5862
07-31-2010, 02:29 PM
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

Dodgers Acquire Lilly, Theriot For DeWitt
By Tim Dierkes [July 31 at 1:09pm CST]
1:15pm: Stark tweets that the pitching prospects going to the Cubs are Brett Wallach and Kyle Smit.

1:09pm: The Cubs will get DeWitt and two minor league pitchers for Lilly, Theriot, and $2.5MM tweets Yahoo's Tim Brown.

Blitz Dorsey
07-31-2010, 04:42 PM
Man, I was hoping the Reds would get Farnsworth. Oh well, I guess the Reds have decided this has been a nice run and all but they are throwing in the towel. I can't believe they didn't make one single trade. AMAZING. We've waited 15 years for the playoffs and Walt sits on his hands. And I know he tried to get deals done, but the bottom line is that he did not get ANY deals done. This team improved zero at the trading deadline, while EVERY TEAM that we're in the race with (both NL Central and wildcard) improved themselves.

mth123
07-31-2010, 05:00 PM
Man, I was hoping the Reds would get Farnsworth. Oh well, I guess the Reds have decided this has been a nice run and all but they are throwing in the towel. I can't believe they didn't make one single trade. AMAZING. We've waited 15 years for the playoffs and Walt sits on his hands. And I know he tried to get deals done, but the bottom line is that he did not get ANY deals done. This team improved zero at the trading deadline, while EVERY TEAM that we're in the race with (both NL Central and wildcard) improved themselves.

I think they were afraid he'd beat the heck out of Paul Wilson on old timers day.;)

Mario-Rijo
07-31-2010, 05:51 PM
I think they were afraid he'd beat the heck out of Paul Wilson on old timers day.;)

Heck he already beat him up as an Old Timer. ;)

nemesis
07-31-2010, 06:33 PM

So making a move for equal or lesser talent is better than no moves at all? I'm sure Jocketty told them in the clubhouse to just go out there and throw it in. Quite frankly, I think St. Louis screwed up today and gave us the Central.

Blitz Dorsey
07-31-2010, 06:52 PM
It is beyond amazing that a BANKRUPT team like the Texas Rangers can make moves, but the Reds just sit on their hands. You cannot make the argument to me that there wasn't a good deal out there for the Reds. Walt just didn't find it. His job as a GM is to find it. I have liked Walt overall. As for the 2010 trading deadline with us right in the thick of the race... EPIC FAIL.

I know there is still the chance to trade for players after the deadline if they clear waivers, but I just can't get over the fact that EVERY team in the NL that is still in the race made a move (or multiple moves) with the exception of the Cincinnati Reds. I'm glad our roster is that stacked where we can just stand pat while everyone else improves. Hell, we get this chance every 15 years, no need to rush it.

Tony Cloninger
07-31-2010, 08:04 PM
The Westbrook trade is basically like getting Brian Mohler or that LHP who's name escapes me. Now if Westbrook goes all Doyle Alexander ...then I think Duncan should be put in the HOF at the end of the year.

Gallen5862
07-31-2010, 08:14 PM
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

NL East

The division-leading Braves added depth to their bullpen and outfield by acquiring Kyle Farnsworth and Rick Ankiel from the Royals for Jesse Chavez, Gregor Blanco, and Tim Collins. Atlanta also acquired Wilkin Ramirez from the Tigers in a minor deal.

camisadelgolf
07-31-2010, 11:04 PM
The Westbrook trade is basically like getting Brian Mohler or that LHP who's name escapes me. Now if Westbrook goes all Doyle Alexander ...then I think Duncan should be put in the HOF at the end of the year.
Shawn Estes, I believe.

Redsfan320
08-01-2010, 09:54 AM
FINAL LIST (not all $ amounts are know, nor are PTBNLs):

Washington Nationals acquire P Ryan Tatusko and P Tanner Roark from Texas Rangers

St. Louis Cardinals acquire P Jake Westbrook and $ from Cleveland Indians, and P Nick Greenwood from San Diego Padres
San Diego Padres acquire OF Ryan Ludwick from St. Louis Cardinals and $ from Cleveland Indians
Cleveland Indians acquire P Corey Kluber from San Diego Padres

Los Angeles Dodgers acquire P Ted Lilly, SS Ryan Theriot, and $2.5MM from Chicago Cubs
Chicago Cubs acquire 2B Blake DeWitt, P Brett Wallach, and P Kyle Smit from Los Angeles Dodgers

New York Yankees acquire P Kerry Wood and $2.17MM from Cleveland Indians
Cleveland Indians acquire PTBNL and $ from New York Yankees
Cleveland will receive an additional $200K from the Yankees if Wood stays healthy through end of season.

Florida Marlins acquire P Will Ohman from Baltimore Orioles
Baltimore Orioles acquire P Rick Vanden Hurk from Florida Marlins

Atlanta Braves acquire OF Wilkin Ramirez from Detroit Tigers
Detroit Tigers acquire PTBNL (or $ if no PTBNL by 11/20/10) from Atlanta Braves

Los Angeles Dodgers acquire P Octavio Dotel and $500K from Pittsburgh Pirates
Pittsburgh Pirates acquire P James McDonald and OF Andrew Lambo from Los Angeles Dodgers

Atlanta Braves acquire CF Rick Ankiel and P Kyle Farnsworth from Kansas City Royals
Kansas City Royals acquire P Jesse Chavez, OF Gregor Blanco, and P Tim Collins from Atlanta Braves

San Francisco Giants acquire P Javier Lopez from Pittsburgh Pirates
Pittsburgh Pirates acquire 1B, OF John Bowker and P Joe Martinez from San Francisco Giants

Boston Red Sox acquire C Jared Saltalamacchia form Texas Rangers
Texas Rangers acquire P Roman Mendez, 1B Chris McGuiness, PTBNL, and $350K from Boston Red Sox

San Francisco Giants acquire P Ramon (Santo) Ramirez from Boston Red Sox
Boston Red Sox acquire P Daniel Turpen from San Francisco Giants