PDA

View Full Version : Tejada going to San Deigo?

GIDP
07-29-2010, 05:23 PM
#Orioles Miguel Tejada has been scratched; believed he has been dealt to the San Diego Padres pending league approval. Still working on this

From Dan Connolly Baltimore Suns Orioles beat writer.

GIDP
07-29-2010, 05:26 PM
Tejedas WAR this season is .1

I dont know how he helps anyone other than maybe coming off the bench.

GIDP
07-29-2010, 05:28 PM
Looks like Baltimore is calling up Josh Bell as well. So looking pretty obvious that Tejada is moving somewhere.

texasdave
07-29-2010, 05:32 PM
Why would San Diego, or really anyone, want Miguel Tejada? Is he going to play SS for them? 3B? If he plays short watch that staff ERA start climbing.

GIDP
07-29-2010, 05:40 PM
I have no idea where Tejada fits for the Pads.

GIDP
07-29-2010, 05:47 PM
Padres sending Wynn Pelzer to Baltimore

http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?utm_source=direct&utm_medium=linker&utm_campaign=Linker&id=pelzer001wyn

Boy do his numbers suck lol

mlh1981
07-29-2010, 05:54 PM
This would have been a really big idea about 5 years ago.

Hondo
07-29-2010, 06:31 PM
Atleast the Padres are trying to do something. Walt is sitting here letting Cliff Lee become a Ranger and Roy Oswalt become a Philly...

I just wish this team would help support the troops!

Girevik
07-29-2010, 07:20 PM
Atleast the Padres are trying to do something. Walt is sitting here letting Cliff Lee become a Ranger and Roy Oswalt become a Philly...

I just wish this team would help support the troops!

So Walt should trade a prospect for someone who's not as good as what's on the team now to "do something"? From all accounts he went hard after Lee but they simply liked another prospect better than the Reds'. There is no way Oswalt would come to Cincy if they had to pick up the option, and reportedly the only way he WOULD come to Cincy was if they did....I can't fault Walt for that.

Hondo
07-29-2010, 09:04 PM
So Walt should trade a prospect for someone who's not as good as what's on the team now to "do something"? From all accounts he went hard after Lee but they simply liked another prospect better than the Reds'. There is no way Oswalt would come to Cincy if they had to pick up the option, and reportedly the only way he WOULD come to Cincy was if they did....I can't fault Walt for that.

That wasn't the point.

The point is all these other teams making moves to Improve their ballclubs. The Point was not to get Tejada...

The Point is where is the Front Office at in making a push for the Post Season.

powersackers
07-29-2010, 09:13 PM
Pads are down Eckstein, and another IFer. They are trying to grab a big name that might have two more months and a playoff run in him. Every Middle IFer and 3b on the Pads has under 100 OPS+; and they gave up some AA SP with a 1.6 WHIP. What's it hurt?

GIDP
07-29-2010, 10:16 PM
Because it appears that they are going to play him at SS. If thats teh case they did nothing but get worse by that move.