PDA

View Full Version : Reds - Braves matchup

brm7675
07-29-2010, 07:54 PM
Well looking that Cueto and Bronson are going in games 1 and 2, against none of the Braves studs and we don't face Lowe or their ACE Hudson in this 3 game series, you have to feel good about taking at least 2. I am concerned with Volquez on Sunday and hope both Cueto and Bronson can go deep in case we need the pen on Sunday. Lets hope Dusty doesn't go with the "day off" Sunday plan since they had Thursday off going into this series.

sabometrics
07-29-2010, 08:01 PM
We're playing well, but nothing should be taken for granted. Jurrjens has been stellar since he got back off the DL, back to his 2009 form, which should make Saturday very interesting, and Medlen is no joke. Hanson is very good as well, and his season numbers are high due to a few really bad starts. Should be a great series.

NeilHamburger
07-29-2010, 08:22 PM
Lowe has been terrible, so it's bad break they aren't facing him.

But, not facing Hudson is huge. He's the type of pitcher who would shut this team out.

Hanson seems very hit and miss. He has great games, then he has terrible games. The reds destroyed him in Atlanta FWIW.

powersackers
07-29-2010, 10:19 PM
I just hope we don't face Brooks Conrad with the bases loaded. But at least Nix won't be able to knock it over the wall in GABP, it's too tall.

Griffey012
07-30-2010, 12:21 AM
I just hope we don't face Brooks Conrad with the bases loaded. But at least Nix won't be able to knock it over the wall in GABP, it's too tall.

Too bad they didnt call up GMJ...I bet he could jump that high.