PDA

View Full Version : Not One, But Two.......

PuffyPig
07-31-2010, 08:25 PM
We all know that Joey Votto leads Albert Pujols by .091 points in OPS.

But as of this second, Scott Rolen has climbed over Pujols and leads him by .003 (.942 to .939). I have no doubt that Pujols is hurting.

Huff is at .949.

A resurgent Rolen looms very strongly for us down the stretch. Keeping him fresh could be a huge key.

TheNext44
07-31-2010, 09:33 PM

But as of this second, Scott Rolen has climbed over Pujols and leads him by .003 (.942 to .939). I have no doubt that Pujols is hurting.

Huff is at .949.

A resurgent Rolen looms very strongly for us down the stretch. Keeping him fresh could be a huge key.

Or his monthly shipment got delayed. :cool:

Blitz Dorsey
07-31-2010, 09:36 PM
Can't believe Pujols didn't make sure he had more than one HGH dealer. Once his dude went to prison, he was screwed. Where's he gonna get the stuff from now? Bonds? Good luck with that. McGwire? He can't remember where he got his stuff from, so let's just focus on the future. Canseco? Might be good temporarily, but you don't want to end up in a book.

Hey, nothing that a quick trip to Tijuana can't rectify. Or back to the Dominican Republic. (There's a chance Volquez could hook him up with his dude.)

WVRedsFan
07-31-2010, 11:40 PM
Puffy's original post just proves how valuable Scott Rolen is to this club. Bravo!

As for Volquez, how many actually believe his story about wanting to have a baby so he took fertillity drugs? I don't. After watching the infamous video from a couple of years ago, I saw a very immature man. I see it in his life and on the mound. I also am amazed at the lack of outrage for his behavior and the wealth of it over Bonds, McGwire, Pujols, and others.

corkedbat
07-31-2010, 11:59 PM

Huff is at .949.

Very true. Rolen is like the Cards version of Carpenter. When he's helathy, you know you're going to get professionalism and production, but recent past history shows you have to be leary of injury. If he can stay healthy, he may be enough to keep the Reds in the race, but if the season were to wear on him the team will need a big performance increase from at least one and hopefully two of the OF spots to pick up the slot (not that we don't need that regardless).